Breaking: shots fired at Virginia-based Apple Store

13567

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 123
    Clad in beige wearing a fake beard points to a disgruntled Windows Ultimate user. Ticked off that Macs now have two-button mice? Or is he trying to keep the Mac user base from rising above 10%?
  • Reply 42 of 123
    gmhutgmhut Posts: 242member
    VA is a big state. Rednecks in Northern VA? Arlington?



    Here's a little taste of that particular ghetto:



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T1RMuoQnKo
  • Reply 43 of 123
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by damnyooneek View Post


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T1RMuoQnKo the place is dangerous. there are curfew hours living there.



    Yeah, I saw that funny video when it first came out. The guy is brand new to the area so doesn't have a clue but he did make a very funny video. Some of it was filmed in Market Common where the Apple store is and across the street is Whole Foods. Of course we all know that Apple stores, Whole Foods, Crate & Barrel, and Pottery Barn are all located in dangerous neighborhoods, right?



    BTW, there's no curfew here. More about Arlington:



    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arlington_County,_Virginia
  • Reply 44 of 123
    lewchenkolewchenko Posts: 110member
    A laptop hunter advert that went very bad ?



    Maybe the guy wanted an 'extra' 5 finger discount, and tried to seal the deal with ahem... his gun. He clearly wasnt cool enough to own a mac though, so should have tried best buy down the road.





    On a more serious note, it is of course of tragedy that this has happened, and the fact that our festering, rotting human society has lead us to such things happening (all too often). My condolences to anyone injured.
  • Reply 45 of 123
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lewchenko View Post


    On a more serious note, it is of course of tragedy that this has happened, and the fact that our festering, rotting human society has lead us to such things happening (all too often).



    In that case, then society has always been festering and rotting because it is not uncommon for something of this caliber to happen. I bet there are many violent outburst in a retail stores every single day somewhere in the world. If it?s rotting then it?s a very, very slow rot indeed.
  • Reply 46 of 123
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,756member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paige View Post


    As a fellow Apple employee, I really hope that the woman who was shot will be ok. It never ceases to amaze me how shallow some of the people who have commented here are!



    OBVIOUSLY we all hope that everyone involved will be ok. Does it even need to be mentioned? I mean, it goes without saying.



    Are we obliged to throw out an "I hope they're ok" everytime crap like this happens? Of course we hope they're ok!
  • Reply 47 of 123
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post






    He wasn?t wearing a Seattle Seahawk?s hat or jersey, was he?



    I must admit that considering a woman was shot during this event, that much of what has been posted has been in very poor taste.



    But damn, that was funny.



    Particularly so if you have ever had the misfortune of exiting off the 90 onto the 4th street exit, right when either a Mariners or Seahawks game lets out. Put it in park - you ain't going anywhere for the next couple of hours.
  • Reply 48 of 123
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,756member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    In that case, then society has always been festering and rotting because it is not uncommon for something of this caliber to happen. I bet there are many violent outburst in a retail stores every single day somewhere in the world. If it’s rotting then it’s a very, very slow rot indeed.



    This is nothing compared to the ancient/medieval world. Except that recent generations have gornw unsed to the horrors witnessed by out ancestors.



    In an era of promoting globalization, World Peace(TM), and platitudes from the Pope, these unfortunate events seem even more unsettling. We no longer accept violence qua violence the way our ancestors did.
  • Reply 49 of 123
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Luckily, this story will be buried thanks to the unending Michael Jackson coverage, and now 4th of July coverage.
  • Reply 50 of 123
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post


    I must admit that considering a woman was shot during this event, that much of what has been posted has been in very poor taste.



    But damn, that was funny.



    Particularly so if you have ever had the misfortune of exiting off the 90 onto the 4th street exit, right when either a Mariners or Seahawks game lets out. Put it in park - you ain't going anywhere for the next couple of hours.



    I do hope that she is okay, but like it was previously stated it goes without saying, but since I don?t know the person in any way I see no reason why I or anyone should add platitude to a web forum that I?m pretty sure she won?t frequent. By that token, I hope that everyone is safe all the time everywhere in the world, but I don?t see a need to say that. Besides, humour is good for the soul and helps with the grieving process.



    I?m glad you found it humorous, but my goal in the joke was to target a banned poster on this forum named Seahawk Fan who is very caustic, angry and abusive at anything Apple.





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post


    Luckily, this story will be buried thanks to the unending Michael Jackson coverage, and now 4th of July coverage.



    I heard that Michael Jackson will be melted down and made into Legos so kids can play with him for once. (Too soon?)
  • Reply 51 of 123
    8corewhore8corewhore Posts: 833member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post


    WTF is in the water in Virginia? This shooting, Virginia Tech, the snipers Malvo and Muhammad killed many in Virginia. Jeebus. I just hope no one was seriously injured.



    Lead.
  • Reply 52 of 123
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post


    We no longer accept violence qua violence the way our ancestors did.



    We don't accept it, we worship it.
  • Reply 53 of 123
    mikeyuscmikeyusc Posts: 2member
    I was in this store waiting to buy a MackBook Pro when this happened. At first it sounded like some boxes had fallen over in the store room, then there was a loud bang, followed by the most horrible scream I've ever heard in my life. The employees very cautiously looked in the back room, then immediately told everyone to leave the store, which of course we did, fairly quickly.
  • Reply 54 of 123
    oc4theooc4theo Posts: 294member
    I won't be surprised if this was orchestrated by an employee. Remember the thefts in Boston by 2 employees?



    Let's wait a few days and the details will be clear.
  • Reply 55 of 123
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by damnyooneek View Post


    VA is hood. the whole state is plagued with crazy people. even though those events have nothing to do with each other I think its because they're all tripping off of acetylsalicylic acid.



    I know this whole thread is dumb, but this is a really dumb statement on top of that. Of all the drugs to pick, acid is one of the least likely to turn someone violent for no reason.



    On a different note, the guy sounds like an amateur to me because (at least where I am), *armed* robbery is a million times more serious than robbery. Experienced bank/retail robbers usually use a fake gun so the sentence is not so bad when they ultimately get caught.



    Maybe the US is so heavily armed that this doesn't hold true in Virginia though.
  • Reply 56 of 123
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post


    This is nothing compared to the ancient/medieval world. Except that recent generations have gornw unsed to the horrors witnessed by out ancestors.



    In an era of promoting globalization, World Peace(TM), and platitudes from the Pope, these unfortunate events seem even more unsettling. We no longer accept violence qua violence the way our ancestors did.



    If this is true, (and I don't disagree), that makes the US one of the most "medieval" or backward countries in the world.
  • Reply 57 of 123
    trackertracker Posts: 35member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by merdhead View Post


    The assailant or the victim?



    Who do you think?
  • Reply 58 of 123
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post


    I know this whole thread is dumb, but this is a really dumb statement on top of that. Of all the drugs to pick, acid is one of the least likely to turn someone violent for no reason.



    On a different note, the guy sounds like an amateur to me because (at least where I am), *armed* robbery is a million times more serious than robbery. Experienced bank/retail robbers usually use a fake gun so the sentence is not so bad when they ultimately get caught.



    Maybe the US is so heavily armed that this doesn't hold true in Virginia though.



    He was making a joke. Acetylsalicylic acid is Aspirin, not LSD. But on that note, a bad trip could cause hallucenations and paranoia, but meth and even alcohol are probably more likely to cause a violent outburst.
  • Reply 59 of 123
    Wow, just wow. Some of you need to grow up.
  • Reply 59 of 123
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uni View Post


    Who's to say that the shooting wasn't caused by a vigilant gun owner (read: meth addict up for 4 days) who THOUGHT somebody else had a gun and was trying to stop THEM? Wow, your argument kinda fell apart there.



    Wow, statistics show more gun crimes committed by useless people who don't comply with the law.
Sign In or Register to comment.