Microsoft retail store gets odd viral marketing buzz

Comments

• Reply 101 of 126
    I saw this video a day or 2 ago, and was waiting for AI to comment about it.

Since I live in Europe, I've never had the opportunity to visit an Apple Store. Thank God that you guys didn't respond with, " Look they're copying Apple's dance routines too"!!!!

My comments mirror those already stated here: pathetic, embarrassing.... and where is your dignity?! Is there a sick reason why MS is trying to destroy itself? As others have said, one bad mistake after another when it comes to advertising and marketing their products.
  • Reply 102 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel001 View Post

Suddenly all the staff who jumped ship from Apple to Microsoft realise their mistake.

So true! I don't know who I feel worse for... the store employees or the MS manager that green lighted bkslavin viral services. \
  • Reply 103 of 126
    The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste. They have absolutely no taste. And what that means is, I don't mean that in a small way, I mean it in a big way. In the sense that they don't think of original ideas, and they don't bring much culture into their product. And you say, well, why is that important? Well, proportionately spaced fonts come from typesetting, and beautiful books. That's where one gets the idea. If it weren't for the Mac, they would never have that in their products. And so I guess I am saddened, not by Microsoft's success. I have no problem with their success. They've earned their success.. for the most part. I have a problem with the fact that they just really make third rate products.

• Reply 104 of 126
    if they are going to do this sort of thing atleast do it right like T-Mobile did in the UK. see here
  • Reply 105 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

I saw this video a day or 2 ago, and was waiting for AI to comment about it.

Since I live in Europe, I've never had the opportunity to visit an Apple Store. Thank God that you guys didn't respond with, " Look they're copying Apple's dance routines too"!!!!

My comments mirror those already stated here: pathetic, embarrassing.... and where is your dignity?! Is there a sick reason why MS is trying to destroy itself? As others have said, one bad mistake after another when it comes to advertising and marketing their products.

LOL .... at Apple stores they try to help customers.... and they are too busy and crowded to allow for dancing anyway!

Microsoft is working furiously to prepare EULA's, licensing and activation fees for any retail establishment that wants to copy their in-store-line-dancing routines.

• Reply 106 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacShack View Post

And jokes are suppose to be funny.

I know it's a common thing to say on the other side of the Atlantic ocean. And a "white" guy , as you seem to call yourselves, saying this only makes it worse. In America where the black and white view still plays a big role in society. It isn't funny. It's terms and sayings have deep roots in racism and segragation (apartheid). Any well educated person should know better. The more you fuel it, yes even in (seemingly innocent) jokes, the longer the flames remain. It's just an point on my agenda to confront such remarks. People have sometimes no idea where these things come from. Just think about it.

first off, Im a lady. Second off, I have a couple of MAs so please dont call me uneducated . relax, its not that serious and certainly not derogatory. If you didnt find it funny then get over it and MOVE ON
  • Reply 107 of 126
    kgavkgav Posts: 16member
    forgive me if it's been said but watching the video is like watching a bunch of epileptic teletubbies play basketball.
  • Reply 108 of 126
    Now if only Apple would get off it's dead behind and re-open IT'S Mission Viejo store!

I'm having a serious withdrawl problem by now.
  • Reply 109 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joergsi View Post

The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste. They have absolutely no taste. And what that means is, I don't mean that in a small way, I mean it in a big way. In the sense that they don't think of original ideas, and they don't bring much culture into their product. And you say, well, why is that important? Well, proportionately spaced fonts come from typesetting, and beautiful books. That's where one gets the idea. If it weren't for the Mac, they would never have that in their products. And so I guess I am saddened, not by Microsoft's success. I have no problem with their success. They've earned their success.. for the most part. I have a problem with the fact that they just really make third rate products.

Very appropriate.

QFT.
  • Reply 110 of 126
    Girl in green shirt has NICE TITS.

That's all I got from this article
  • Reply 111 of 126
    I know of this for first hand experience. Microsoft learned that from Apple. Apple has lost the culture and fun. Employees are miserable. Management is more like Gap, Target and Starbucks then Apple like. Be honest. You can't say when you go to the Apple Store now everyone is having fun. People are more computerized. Sales people are only selling not providing solutions. They care more about services then customer experience. Apple needs to listen up. You can grow without loosing culture. Who wants to be Golith. In the end Davie knocks him to the floor. Microsoft has experienced that before.
  • Reply 112 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mom2close View Post

I know of this for first hand experience. Microsoft learned that from Apple. Apple has lost the culture and fun. Employees are miserable. Management is more like Gap, Target and Starbucks then Apple like. Be honest. You can't say when you go to the Apple Store now everyone is having fun. People are more computerized. Sales people are only selling not providing solutions. They care more about services then customer experience. Apple needs to listen up. You can grow without loosing culture. Who wants to be Golith. In the end Davie knocks him to the floor. Microsoft has experienced that before.

Apple's customer service is #1 in the industry. The Stores do just fine in that area. So what's your point?
  • Reply 113 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Apple's customer service is #1 in the industry. The Stores do just fine in that area. So what's your point?

If you work at an Apple Store you would know my point. #1 by by those silly surveys that JP Powers does, please. How many people do these surveys? They only survey up to a certain amount of people. They don't go across the nation to every household. As a former employee I know first hand how frustrated we are. Some of us have invested dreams and have been left with failure. Apple is no innocent here. My reference was about culture and how slowly it fading away. When was the last time you went to an Apple Store and found dancing, clapping, happiness besides the first day of opening. You go to the Genius Bar to speak of issues on your iPhone and they look at you with 3 heads. I was one of those people who did it. We were less sympathetic, straight to policy and procedure instead of using our credo with our customers. This is Managements fault. They have made us this way. The constant let downs, write-up, unfulfilled positions, demotions, an unfair grow your own program, harassment, etc... Look at this, more than half my store is applying for Microsoft. Even a long time district manager heads Apple's Retail Devision. What does that say. I've seen more customers walk away unhappy then those in those silly surveys being happy. Hopefully Apple will wise up. I still use a mac. I am still a mac user. I just don't like the company it keeps. By the way: "Made on a Mac for a PC"
  • Reply 114 of 126
    I couldn't watch more than 20 seconds before i couldn't take anymore. Only thing worse would be watching a fat guy poop.

Oh I just threw up in my mouth a little....

They should've used Jerry Seinfield to be their spokes perso..... oh wait that would fail too.

& anyone that would turn down a 27" imac for any PC is smoking crack. Those are soooooo nice.

I will never look at microsoft the same after this video. so FAILS. Except for the girl shplifting. I like her. She seems dangerous.
  • Reply 115 of 126
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,754member
    Is this what now passes for "culture" in the world of people who only work, hole themselves up in suburban dwellings at night, and go to shopping malls on weekends?

God, I feel so out of touch with the world of vacuous consumerism...
  • Reply 116 of 126
    Quote:

When was the last time you went to an Apple Store and found dancing, clapping, happiness besides the first day of opening. You go to the Genius Bar to speak of issues on your iPhone and they look at you with 3 heads. I

Why would anyone want to see staged, artificial idiocy because the company pushing it is desperate to shed its lousy image? Apple Stores are usually packed. Packed! They're doing amazing business and there's no end in sight. Not bad for such a horrible work environment. The rest of your post is purely anecdotal. When there is a mass exodus to MS Stores and there is evidence that Apple can't keep employees, then we'll talk. Right now, Apple Stores are moving from strength to strength, and there is no shortage of applicants.

I'll take yearly surverys by different sources over your anecdotal opinions any day. Show me the numbers. That's all that matters.
  • Reply 117 of 126
    If what you say is truly your experience, then you're speaking about the store YOU worked at. You cannot generalize the culture in your store to the culture of Apple. Sounds like your store is poorly managed. But to say what you experienced in your one store represents the culture of the currently 280 stores is absurd and shows your bias against Apple.

Oh and BTW, just look at how popular Apple Stores are and how people just love browsing them. That gives you an idea of success. Having said that, sounds like Apple needs to address a morale issue in the city where you're from.

Quote:

If you work at an Apple Store you would know my point. #1 by by those silly surveys that JP Powers does, please. How many people do these surveys? They only survey up to a certain amount of people. They don't go across the nation to every household. As a former employee I know first hand how frustrated we are. Some of us have invested dreams and have been left with failure. Apple is no innocent here. My reference was about culture and how slowly it fading away. When was the last time you went to an Apple Store and found dancing, clapping, happiness besides the first day of opening. You go to the Genius Bar to speak of issues on your iPhone and they look at you with 3 heads. I was one of those people who did it. We were less sympathetic, straight to policy and procedure instead of using our credo with our customers. This is Managements fault. They have made us this way. The constant let downs, write-up, unfulfilled positions, demotions, an unfair grow your own program, harassment, etc... Look at this, more than half my store is applying for Microsoft. Even a long time district manager heads Apple's Retail Devision. What does that say. I've seen more customers walk away unhappy then those in those silly surveys being happy. Hopefully Apple will wise up. I still use a mac. I am still a mac user. I just don't like the company it keeps. By the way: "Made on a Mac for a PC"

• Reply 118 of 126
    "Mirroring the company's software reputation, Microsoft Store employees stop working and do something completely useless and fucking annoying instead of what they're supposed to do: WORK!"

How is using company hours to train employees to line dance help "improve" a company's image? May as well use that time to train your employees how to point customers to the Apple Store.

Nice job, MICRO(small)SOFT(weak)
  • Reply 119 of 126
    I'm sure you mean "losing culture" because I'm not quite sure what "loosing culture" is.

Quote:

Apple needs to listen up. You can grow without loosing culture.

• Reply 120 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post

I'm sure you mean "losing culture" because I'm not quite sure what "loosing culture" is.

oops. It could have been all the Apple Koolaid.