Google issues custom unlocked phones ahead of rumored Jan. launch

Comments

• Reply 141 of 344
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

This is a stupid comment. He is posting objective facts, and you equate that to "worshipping?"

If he was the type to "worship" things he wouldn't be making Jesus jokes probably. Unless you are actually trying to suggest that he formerly worshiped this Jesus person, and has now switched his allegiance to an inanimate object? That's just crazy talk.

With Quadra the scary part is the comment about Jesus wasn't a joke. He really believe that crazy shit.

This is Quadra on the left with is buddy at the Mall.

LINK REMOVED

• Reply 142 of 344
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

Actually, most of the industry analysts agree that Android will surpass Apple in the mobile phone arena in 2010. Do your research.

This is based on the number of mobile manufactures introducing Android on all networks worldwide.

This is also BS. You're getting desperate here and just pulling stuff out of thin air. One report said that Android might sell more handsets than iPhones next year due to the number of companies jumping on the platform.

It's a prediction based on current trends and numbers (i.e.- it could be completely off base). This is no where near to equating to "most ... industry analysts agree," and no where near being a fact of any kind.

Your being a total cheerleader here.
  • Reply 143 of 344
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    The Android OS is actually free. Google makes money from ads within its services. Google makes money from its iPhone apps.

Google business model is very different from what MS has done with Windows.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

Yet that isn't the point for Google is it? They get revenue on every phone & App sold.

You can't even say it's a unique business model. It's how Microsoft became the standard for the world in the PC arena.

• Reply 144 of 344
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

Apple has Millions of Happy users.

It's brought a Revolutionary web browser experience to a smartphone.

They've brought a seamless experience of having Video & Music right in your pocket.

You can enjoy a Rich looking Mail App and even though they were deemed late in adding these features, landscape mode, MMS, Voice Control, and cut copy & paste. At least when it was released they got it right the first time.

What will Android or droid (whatever it's called) revolutionize is the real question??

The Ignorance of this quote " APPLE IS DOOMED" goes into the pile of other useless and tasteless remarks about a company who's innovation and drive distributes products we just can't live without.

Dude he was joking.
  • Reply 145 of 344
    What barometer are you using to define "revolutionary"? Its easy to throw around such words but what does it really mean?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Some of the products suck like Apple TV but I didn't say most of them suck. While the Macbook, Macbook Pro and iMac are all good products I simply stated we have seen nothing revolutionary in those products in quite a while. Not sure how you could even put that up for debate. What has really change in any of those products? Snow Leopard the same issue. When you can sell your OS for 29.00 how much did you really put into it?

• Reply 146 of 344
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:

With Quadra the scary part is the comment about Jesus wasn't a joke. He really believe that crazy shit.

This is Quadra on the left with is buddy at the Mall.

I don't generally talk to you cause you've been on my ignore list almost forever due to the way you bully people around and just spout a lot of negative junk that doesn't have any basis in fact. Even though this is kind of mild compared to stuff you've done in the past, I reported this post for the personal attack contained therein, and hope others do as well.

You don't like Apple, you don't seem to like much of anything. This place would be a lot better off if you just left. Hope you realise that some day.
  • Reply 147 of 344
    Quote:

With Quadra the scary part is the comment about Jesus wasn't a joke.

Correct, I most certainly wasn't joking. I'll repeat:

The iPhone was to the mobile industry (and still is) what Jesus was to the apostles.

All too true. The mobile industry today looks nothing like what it was pre June 2007. Totally different ballgame. Even the carriers have been changing up their game. All thanks to Apple and what the iPhone brought to the table. And the copying of the iPhone and the attempts to duplicate the Apple experience is still going on.

And as for Google selling their "own phone" next year, apparently without a carrier, I bet Motorola and Verizon are just tickled pink.
  • Reply 148 of 344
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

What barometer are you using to define "revolutionary"? Its easy to throw around such words but what does it really mean?

Thats actually a good question. In my opinion its very hard to make something these days that is revolutionary rather then simply evolutionary. At least when it comes to technology.
  • Reply 149 of 344
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

I don't generally talk to you cause you've been on my ignore list almost forever due to the way you bully people around and just spout a lot of negative junk that doesn't have any basis in fact. Even though this is kind of mild compared to stuff you've done in the past, I reported this post for the personal attack contained therein, and hope others do as well.

You don't like Apple, you don't seem to like much of anything. This place would be a lot better off if you just left. Hope you realise that some day.

I didn't realize you could bully someone over the internet. My opinion isn't negative its realistic. Apple makes some very nice products and I own and use alot of them. That doesn't mean I have to think Steve Jobs walks on water. I actually belong to Macrumors.com and have for several years, as does Quadra and he doesn't even know who I am there.

The problem with this forum is members start adding to your words when you say something negative against Apple. Which is how threads go from talking about a new phone to this. One negative comment is like shining a light on the roaches.
  • Reply 150 of 344
    Quote:

Macbook has had nothing major

Macbook Pro has had nothing major

Mac Pro, nothing

Apple TV, has been a failure.

Macbook Air another failure.

iPods nothing major.

IMac, nothing. Except for quadcore which everyone else has had for years now.

They are such an innovative company? What have they done in years thats been so innovative?

The Macbooks are a huge success with the education market. Sometimes Apple operates under the philosophy of if it's not broke don't fix it.

MacBook Pro's. 8GB of ram 256SSD option better screen viewing, much improved graphics.

Mac Pro. It's a screamer! (Though the cinema display 30" could be updated, but it still has a higher resolution then the 27" iMac)

Apple TV. Not a Failure, just a Hobby, Apple clearly makes this known during quarterly conference calls

MacBook Air, Spawned a rush of copycats (Dell Adomao w/e ). It's innovation with remote disk (which stills has much more room to grow).

iPods (The shuffle has a voice, Nano's can shoot all day and night, the Classic is still a classic, the touch is a revolutionary game changer for games. Just ask Nintendo's CEO .)

iMac, The ALL IN ONE DESIGN.

Apple has spawned copycat after copycat. Everyone copies Apple...... Don't even get me started on Software. Snow Leopard's technologies alone are by far worth more then $29, just be grateful your on a relevant OS that's " Light years ahead "
  • Reply 151 of 344
    Quote:

Dude he was joking.

Okay apologies if taken out of context
  • Reply 152 of 344
    What a lot of the posters here seem to discount is that Google and Android seem to pop up on AI and other reporting websites more than most any other mobile OS (except for the iPhone, obviously). That says something about how, if any mobile OS is going to take down the iPhone, it will probably be Android (unless a completely new OS comes out that nobody had known about).
  • Reply 153 of 344
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TechieFromTex View Post

What a lot of the posters here seem to discount is that Google and Android seem to pop up on AI and other reporting websites more than most any other mobile OS (except for the iPhone, obviously). That says something about how, if any mobile OS is going to take down the iPhone, it will probably be Android (unless a completely new OS comes out that nobody had known about).

Google is a little more transparent with it's information then Apple, Thus the frequent Article Headlines about "GOOGLE DOES OR GOOGLE STEALS OR GOOGLE COPIES OR ERIC SCHMIDT WAS A SHEEP IN WOLFS CLOTHING" etc...

Apple marches to it's own beat, and rumor sites just can seem to find the tune..... Nor will they
  • Reply 154 of 344
    You do have to admit you've used some fairly hyperbolic language in this thread. Its only going to be met with push back on an Apple enthusiast board. You don't have to work so hard to prove you are not an Apple fanboy.

Many of us have disagreed with Apples choices from time to time. The key is to keep it all in proper context.

edit: wow, what did extremeskater say to get banned?

Quote:

The problem with this forum is members start adding to your words when you say something negative against Apple. Which is how threads go from talking about a new phone to this. One negative comment is like shining a light on the roaches.

• Reply 155 of 344
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Apple is DOOMED!

Yup, clearly HTC and Android will rule the world.

Here in South East Asia at least, in terms of smartphones, the iPhone and Blackberries are leading the way. HTC, Sony, Samsung etc. I'm sure still do sales but their ease-of-use and "sex appeal (on steroids or not)" isn't quite there. Sony had potential but the firmware issues and what not, something's missing.

I really don't know what the big hype is about Android. If anything it's going to marginalise Windows Mobile even more, and take a huge bite out of Symbian and limit Palm's WebOS.

Apple is "safe" for now. Given a little run for their money, but as far as I see Android and other interfaces on a global scale are all a little to diverse to really have a solid, long-term "feel" for the customer... if that makes any sense.

Or whatever, call me a fanboy, I just can't imagine using any other phone besides the iPhone 3GS for the next several months. I don' want to learn or figure out all these other features and interfaces because, albeit at face value, the interfaces all seem like those "user customised" windows XP interfaces, or like Linux GUIs. Close but really no cigar.

And owning a HTC or Samsung... In South East Asia at least, it ain't as hip as a Nokia, Blackberry or iPhone.
  • Reply 156 of 344
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

Google is a little more transparent with it's information then Apple, Thus the frequent Article Headlines about "GOOGLE DOES OR GOOGLE STEALS OR GOOGLE COPIES OR ERIC SCHMIDT WAS A SHEEP IN WOLFS CLOTHING" etc...

Apple marches to it's own beat, and rumor sites just can seem to find the tune..... Nor will they

Apple uses the strategy of "talk less, so when you talk, it means more". Apple spends a long time developing its new products, much more than other companies, so when a new product finally comes out, people are ready to buy it.

On a side note, to the people who seem to think that Apple isn't truly focused on money, only bringing out the best products they can, I would like to point you to Snow Leopard. $30 for a patch, I don't think so. Snow Leopard was mainly just to get peoples' mind off of Windows 7.

As for me, I do not like either Apple or Microsoft. I like some of the products of both, whichever is best, because choosing the lesser product just because it is of the brand you want is the surest way to frustration.
  • Reply 157 of 344
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

i KNOW!!! if it doesn't have a physical keyboard, it doesn't have a keyboard at all. this phone is such a useless piece of crap. i will wipe my ass with this phone and throw it at the wall. when will these people just give up and realize that the iPhone is the only true phone??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dlux View Post

Great. One troll gone, and another moves in to take his place. Do you post inflammatory remarks like this simply to derail the discussion?

Maybe g3pro is a certain T.Stud from a mirror universe.
  • Reply 158 of 344
    Quote:

As for me, I do not like either Apple or Microsoft. I like some of the products of both, whichever is best, because choosing the lesser product just because it is of the brand you want is the surest way to frustration.

I would not say I don't like either of them. I like Apple, and I dislike Microsoft. But I use Windows 7 on my PC for gaming, and Macbook Aluminium for everything else. Like you said, choosing a lesser product purely on brand will result in frustration. I could have tried to game on a MacBook and I would have thrown it out the window. Conversely, trying to enjoy my daily digital life on Windows would probably lead me to Harakiri.

I've been using PDAs since the early 90's (a simple Sharp model), to the brilliant PalmPilot and Handspring, then cut my teeth in the mobile world on Nokias and Sony Ericsson. With the iPhone, once I started using it since August last year, everything just came together. iPod, phone, Internet, PDA. Sure the brand is appealing (suddenly Apple is super hip in the mobile market) but the iPhone, just works.
  • Reply 159 of 344
    Quote:

Apple uses the strategy of "talk less, so when you talk, it means more". Apple spends a long time developing its new products, much more than other companies, so when a new product finally comes out, people are ready to buy it.

(sarcasm) Great observation jk

Quote:

You obviously enjoy Apple more, because your lingering around this forum (Unless your also on a spirited chat in the Windows blue screen of death forum rooms)
  • Reply 160 of 344
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

edit: wow, what did extremeskater say to get banned?

Probably just a three-day time-out. He needed it. The way he behaves, however, I don't doubt it'll eventually be permanent. But here's hoping it'll do good. Always preferable to see a Troll turn into a meaningful contributor of whatever stripe.