Clues that suggest new Macbook Pros are coming this week!

Comments

• Reply 41 of 165
    esquareesquare Posts: 18member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

I'm waiting for a Mac mini update \

That won't happen anytime soon. They've just been updated on October 20, 2009.
  • Reply 42 of 165
    Anyone think Tuesday the 16th for the i5/i7 MBPs? I'm really hoping for them this week...maybe the "delay" is so long between refreshes because it will be a major change (bigger than just the processor switch?)
  • Reply 43 of 165
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Esquare View Post

Either way I'll be forced to get a Mac mini soon. My G4 Cube runs Tiger and can't be upgraded to Leopard and the iPad needs Leopard.
  • Reply 44 of 165
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meshope View Post

I hope that at some point of time in the future Apple finally will become adult. What currently happens around the new MBPs is rather Kindergarten like. A car maker like say BMW announces a new car several months ahead. It says a new MBP will be available in yyyymm. You, customer, have the choice to buy now or wait for the new one, but we play with open cards and treat you as equal partners.

Apple doesn't think like that. I wonder if they even laugh about one of those stupid ones who buy a new computer on Friday and a new glories MBP gets announced next Tuesday.

That's not a valid analogy for two reasons:

1. A new BMW may be released four years after the last one. The difference between a new BMW and one four years earlier is insignificant compared to a new computer and a four year old computer.

2. BMW (and Audi, et al.) go to great lengths to hide their future models including testing them with fake bodywork.
  • Reply 45 of 165
    Quote:

April 20, 2010 will be around 6 months from that update.

Would it reasonable to look for an update to the Mini around 4/20/10 or later?
  • Reply 46 of 165
    Quote:

You have no basis with which to make such a concrete statement. You very well may be right, but you don't know their time tables any better than I do. Once they upgrade the MacBook, there will be little reason for them to stick with the Core 2 Duo processors in the Mini.
  • Reply 47 of 165
    guinnessguinness Posts: 473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by geneking7320 View Post

April 20, 2010 will be around 6 months from that update.

Would it reasonable to look for an update to the Mini around 4/20/10 or later?

It took Apple around 19 months to do a major refresh of the Mini the last time (going from a C2D/GMA 950 -> C2D/9400m). That October update was minor speed bump.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_mini#Mac_Mini_Core_2

I wouldn't hold your breath. I don't think Apple makes enough money on the Mini to really care about it, although maybe in another year, it will be worth updating mine (C2D/950 verson), assuming they update it by them.
  • Reply 48 of 165
    esquareesquare Posts: 18member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by infinitespecter View Post

Once they upgrade the MacBook, there will be little reason for them to stick with the Core 2 Duo processors in the Mini.

On the contrary: the integrated graphics of the Arrandale chips vs. the NVidia 9400M. I'd be surprised if we'd see Mac MIni's with i3 or i5 at all. Theoretically a discrete graphics card could be included, but given the lackluster upgrade path of the MIni, I have my doubts about that.
  • Reply 49 of 165
    Quote:

On the contrary: the integrated graphics of the Arrandale chips vs. the NVidia 9400M. I'd be surprised if we'd see Mac MIni's with i3 or i5 at all. Theoretically a discrete graphics card could be included, but given the lackluster upgrade path of the MIni, I have my doubts about that.

But a $800 mini with i3 or i5 video is a joke with apples new gameing push.

Even more so then the 2 YEAR OLD 9400M is better.
  • Reply 50 of 165
    vsighivsighi Posts: 22member
    ...anyone on MBP update.? Today is Tuesday.
  • Reply 51 of 165
    zurielzuriel Posts: 53member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vsighi View Post

...anyone on MBP update.? Today is Tuesday.

sorry dude...if there was it would be in red letters on the front page of this site
  • Reply 52 of 165
    Quote:

nVidia Ion 2 with Optimus technology is being used in sub $500 netbooks. There's no reason to believe that a Core i3 Mac Mini wouldn't use it.
  • Reply 53 of 165

Another week down.....
  • Reply 54 of 165
    Interesting...

For the past month or two MicroCenter has had the Macbook (Unibody) on sale from 999 for 799 with instant discount.

Today they announced that the entry level 13.3 Macbook Pro is now on sale from 1199 for 999.
  • Reply 55 of 165
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toolb0x View Post

Interesting...

For the past month or two MicroCenter has had the Macbook (Unibody) on sale from 999 for 799 with instant discount.

Today they announced that the entry level 13.3 Macbook Pro is now on sale from 1199 for 999.

Can you post a link for that? All I could find on the MicroCenter website was the faster 13.3" MBP (4GB/250GB HDD) for full retail ($1499).
  • Reply 56 of 165
    mr. kmr. k Posts: 115member
    Telling you guys, Apple is waiting for Mobile Fermi for the next generation of MBPs.
  • Reply 57 of 165
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post

Telling you guys, Apple is waiting for Mobile Fermi for the next generation of MBPs.

Wouldn't that be out of character for Apple to drive a HW releae based on the latest and greatest graphics chip? Since when has Apple been on the forefront of graphics cpu technology?
  • Reply 58 of 165
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kinsykins View Post

Can you post a link for that? All I could find on the MicroCenter website was the faster 13.3" MBP (4GB/250GB HDD) for full retail ($1499).

http://microcenter.com/single_produc...uct_id=0314210
  • Reply 59 of 165
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,906member
    I don't think I can wait much longer. The old 12" 867MHz Powerbook just doesn't cut it any longer. I named it MiniMe and it's days are numbered.

When is this Fermi Lab stuff expected? I can haz nuclear graphics!
  • Reply 60 of 165
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post

I don't think I can wait much longer. The old 12" 867MHz Powerbook just doesn't cut it any longer. I named it MiniMe and it's days are numbered.

When is this Fermi Lab stuff expected? I can haz nuclear graphics!

March 26th (from Wikipedia)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_400_Series