Apple's Steve Jobs, Google's Eric Schmidt reconcile over coffee

Comments

• Reply 61 of 98
    cvaldes1831cvaldes1831 Posts: 1,832member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kpluck View Post

Ok, lets be clear, this was staged.

There is no way they would have coffee in a public place, outdoors no less, by accident. They knew people would see and probably even take a picture or two.

Whatever the reason why, we can let the conspiracy theorists discuss that, this event was done on purpose to make it seem like the companies are on better terms than recently described in the press.

This was totally staged.

If they wanted privacy, they could have grabbed a quiet table at Il Fornaio. Plus, Il Fornaio has valet parking.

Oh, and that thing on the table? It's called a "menu."

• Reply 62 of 98
    Let me throw something out in the wild....

Apple and Google want to get rid of HTC.................it makes sense!
  • Reply 63 of 98
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MuncyWeb View Post

Historically speaking

http://www.cultofmac.com/steve-jobs-...-pictures/2613

Quote:

traveling in America has always been a right.

jtw2e, is that you?
  • Reply 64 of 98
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Definitely a PR stunt IMO...

I can imagine Google/HTC admitting Apple owns the touch interface and settling with Apple. This in turn will set a precedence in the mobile phone biz while at the same time freezing Nokia, RIM, and Microsoft with their touch interface products...

Isn't it the same thing Apple did with Diamond Multimedia and their Rio product? Thus solidifying Apple's music player dominance...

I am not so sure that Apple versus Google is a valid battle.

Apple wants to sells lots and lots of hardware devices and own the Mobile OS market and Google wants to sell tons and tons of web ads and own web advertising. I can imagine a scenario or two where these two giants can both win.
  • Reply 65 of 98
    Schmidt: "I wish I could quit you, Steve."
  • Reply 66 of 98
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Jobs was overheard by the photographer as saying two things: "They're going to see it all eventually, so who cares how they get it," reportedly said about Web content. And, "Let's go discuss this somewhere more private," after a crowd began to gather around the two.

Maybe he was referring to adult apps and content on the iTunes store.
  • Reply 67 of 98
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    Come on. Like many celebrity spottings, this meeting was staged so the public would see them. The two probably anonymously leaked where they would be and when. Clearly, the two want the message out that Google and Apple aren't feuding. Otherwise, there were a million places they could meet for a light lunch in private. Total photo op to control media perception.
  • Reply 68 of 98
    benicebenice Posts: 382member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

People keep stealing his license plate, so the State issued him a bar code instead.

If you zoom in, you'll see it a bit. Right where the plate should be.

Interesting, I never expected that. I can see the barcode. Never heard of an option like that from the state!
  • Reply 69 of 98
    dualiedualie Posts: 334member
    "The only thing that adds up is that neither felt comfortable meeting at each other's HQs, and this is the start of talks that will inevitably be tense for both sides."

Presumption. Nothing more. For all we know they simply wanted to step out for a coffee on a nice day. Despite the fact that they billionaire CEOs, they are still human beings.

I see nothing more than a couple of guys talking business at a coffee shop. I don't buy this whole impending war scenario at all. It makes for sexy fodder, but judging by this picture, there's far more diplomacy involved than the media would have us believe.
  • Reply 70 of 98
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    Those are Steve and Eric doubles meant to distract and throw off people. The real Steve and Eric are in the neutral of all countries Norway. They are talking peace treaties. It's a hug fest.
  • Reply 71 of 98
    2stepbay2stepbay Posts: 116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by benice View Post

Interesting, I never expected that. I can see the barcode. Never heard of an option like that from the state!

Steve is testing out the new iStealth, which makes anything invisible, including license plates. Obviously it needs some work as Jobs and Schmidt could not hide from the curious minded.
  • Reply 72 of 98
    cvaldes1831cvaldes1831 Posts: 1,832member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by benice View Post

You've never heard of an option like that from the state because it doesn't exist.

As I mentioned earlier, the barcode is the VIN.

All Mercedes-Benzes have them in that spot. (Well, at least all that have been manufactured in the past twenty years or so.)
  • Reply 73 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

Looks like Google's new iPad

yeah totally. The one that supports FLASH, a micro usb, Voip, Video Conferencing,4g, GPS, a real OS. You must mean that one!

proto 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESWuyOBihBM
  • Reply 74 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

I don't think they really ever were at odds with each other to begin with, it was just made to look that way.

Sounds strange, but wouldn't you rather a competitor that works with you than against you?

Apple isn't going to corner the market in smart phones, so somebody else has to fill the rest of the market and better Google than Microsoft.

Microsoft would support the hardware makers lawsuit against Apple, bringing it's huge cash hoard to the table from software sales, but Google won't.

Apple wins, gets to sue the pants off the hardware makers and get them to stop copying their IP.

It's all about who can suffer the huge legal fees from a lengthy lawsuit the longest.

Google is in the smart phone market only to keep Microsoft out.

The problem is Microsoft is as out of the smartphone market as Apple is out of the personal computer market.

And what is going to happen when Google releases Chrome OS? What are you going to say? That Chrome OS is for keeping Microsoft out of the netbooks/bargain PC market or something like that.

Too funny, right?

Keep dreaming.
  • Reply 75 of 98
    They can do amazing things with Photoshop nowadays.
  • Reply 76 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ilogic View Post

ripped jeans and black socks (and gray NBs)

AHahah!!
  • Reply 77 of 98
    They were discussing web content as it applies to digital distribution of tv shows and movies. Steve is not happy about GoogleTV, but also not worried.

Steve reached out to Eric. The conversation went something like this. "I didn't say all those nasty things the media is reporting(he did). Let's get together for coffee to show that this thing has been blown out of proportion." Steve wants to keep Google close.

The Palo Alto police know Jobs plates get stolen all the time so they don't give him any trouble about not having pates. The barcode has nothing to do with his license plates. It is a Mercedes Benz tracking #.

Jobs is not wearing black socks. The "turtle neck" is actually a full body unitard much like an adult onesie. Little known fact.
  • Reply 78 of 98
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    Traveling yes. Driving on public roads no.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MuncyWeb View Post

Historically speaking, traveling in America has always been a right. Technically NONE of us should have tags on our cars. Unfortunately most Americans see coercion as law and recognize unconstitutional acts as binding.

• Reply 79 of 98
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

I have the sneaking suspicion that Schmidt knows HTC doesn't have a chance, and he's meeting with Steve in a non-confrontational manner to discuss terms.

Or, it could be a "last meal" sort of thing for Schmidt before he ends up somewhere a few miles off the coast.

apple will smash google hard and long time

one trick ponies should learn manners

Quote:
    Originally Posted by replicant View Post

Keep your friends close and your deceitful backstabbing former board member closer

bing !!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTel View Post

Those are Steve and Eric doubles meant to distract and throw off people. The real Steve and Eric are in the neutral of all countries Norway. They are talking peace treaties. It's a hug fest.

nice nice
  • Reply 80 of 98
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    first SJ looks good

as pointed out it is a very public place, so they wanted to be noticed

bing vs google search

patents

google needs SJ as a friend since apple has the momentum for dominant media distribution

i think is a public display to calm stockholders and media moguls