Steve Jobs on claims of international iPad deception: "Are you nuts?"

Comments

• Reply 101 of 143
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

When I go to that page YouTube takes away the video screen and leaves a big message

Go Upgrade!

which links to Adobe flash download.

you probably just need to update to the newest version of click-to-flash (1.5.4)
  • Reply 102 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tofino View Post

i think you're just trolling. i got my pony as promised and everybody i know got their pony too. all those rumours of ponies being delayed by a supply problem are just that - rumours. it takes time to ramp up pony production!

Yeah. I got mine last week.
  • Reply 103 of 143
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,295member
    This week Molly Wood from Buzz out loud went on a five-minute ranting spree on how Apple was lying about the numbers and they most likely have warehouses full of iPads, hoarding them in order to artificially create scarcity. The haters are out of their ever loving minds.
  • Reply 104 of 143
    paulmjohnsonpaulmjohnson Posts: 1,380member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

In Canada we have started an "Apple Abandoned Us So We Are Abandoning Apple" campaign. We are asking people to come to our rallies with their Apple products that they will then toss into a huge bonfire.

Our first rally yesterday wasn't that great. Only 12 people showed up and they were throwing Zunes in the fire. I don't think they read the memo correctly.

Best comment I've ever read on AI - bravo!
  • Reply 105 of 143
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I thought Apple said you could use C, C++ or Obj-C

If you're programming for the iPhone/iPad (or Mac) in one or more those languages and you're not using Xcode, you should probably just step away from the keyboard before someone gets hurt.
  • Reply 106 of 143
    I think Steve knows more then the average us citizen: There are way more potential customers outside the US. And wit the weak dollar it is a great deal to sell it to them. To satisfy the initial international demand will be harder then what happened in the US.

And for all internationals who are waiting: Be happy about the americans testing. So internaionals will get fixed WiFi or other glitches (if they really exist).

If you think about how Apple keeps things secret, production can't really roll on long time before the initial announcement of the product: manufacturing of 500.000 units including shipping them from china to the US in such a short time isn't bad... Microsoft would have been happy to sell 500.000 Zune players within the first two weeks (they needed 1.5 years to sell 2 millions),
  • Reply 107 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

"Hear no evil, see no evil, do no evil."

Steve should just admit the deficits and be done with it, instead of letting his arrogance punch consumers in the face. There's only so much that consumers and developers are willing to take before they will abandon you.

ok, i'm not a developer but a heavy user, for editing, graphics, music video production, as well as less glamorous but more intense screenwriting/storyboarding.. and i am thrilled that the ceo of an imminently successful and creative enterprise takes time to answer emails. i can't imagine ceo's of any other enterprise as prominent who would spend one minute doing it. it, to me, shows the same care about details down to the tiniest one which makes my user experience virtually effortless.

i also admire a guy who can talk to me like we were sitting in a bar downing a beer and he's telling me...are you nuts? just telling me like it is. (although mr. j probably would be drinking a healthier drink) if i were a developer and i found his random comments and management style not to my liking, i would move on, instead of sitting in a place i don't like..

he's not trying to be a pr master, he just creates and innovates like crazy. i'm sure you could do a "personality analysis" of genius types over the years and i doubt they would fit a mold that some people insist highly creative people should fit (for what reason, i don't know.) in other fields, from all i have read mozart, einstein, henry ford, robin williams and even a crazy guy who got three boats and sailed over the edge of the world, weren't your kindly, gentlemanly or whatever types. they just did what they did well.
  • Reply 108 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lightstriker View Post

WAAA! There are iPads prancing around me!

Okay... you people in the US of A are really starting to burn me...

Even more evidence of iPad prancing (almost worthy of a flash upgrade!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVnLX...eature=related

STOP YOUR PRANCING!! We in Canada will take action!

Waaa...

PS - Apple is doomed
  • Reply 109 of 143
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    Quote:

Us foreigners have evidence of you Amaricuns prancing:

Bastards!!

Waaa

I AM AN AMERICAN AND I AM PRANCING AROUND WITH MY IPAD! PLEASE COOK MY STEAK AGAIN IT IS TOO RARE!

seriously. wtf.
  • Reply 110 of 143
    Quote:

Okay... you people in the US of A are really starting to burn me...

Even more evidence of iPad prancing (almost worthy of a flash upgrade!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVnLX...eature=related

STOP YOUR PRANCING!! We in Canada will take action!

Waaa...

PS - Apple is doomed!?

There. Fixed it for you.
  • Reply 111 of 143
    swiftswift Posts: 436member
    Quote:

Steve should just admit the deficits and be done with it, instead of letting his arrogance punch consumers in the face. There's only so much that consumers and developers are willing to take before they will abandon you.

I repeat, are you nuts?
  • Reply 112 of 143
    Quote:

In Canada we have started an "Apple Abandoned Us So We Are Abandoning Apple" campaign. We are asking people to come to our rallies with their Apple products that they will then toss into a huge bonfire.

Our first rally yesterday wasn't that great. Only 12 people showed up and they were throwing Zunes in the fire. I don't think they read the memo correctly.

Now that's the silliest thing I've heard of.

When I lived in Canada, we took it for granted that the latest American thing would only arrive for us about two years later. Now you're complaining about a couple of months?

Teabaggers.
  • Reply 113 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

You sound like you've got some serious issues there with SJ, buddy. Comes through in every post of yours. If you can't say something decent (or at least value-added), perhaps you should consider not saying anything at all?

It's getting really tiresome.

I agree. It's some kind of psychological issue.
  • Reply 114 of 143
    Quote:

For perspective, check out this viewpoint from someone who confesses, "I loathe Apple products, and chafe under the straight-jacket of their aesthetic whenever I use one."
  • Reply 115 of 143
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,295member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CurtisEMayle View Post

For perspective, check out this viewpoint from someone who confesses, "I loathe Apple products, and chafe under the straight-jacket of their aesthetic whenever I use one."

Fantastic article! The following is a quote from the article and will become my new sig:

"Apple has no competition. Every commercial product which competes directly with an Apple product (particularly the iPhone) gives me (and many others) the distinct impression that ?where it is original, it is not good, and where it is good, it is not original.?"
  • Reply 116 of 143
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member
    Well said Steve, it is this straight shooting that is a big part of what makes Apple great.
  • Reply 117 of 143
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Yeah. I got mine last week.

I haven't seen a pony, just a lot of horsesh*t.

You'd think you couldn't have one without the other.
  • Reply 118 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

I haven't seen a pony, just a lot of horsesh*t.

Well then, maybe you observed a phony.
  • Reply 119 of 143
    gariongarion Posts: 62member
    Quote:

There's only so much that consumers and developers are willing to take before they will abandon you.

There's only so much Steve Jobs is willing to take from a consumer before he'll ask you if you're nuts.
  • Reply 120 of 143
    noirdesirnoirdesir Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

the "are you nuts" was a tad harsh but it's hard when someone is yelling liar liar in your face without knowing the details to keep cool.

I agree, it is just a bit unfortunate that on Wednesday evening after Easter they had sold 450 000 units and international availability was announced to be still on target, and the following Wednesday they announced in the morning that they had sold 50000 more units in the previous week that that (+the 3G pre-orders) tipped things over.

There is no question that is absolutely possible that things just crossed a red line (or unforeseen problems came up), the annoying thing for the public is that Apple by its nature is not very open. It will never say, maybe we will push the date back. It will always say, everything is on target up until the minute they take the decision to postpone things Apple doesn't do 'maybe'.