Verizon corrects Droid X ad error touting 720p screen

135

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 100
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post


    ugh it was a simple mistake that was corrected. get over it. People were saying it was a mistake from the first moment it came out.



    Really, a phone with a resolution of 1280x720 got a lot of people excited, but is it SO far off that whatever person was putting the page together meant 720p output?



    It's such a gaping mistake though. It's as if the person that made the image and the person that checked the image didn't know what the words meant or weren't paying attention. How many people does an image have to pass through for a major corporation's marketing? And each person that it went through didn't even look at it, or if they looked at it, didn't understand what the words meant or just weren't paying attention to the large text? It seems so silly to use large text to communicate something that's significant, but everyone's eyes just glazed over it like it didn't mean anything but a bunch of exciting numbers and words.
  • Reply 42 of 100
    Aren't less p's better anyway?



  • Reply 43 of 100
    jhende7jhende7 Posts: 62member
    Man, I have read AI for like a bizzillion years now, but after reading this article I had to join and post this.



    This article is the most amazing piece of journalism I have ever seen. It is so awesomely pro Apple that it made me lol the whole time I was reading it. Normally I wouldn't read such partisan stuff, but it was just so over the top it just came off as legendary.



    Thank you AI for bringing out my inner fan boy and sticking it to the competition. Sometimes it's just not as fun to play nice!
  • Reply 44 of 100
    I felt compelled to respond since I do have STOCK in apple. Don't you people know that apple does not make a phone. all of the iphones up to the iphone4 is made by or i should say put together by FoxxConn the same company that build HP, Dell, Sony and other company products. Also, if you want to get more precise



    SAMSUNG made the previous Iphones.

    Previous IPhones: PROCESSOR made by SAMSUNG

    Previous IPhones: MEMORY made by SAMSUNG

    Previous IPhones: SCREEN made by SAMSUNG

    I can go on. In reality those are SAMSUNG phones with APPLEs name and OS attached.



    This article is rubbish. A retina screen "REALLY!". The video chat on the iphone can only be used with another Iphone4, also, the multitasking is old and lame compared to the PRE and Android. Also, there are multiple Iphone OSes also and some applications will not run on all versions of the IPHONE going back to the first iphone. The iphone itself does nothing only the apps.



    SO, TELL ME WHAT DOES THE PHONE DO APART FROM THE APPS YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD? WHERE IS THE INTEGRATION?
  • Reply 45 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kiwee View Post


    If anyone didn't know what epic fail meant.

    this is it.



    all of this is true about the EVO. I got mine in hopes that it lived up to the hype and it hasn't. Some parts are really really cool but the usability of a device that only stays powered for 1-2 hours when in use is extremely low and below my acceptable threshold. I'm switching back to the iphone despite what will be an influx of new AT&T traffic that will continue to supersaturate the network and bloat out any chance of having a phone call. it's a good thing i never use my phone as a phone.
  • Reply 46 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reformed2 View Post


    I felt compelled to respond since I do have STOCK in apple. Don't you people know that apple does not make a phone. all of the iphones up to the iphone4 is made by or i should say put together by FoxxConn the same company that build HP, Dell, Sony and other company products. Also, if you want to get more precise



    SAMSUNG made the previous Iphones.

    Previous IPhones: PROCESSOR made by SAMSUNG

    Previous IPhones: MEMORY made by SAMSUNG

    Previous IPhones: SCREEN made by SAMSUNG

    I can go on. In reality those are SAMSUNG phones with APPLEs name and OS attached.



    This article is rubbish. A retina screen "REALLY!". The video chat on the iphone can only be used with another Iphone4, also, the multitasking is old and lame compared to the PRE and Android. Also, there are multiple Iphone OSes also and some applications will not run on all versions of the IPHONE going back to the first iphone. The iphone itself does nothing only the apps.



    SO, TELL ME WHAT DOES THE PHONE DO APART FROM THE APPS YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD? WHERE IS THE INTEGRATION?



    the integration of the facebook and the camera into the andriod phones sucks huge. like big time suck. like colossal mega failure sucks. Sometimes it jumps to a web page, sometimes it jumps to an app, it NEVER has up to date data which means you always have to hunt for a refresh button and the notifications are periodic not real time like the apple push services. I don't want to hear anymore hype about the android phones advantages over the iphone until it at minimum compares to the features the iphone actually has.
  • Reply 47 of 100
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeffreytgilbert View Post


    the integration of the facebook and the camera into the andriod phones sucks huge. like big time suck. like colossal mega failure sucks. Sometimes it jumps to a web page, sometimes it jumps to an app, it NEVER has up to date data which means you always have to hunt for a refresh button and the notifications are periodic not real time like the apple push services. I don't want to hear anymore hype about the android phones advantages over the iphone until it at minimum compares to the features the iphone actually has.



    You're responded to someone obviously trolling. Whose basis for an argument is that you can't be the creators or makers of a product if you use other parties for assembly or buy other parties products to include in your own design. By his logic no complex system can every made by anyone.
  • Reply 48 of 100
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reformed2 View Post


    I felt compelled to respond since I do have STOCK in apple. Don't you people know that apple does not make a phone. all of the iphones up to the iphone4 is made by or i should say put together by FoxxConn the same company that build HP, Dell, Sony and other company products. Also, if you want to get more precise



    SAMSUNG made the previous Iphones.

    Previous IPhones: PROCESSOR made by SAMSUNG

    Previous IPhones: MEMORY made by SAMSUNG

    Previous IPhones: SCREEN made by SAMSUNG

    I can go on. In reality those are SAMSUNG phones with APPLEs name and OS attached.



    There's no reason to all-caps like that.



    Have you used a Samsung phone? You certainly wouldn't want a Samsung OS, or a Samsung designed phone, they're ordinary at best, though they're pretty good at making components. I like their TVs, but their UI is clumsy at best. Samsung didn't design the ARM core, they had to buy that. When trying to fix my Canon camera, I found a Sony screen in it. It's an interconnected world here. Apple engineers, designs and develops the overall device phone, and true, Apple doesn't assemble them or make any of the parts, but the engineering, design, distribution and support are important. It also seems like you're pretending to ignore the impact that Apple has had in the phone market. Samsung and Foxxconn are just parts makers and integraters, they didn't design the phone that transformed the industry, that was outside their ability.



    Quote:

    This article is rubbish. A retina screen "REALLY!". The video chat on the iphone can only be used with another Iphone4, also, the multitasking is old and lame compared to the PRE and Android. Also, there are multiple Iphone OSes also and some applications will not run on all versions of the IPHONE going back to the first iphone. The iphone itself does nothing only the apps.



    SO, TELL ME WHAT DOES THE PHONE DO APART FROM THE APPS YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD? WHERE IS THE INTEGRATION?



    What? That's such massive hyperbole, I don't believe your claim that you own stock in Apple. I regularly use less than five non-Apple programs on my iPhone, the rest of the time, it's Apple software that is built in.



    There is a point where you can't support everything going back to the first iteration. Things improve and the old phones die or get replaced, new features get added, and there's only so much effort that is justified.
  • Reply 49 of 100
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


    I think we need a new term. 'Epic fail' isn't big enough.



    Add that to companies who can't even count the number of phones sold and the entire Android thing is getting more and more laughable.



    How about going from "Droid Does" to "Droid Wishes!"



    As in that David Pogue review:



    Droid Wishes it had a better battery life for WiFi Hotspots



    Droid Wishes it had a Retina Display



    Droid Wishes it had Flash and not Flash Lite



    Droid Wishes it's Video Calling does better



    Droid Wishes it's Android OS didn't drum up quotes like "I?ve been subjected to every inconsistency, idiocy and poor quality of thought Android has to offer," he complained. "Every 'unique to Android' feature seems, at best, a technological demo. Best I can explain it, Android is how an iPhone would work if Google designed it."



    "Droid" is fast becoming "Dread" it appears... \
  • Reply 50 of 100
    fixmdudefixmdude Posts: 93member
    "HTC's Evo has raced to market features including ...and video calling, all things that iPhone 4 does not do."



    What's the difference between "Video Calling" and what Steve demonstrated on stage with the front facing camera? Would that be "Video Conferencing"? What's the difference?



    Not that it matters since AT&T screwed up my ability to get the 4G anyway. I got my 3GS on June 24th 2009 so my 1.5 years should be up before the end of Dec. 2010 and I should have been able to order a 4g but their broken down system, when it finally came up, now says that I have to wait until Feb. 2011. Why? No reason. That date doesn't fit 1.5 years nor 2 years from my purchase date. So I guess I'll wait for the 5G and move it to Verizon.
  • Reply 51 of 100
    tiadimundotiadimundo Posts: 153member
    Oh yes! A typo in an ad - wow. What a great story! And you compare all this to what? iPhone 4 marketing. That's called journalism I guess...
  • Reply 52 of 100
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,389member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post


    How about going from "Droid Does" to "Droid Wishes!"



    As in that David Pogue review:



    Droid Wishes it had a better battery life for WiFi Hotspots



    Droid Wishes it had a Retina Display



    Droid Wishes it had Flash and not Flash Lite



    Droid Wishes it's Video Calling does better



    More like Droid. Duhs!
  • Reply 53 of 100
    tiadimundotiadimundo Posts: 153member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fixmdude View Post


    What's the difference between "Video Calling" and what Steve demonstrated on stage with the from facing camera? Would that be "Video Conferencing"? What's the difference?



    WiFi.
  • Reply 54 of 100
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,692member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    ... By his logic no complex system can every made by anyone.



    Maybe he works for the FBI.
  • Reply 55 of 100
    My points were all of the company's have parts built and used by their competition. Apple, HP, DELL, GATEWAY uses batteries built by SONY. They all use products built by ATI, NVIDIA, INTEL and AMD. Also, companies reign for awhile until someone else comes along and bring them down with a better product right now APPLE is reigning. There will be someone to bring them down also. Here are some examples: DELL brought down by HP, IBM brought down by Microsoft, APPLE brought down by Microsoft (Software and PC side), AT&T brought down by the GOVERNMENT, KMART brought down by by WALMART, PALM and RIM brought down by and being brought down by APPLE. If you like IPHONE; good, if you like ANDROID; good. The same for WEBOS and WINMOBILE/WINPhone 7. The only ones who really benefit are the aforementioned companies. So, none of these phones would be possible if it was not for the real phone innovator AT&T (Alexander Graham Bell and that is also debatable. History states that he made it to the patent office first.). I benefit from APPLE and MICROSOFT because I have money invested in both. Lets be honest PALM was the better innovator before Google and Apple they just became stagnant and lost out to Microsoft and they lost to RIM and now they are losing to Nokia and possibly Apple and Google. Another example the WII would would have thought that was going to have any chance against the XBOX and PLAYSTATION.



    Also, by the way I have and EVO and the battery life does not suck I have been getting 12 to 17 hours of usage with normal use surfing 3G and 4G, texting, playing music and watching videos. The person that said his EVO gets 1 to 2 hours is a liar and and I would bet he doe not have and EVO. People both platform have good and bad things about them, buy what you like.
  • Reply 56 of 100
    addicted44addicted44 Posts: 826member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post


    It's such a gaping mistake though. It's as if the person that made the image and the person that checked the image didn't know what the words meant or weren't paying attention. How many people does an image have to pass through for a major corporation's marketing? And each person that it went through didn't even look at it, or if they looked at it, didn't understand what the words meant or just weren't paying attention to the large text? It seems so silly to use large text to communicate something that's significant, but everyone's eyes just glazed over it like it didn't mean anything but a bunch of exciting numbers and words.



    Also, the DroidBots all over the interwebs were using the Droid X's awesome 720p to piss over the Apple fanbois who got scammed into buying the iPhone's Retina screen, which according to this "mistake" was not going to be the best screen within a month.



    I am curious about one thing though. When I made the move to the iPhone from a dumbphone I found it slightly too big, especially when holding it up to my ear (am an average sized male). How do these 4.3" devices feel?
  • Reply 57 of 100
    extremeskaterextremeskater Posts: 2,248member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    LOL I knew something was amiss. I thought they may have scurried since the iPhone demo to get a 1280x720p display to better compete, but it looks like it was a poorly contrived marketing ploy to grab some unwarranted attention. I dint think for a second it was an accident.



    I knew you would enjoy this. If I keep my Evo I think I am giong to get this battery. This isn't even a joke I couldn't make this up if I tried.



    http://www.goodandevo.net/2010/06/ht...34840c6aa3970c
  • Reply 58 of 100
    extremeskaterextremeskater Posts: 2,248member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addicted44 View Post


    Also, the DroidBots all over the interwebs were using the Droid X's awesome 720p to piss over the Apple fanbois who got scammed into buying the iPhone's Retina screen, which according to this "mistake" was not going to be the best screen within a month.



    I am curious about one thing though. When I made the move to the iPhone from a dumbphone I found it slightly too big, especially when holding it up to my ear (am an average sized male). How do these 4.3" devices feel?



    I am testing out an Evo this month. Actually the 4.3 inch screen isn't bad at all. Its nice for browsing. As for calls can't really say I notice a difference. To call any of the Android phones an epic failure like I have seen in this thread is a bit of a joke. Many of the Android based phones are doing very well and the Evo is a good phone but without a doubt the battery isn't great which may end up being the deal killer for me.
  • Reply 59 of 100
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


    I knew you would enjoy this. If I keep my Evo I think I am giong to get this battery. This isn't even a joke I couldn't make this up if I tried.



    http://www.goodandevo.net/2010/06/ht...34840c6aa3970c



    Or, if you plan to run Flash, you could get this battery:



    http://scoopertino.com/apple-blinks-...sh-capability/
  • Reply 60 of 100
    spicedspiced Posts: 96member
    Pity those who saw the ads and jump to buy the phone and at the end found its not what it is! That hurts!
Sign In or Register to comment.