Apple promises an unforgettable iTunes announcement coming Tuesday

Comments

• Reply 21 of 261
    tjwtjw Posts: 216member
    I hope this is a streaming model similar to spotify!
  • Reply 22 of 261
    "Never forget" - we'll be able to upload our brains to iTunes so we don't forget stuff.
  • Reply 23 of 261
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shakedown View Post

Maybe Apple will finally start using true lossless on ITunes (like Flac) instead of this MP3 nonsense that has ruined the hearing of a generation - not to mention being inconsistent with their high standards. I have never understood why they have not killed the MP3 when download speeds/storage are a non issue. The difference is day and night when you listen to an MP3/Apple Lossless vs. Flac/Wave.

I know this is a pipe dream but I thought it would be a good time to mention it.

1. iTunes serves it's music in AAC format, not MP3, which is much better quality for a given file size.

2. Apple Lossless is "lossless" so there's no compromise in sound quality. Same as Flac/Wave, but based on more modern technologies.

3. The difference in file sizes is NOT a non issue. Especially not on mobile devises.

You're just throwing up acronyms without knowing what they really mean, yet you claim to hear a difference. It's all in your head. Rather sad.
  • Reply 24 of 261
    I have a feeling we'll see ping integration with Facebook.

Also they're sending me a mac book air and just want to let the world know.

flick.
  • Reply 25 of 261
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shakedown View Post

Maybe Apple will finally start using true lossless on ITunes (like Flac) instead of this MP3 nonsense that has ruined the hearing of a generation - not to mention being inconsistent with their high standards. I have never understood why they have not killed the MP3 when download speeds/storage are a non issue. The difference is day and night when you listen to an MP3/Apple Lossless vs. Flac/Wave.

I know this is a pipe dream but I thought it would be a good time to mention it.

You just implied ALAC isn?t a true losssless codec.

You compared ALAC as bein as inferior in quality as the lossy MP3 codec.

You ignored any and all possible reasons legal reasons why Apple can?t simply use a lossless codec.

You ignored the quality of the original content to focus on certain lossless codecs, while pooh-poohng other lossless and lossy codecs (i.e.: Take 64kbps MP3, convert to FLAC, yet you still have inferior sound, thus the original content it was ripped from is important. Note: CD is not superior audio quality).

You also just made my ignore list. Welcome back Teckdud!
  • Reply 26 of 261
    I don't want to hear one more damn thing about Ping.
  • Reply 27 of 261
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post

Color icons of the sidebar in iTunes -- it would be revolutionary!

That could be defined as changing everything? again.
  • Reply 28 of 261
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    They're going to announce a new app icon for iTunes that actually is good.
  • Reply 29 of 261
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Interesting. It will be more than just cloud based music streaming.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stevetim View Post

Why would you say that as you will use iTunes to buy the apps similar to the current app store?

You will use your iTunes account not iTunes software. Based on what Apple demoed, the Mac App store is a separate software. Beside, they said 90 days and we are sill more than 60 days away. My bet is that the Mac App Store won't show up any time before that time frame.
  • Reply 30 of 261
    Quote:

Why would you say that as you will use iTunes to buy the apps similar to the current app store?

No, you are wrong. The Mac "App Store" is a separate application. You can use the same Apple ID, or MobileMe log-in, if you want to, but it is not part of iTunes.

http://www.apple.com/mac/app-store/
  • Reply 31 of 261
    Quote:

No, you won't. The Mac App Store app is a separate, standalone application. It will not be part of iTunes.
  • Reply 32 of 261
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ryszard View Post

No, you are wrong. The Mac "App Store" is a separate application. You can use the same Apple ID, or MobileMe log-in, if you want to, but it is not part of iTunes.

http://www.apple.com/mac/app-store/

Oh ... I just assumed they would throw it into iTunes like they do all the other stuff.
  • Reply 33 of 261
    nkhmnkhm Posts: 928member
    Quote:

They didn't call a press conference so this probably won't be huge. I bet they will just announce the mac app store is activating.

Which part of "Check back here tomorrow for an exciting announcement from iTunes" has anything to do with the mac app store?
  • Reply 34 of 261
    Quote:

Tomorrow is just another day. That you'll never forget.

Ouch, such egregious grammar!

Can someone puhleeease have a word with Apple's Comms people?!

Either of these would be better:

Tomorrow is just another day...that you'll never forget.

Tomorrow is just another day, a day you'll never forget.

Tomorrow is just another day, and you'll never forget it.
  • Reply 35 of 261
    Quote:

Oh ... I just assumed they would throw it into iTunes like they do all the other stuff.

They don't just, "throw it into iTunes." What's in iTunes is there because it makes sense that it's there: it's for managing your digital media content and iDevices, and it does the same thing on Macs and Windows. Mac apps aren't digital media content, and they don't (necessarily) have anything to do with iDevices, so it really wouldn't make any sense for the Mac App Store to be part of iTunes.
  • Reply 36 of 261
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

I don't want to hear one more damn thing about Ping.

Amen.
  • Reply 37 of 261
    bwikbwik Posts: 565member
    My guess: Apple plans to replace the US Dollar with iTunes. And, reunite South Korea and North Korea.
  • Reply 38 of 261
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pembroke View Post

Ouch, such egregious grammar!

Can someone puhleeease have a word with Apple's Comms people?!

Either of these would be better:

Tomorrow is just another day...that you'll never forget.

Tomorrow is just another day, a day you'll never forget.

Tomorrow is just another day, and you'll never forget it.

I don't think it means what you think it means. This is just like the "Back to the Mac" phrase. Everyone thought that it means Apple will go back and talk about Macs. It will make more sense tomorrow
  • Reply 39 of 261
    Are the iTunes 10 team being returned to Microsoft?
  • Reply 40 of 261
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

That could be defined as changing everything… again.

Absolutely.