LG: WP7 falls short as carriers tire of "too much Android"

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 90
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Looks like DED hit some very raw nerves. Keep up the good work and pay no attention to the transparently dishonest astroturfers.

Oh, and bettie, based on your posting rate, you come here more and more, mostly just to complain about articles that don't cast your employer's products in a favorable light. You aren't fooling anyone.

The shills and astroturfers around here are getting worse than the trolls.

DED has a writing formula/style that gets tiring and bothersome. A little brevity every once in awhile would be welcome. Lately when I see his name I skip the article cause I have a good idea of how the article will start, formulate and end. Not saying I necessarily disagree, but come on....
  • Reply 82 of 90
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FineWine View Post

Wow, this is really, really wrong. Actually it describes how Windows came to dominate the world of computers. And the parallels are uncanny... Apple was first, and dominant and more advanced, and then Windows won out in the long run, because everyone was able to roll their own, often cheap and "plasticky", but hey, it won HUGE. Exactly the same is looking to happen here - at least so far. Apple was first with the iPhone. More advanced. Dominant. But then explosion - Android comes on and grows like gangbusters and is already overtaking the iPhone in market share. Who knows how this will go from here, but man, is it ever wrong to say what you said... the exact opposite is true.

Microsoft won because of IT. Apple is winning because of the consumer. Forced vs choice. At least thats my experience.
  • Reply 83 of 90
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Your gross over generalisation doesn't make you look very good, they actually make some good phones, ones that have very good sales figures as well.

Sorry, I was being bad.
  • Reply 84 of 90
    Quote:

Are you being serious? It is a rectangle shape with a screen, that is where the similarity finishes

Actually if you take a long hard look at industrial design in the computer and phone industry over the last decade you will see that Ive's fingerprints are all over most if not all major design changes that start at Apple and find their way to all other products. It is far more than just the shape involved.
  • Reply 85 of 90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kcmac View Post

Microsoft won because of IT. Apple is winning because of the consumer. Forced vs choice. At least thats my experience.

Totally correct IMO also. Back in the day Apple was pushed out by the IBM and later MS IT folks wanting to control everything and flash their MS certified badges. The cat is out of the bag now and people like it. There is no putting the cat back in the bag. I have no doubt there will always be a large number of people for various reasons that refuse to go the Apple route, I suspect it will be around 15% or less of the potential base in any market Apple dominate. That's good as it keeps Apple wanting to do better, although I feel with SJ that is in his DNS anyway not fear of competition.
  • Reply 86 of 90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kcmac View Post

DED has a writing formula/style that gets tiring and bothersome. A little brevity every once in awhile would be welcome. Lately when I see his name I skip the article cause I have a good idea of how the article will start, formulate and end. Not saying I necessarily disagree, but come on....

I enjoy them in the same way I enjoy any fan based article (it is no different say that those of a certain leaning watching FoxNews or MSN). It is fine you can skip them though.

Perhaps AI need to go the tabbed page route like MacRumors and have the longer more slanted articles on Page Two not the main rumor page.
  • Reply 87 of 90
    dsectdsect Posts: 25member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bettieblue View Post

I could not agree more. He is trashing this site with his super biased garbage. I come to this site less and less, and I know exactly when he writes something just from the title.

Good riddance!
  • Reply 88 of 90
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Actually if you take a long hard look at industrial design in the computer and phone industry over the last decade you will see that Ive's fingerprints are all over most if not all major design changes that start at Apple and find their way to all other products. It is far more than just the shape involved.

Or Ives has copied someone else and improved on what they had done? Like I said, there is only a limited number of ways of building a rectangle shaped phone.
  • Reply 89 of 90
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:

Or Ives has copied someone else and improved on what they had done? Like I said, there is only a limited number of ways of building a rectangle shaped phone.

It is within those limits that he shines. Find something else which looks like an iPhone 4.
  • Reply 90 of 90
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

It is within those limits that he shines. Find something else which looks like an iPhone 4.

Exactly, Daniels claim, like the majority of his articles, was rubbish.