Android fans accuse Apple of copying Samsung first

Comments

• Reply 201 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

Exhibit A: in regards to my post above how Google is manipulating it's admirers.

Jeez buddy... I don't know what to say other than, "get a F'ing clue" SOON!

I really shudder to imagine a world where Google's design "aesthetic" has prevailed over Apple's, like these fandroids seem to want.

I've said this before, but look at Google's web pages. You can feel them sucking the juice out of your eyeballs. Imagine if Google had come out with a tablet before the iPad. It would be like sitting in Hell's waiting room reading a 50-year-old magazine.
  • Reply 202 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mplaisance View Post

This is exactly why I like to see this lawsuit win. I get upset to see the Asian market copy and sell for less or what have you in the American market. Yes much of it is our fault for sending manufacturing overseas. I would love to see the day when American products are both designed and made in America.

Actually if Apple wins this lawsuit, there will be even less incentives for Apple to produce products in the US. Because that means Apple can have the cake and eat it too.
  • Reply 203 of 304
    djsherlydjsherly Posts: 1,031member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

To the guy(s) calling SJ a "whiny bitch":

Let me come over and steal your "significant others" charms, and we'll see who's the whiny one. You seem to forget that the passion, obsession, and "it's-my-baby" protection that SJ shows towards his and Apple's products, is why they "just work", and are as successful as they are.

SJ was literally stabbed in the back once as we all know = shame on him for being so naive;

Really? I knew he had surgery for a liver issue...
  • Reply 204 of 304
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    That's hilarious... they made a picture which shows the opposite of what they claim. How about next you use a picture of Tim Cook to show Apple are anti-gay?
  • Reply 205 of 304
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AndroidDomination View Post

LOL..Apple fanboys and PR shills are strong at it..

First of all.. Samsung F700 was mentioned and announced in second half of 2006. The phone was already designed and developed as it was Samsung's flagship product and has been in R&D for a while before iPhone was revealed..

So to say that just because F700 was shown a month after iPhone proves nothing but that Apple and Steve Jobs rushed iPhone announcement out to make sure it was shown before F700 because it looked very similar in designed.. More polished but similar. F700 was released before iPhone in the non-US and non-European markets and then came to Europe in November again close or before iPhone.

Now, let's address how Apple does these things and gets away with it..

Well it's easy.. Steve Jobs has this perfected from the Xerox days.. he goes and "partners" with companies like Samsung, Motorola and others and asks them to make a phone to connect to iTunes so Apple ecosystem will work with them (aka ROKR).. in this partnership, just like he did with Xerox and Creative Labs prior to the rip of design and technology behind original iPod, he gets access/gets shown to the latest designs and ideas of the products to be released by these companies in a good will that the companies will work together..

He then, goes back to his office and has his army of slaves who he yells at and molests to make him a super high polished version/copy of the same product but with a bit of an Apple gloss.

Naturally, he can afford doing that because he basically stole the whole concept and R&D time and money that some of these companies invested and just stole ideas. This allows him to really considerably cut down on the time it takes to release a product.

This is standard operating procedure for Apple.. Steve Jobs is master at it and he has been doing forever.. and he doesn't really hide it... he admits it himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqU

But then again.. this is not the first thing they stole.. whole new line up of Apple's design is stolen from Dieter Rams. Almost every piece of modern Apple design is a straight rip from Dieter's concepts.

http://gizmodo.com/#!343641/1960s-br...-apples-future

Here's a tip Apple shillboys.. when you are trying to accuse someone of stealing ideas.. make sure that you are not the worst rip off artists in the room.

What are we talking about here.. Steve Jobs is a criminal.. he has been sued for stock fraud for Christ sake... He's not only a thief in design sense but in a traditional sense as well.

Do you really believe all the crap you wrote? Do you think that anyone with a bit of intelligence with believe your BS?
  • Reply 206 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

That's hilarious... they made a picture which shows the opposite of what they claim. How about next you use a picture of Tim Cook to show Apple are anti-gay?

<fandroid-speak> Surely you don't think Samsung could have mocked up an empty plastic box with numbers painted on the front in only a month? LOL! </fandroid-speak>
  • Reply 207 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

A lot of the most vocal fandroids, linux geeks, and freetards are autistic to one degree or another. This has been my observation, both in real life and on the internet. Pointing out superiority in aesthetics, ergonomics, or ease-of-use just infuriates them, so there's no point in doing it. They can't perceive these differences, and hearing people talk about these subtleties they're blind to all their lives has driven them straight off the deep end. Now the internet gives them a perfect platform to spew their hatred of perceptions and sensitivities they can't understand. They think you're just making up shit to make them feel inferior. AndroidDomination just said as much.

I guess you have to sympathize with them to some extent. Suppose you were colorblind, and everything in the world was color-coded like resistors used to be.

Couldn't agree more.

J.
  • Reply 208 of 304
    Only droidtards think cheap knock off Samsung product is not a copy of Apple products

Then the iPhone 4 came out and a half year later, Samsung introducted the Galaxy S II...

Followed up with the Galaxy S II Mini...

In Sammy Defense: Yep, some people like droidtards living with his parents do like knock off products of Apple. We just provide a cheap knock off iPhone so people can have choice and even the freaking charger is the same. and also the box of the new Samsung Nexus S

• Reply 209 of 304
    If you think about what Steve Jobs said in his keynote, Android is free but it is not really free. i bet he meant all these lawsuit that Sammy, HTC, Moto need to face.
  • Reply 210 of 304
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member
    Quote:

I really shudder to imagine a world where Google's design "aesthetic" has prevailed over Apple's, like these fandroids seem to want.

I've said this before, but look at Google's web pages. You can feel them sucking the juice out of your eyeballs. Imagine if Google had come out with a tablet before the iPad. It would be like sitting in Hell's waiting room reading a 50-year-old magazine.

Actually, I'm not against the design aesthetic of the original Google: KISS principle. It was actually a very good choice for many of those around the world that had to wait for broadband and were still on dial-up. I recommended Google highly when it first came out, against Altavista, Yahoo, etc., which were becoming bloated as "portals" rather than concentrating on search.

I also still believe in clean, minimalistic designs in all things. Multi-tasking is something we do by choice and action, and shouldn't be forced upon anybody with 50-odd plus columns, banners, blocks, info-pops, etc.
  • Reply 211 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Explain to me why you think otherwise.

The point is we're speaking of the exception of the 'rule': Apple. It important to defend good ideas and stand behind them, otherwise we end-up with 25 years of Microsoft dominance or nazi-Duitsland.

J.
  • Reply 212 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by djsherly View Post

Really? I knew he had surgery for a liver issue...

OK... I should have written "figuratively" instead of literally.

My apologies.... except for those Droids that can't spell or read... or use their beloved Google to do a search for facts instead of drivel.
  • Reply 213 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Realistic View Post

Do you really believe all the crap you wrote? Do you think that anyone with a bit of intelligence *with believe* your BS?

Should say, "will being" so the Droid will understand
  • Reply 214 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PersonalTaste View Post

Only droidtards think cheap knock off Samsung product is not a copy of Apple products

<snip>

Followed up with the Galaxy S II Mini...

<snip>

This is a pretty damning collection. In particular, I never saw this one before. So is the stainless steel strip purely decorative? Or is it an external antenna? Of course, it wouldn't lose any signal if you stuffed it into your Thanksgiving turkey, right?

I actually don't know which answer would make Samsung look worse....
  • Reply 215 of 304
    Like I've always said: Samsung has a bad case of iPhone & iPad envy. Admit it.
  • Reply 216 of 304
    fuwafuwafuwafuwa Posts: 163member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PersonalTaste View Post

Droidtards might understand after a long explanation, but Droidouches like AndroidDomination are just stubborn autistic teens.
  • Reply 217 of 304
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:

Referring to the bolded part: What daughter would that be? The one he named the Apple "Lisa" after? The one whose birthdate my Mac's clock reverts to whenever there's a particularly abrupt power outage? That daughter? If the rest of your knowledge is at the same level as that little tidbit, I think we know how to evaluate it.

Maybe you might want to check your knowledge before abusing others...

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/02/news...une/index2.htm
  • Reply 218 of 304
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:

-Apple brought you the first PC with a GUI (forget the PARC shit, Apple gave them shares in return and XEROX was to stupid to see what hey had), which Desktop publishing was born from!!

Why should we forgot Xerox product? Is that because they released a GUI computer before Apple?

Quote:

-Apple brought you the first successful, user friendly, and ready to use MP3 player (and I can honestly say, the iPod is and has always been the best MP3 player EVER!)

That would only connect to 2% of the computers at the time...

Quote:

-Apple brought you the first legal digital music/media distribution platform, iTunes.

Digital music was available DRM free for years before Apple started the ITMS, or are you confusing Digital Music with digital downloads?

Quote:

-Apple brought you the first "real" phone/internet in you hands and by far the FUCKING BEST mobile operating system EVER with the iPhone.

What about all those phones with internet abilities before the iPhone, are we meant to forget they existed?

Quote:

-And last but not least the first usable and functional Tablet PC with the iPad!

Hmm, again, tablet computers were available for years before the iPAD, and they usable as well.
  • Reply 219 of 304
    rabbit_coachrabbit_coach Posts: 1,114member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AndroidDomination View Post

Android users are poor, idiots, pathetic and Apple users are higher class.

I dislike that immensely.

Yep!

And sorry for you.
  • Reply 220 of 304
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:

A lot of the most vocal fandroids, linux geeks, and freetards are autistic to one degree or another. This has been my observation, both in real life and on the internet

Yeah. Apple use in increasingly become common ( it was always normal - in the sense that normal people use Apple) then the Android hate Apple types become even more fanatical. I think it is psychological, not just are they generally angry shut-ins, but they tend to look at Apple users as the cool types who disliked them in school - something like that.

Its surprising, in many ways, that Android has gotten over the hurdles of it's initial supporters.