is iMac due to update?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

... I can't imagine the new iMacs being much farther off than a couple of weeks. Let's hope they live up to our wishes.

They seldom do.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MiMac View Post

They seldom do.

If you wish for SB and TB then I suspect there is a high probability that will happen. If you wish for a blade SSD port or two with legacy HDD support that might be a stretch. If you expect Retina like support that is more than a stretch.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    If they announced the new iMac lineup in the coming weeks Sandy Bridge and Thunderbolt are expected to be in. I will be surprised if they are not.

For me, I want to see if Apple will offer the 24" iMac again with - 27" is just too big for my desktop. Too much of a stretch I suppose?
  • Reply 44 of 45
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 861member
    Hoping for a refresh (worth buying) myself. Hopefully Apple releases it before LION. Although logic would suggest that it will be released with Lion possibily at the WWDC.

Only thing working in our favor with a release in the next few days is that Apple never goes with Logic.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

Hopefully Apple releases it before LION.

This is the only thing that would ever happen.

Quote:

Although logic would suggest that it will be released with Lion possibily at the WWDC.

No, it wouldn't. Logic would laugh at that and say, "Are you fricking joking?"

Apple DOES NOT release new hardware alongside new software. You buy the Mac with Snow Leopard and then you pay for Lion again separately.