ITC reviewing Apple patent victory over HTC

Comments

• Reply 61 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Why do people perpetuate the argument that Schmidt was on the Apple board to be a *mole*? Don't you realize that makes Apple and Jobs sound really really stupid? This is particularly true since Google acquired Android in 2005, before Schmidt joined the Apple board in late 2006?

Why do you hate Apple so much? Why do you insist on characterizing Steve Jobs as an idiot?

You guys are funny.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

yea that's another thing I never understood...

the overly (though you can't really say wrongly perhaps excessive but that's a perspective thing) litigious Apple is going to allow this man to steal their ideas...and do nothing about it?

Quote:

Notice how there is no answer to this?

Obviously, the answer is that Apple isn't overly litigious.

Quote:

unethical implies malicious intent...none was shown. Was Andy Rubin working on his master plan to undermine Apple for 13 years before Google bought Android? ...

It doesn't surprise me that you don't understand ethics. Unethical does not imply malicious intent. In fact, much unethical behavior stems from indifference, from simply not caring if one's actions are ethical or not.
  • Reply 62 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drobforever View Post

The patents involved in most of these lawsuits are nothing special, and wouldn't need 'billions on R&D" to discover. Most of them are just simple stuffs being built in any mobile device/software. Now nobody can deny that Apple is the best in the industry to combine all these simple stuffs in a way that's attractive to customers, let's not pretend that people would need to spend billions to make a frame look certain way or to make batteries switch on/off at certain time or to make an antenna receives signals.

While iOS is the best mobile software to date, the frame of iPad is nothing new, it looks just like a normal TV/Monitor, just smaller. I guess I couldn't understand how people here can keep making a big deal out of the 'look and feel' thing.

It looks like an etch-a-sketch without the buttons.
  • Reply 63 of 102
    Quote:

It looks like an etch-a-sketch without the buttons.

Your Fox News-style talking points are getting stale.
  • Reply 64 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I notice HTC changed the slide to unlock thing to a rather stupid "pull the ring" thing.

It's frikking annoying, just like any Android device I've tried, using them seems to be a string of annoyances, from things opening when they shouldn't to other things not doing what they should.

Well, most people end up choosing an Android smartphone.

If you truly Think Different, then buying a second-choice device seems to be your best alternative.
  • Reply 65 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

...grow up.

What are you, about 23 and still living in mommy and daddy's basement? I bet you stay up all night playing WOW, too.

You're just plain ignorant.

This sort of ad hom vitriol should earn a two-week banishment, IMO.
  • Reply 66 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

This sort of ad hom vitriol should earn a two-week banishment, IMO.

Butt out, dude. Where do you get off saying that when you and he just joined the forum. I've seen hundreds of guys like him come and go in a heartbeat.

If you'd read the thread, all he talks about is Apple fanboys being blind, when he's being just as blind, even more ignorant and didn't read the article thoroughly. Is he putting up a good debate or is he all over the place? The article talks about Apple accusing Andy Rubin of possibly using the patent within Android because he worked for Apple under the engineers that developed the patent, and he's saying that Andy Rubin had a huge master plan at that time to use the patent in a future, yet to be conceived device. I mean, come on. He's making shit up and putting words in my mouth.

He doesn't even get that when I'm talking about 'look and feel', I'm talking about the overall form factor and the UI combined. He's an uneducated punk that's trying to piss off Apple fans on an Apple fan site, just short of trolling.
  • Reply 67 of 102
    Quote:

Well, more people end up getting pushed into an Android smartphone by salespeople trained to push the devices that make the carrier the most money.

If you truly want to be a contrarian, then buying a second-rate device seems to be your best alternative.

There, I fixed it for you.
  • Reply 68 of 102
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Well, most people end up choosing an Android smartphone.

If you truly Think Different, then buying a second-choice device seems to be your best alternative.

Most people end up an choosing an iPhone, the rest end up choosing from a range of cheaper phones based mainly on price AND being told these are almost as good as an iPhone.

A very small number of people switch from iPhone's due to peer pressure, mainly rubbish about "closed" and "open", they usually come back p*ssed when they find out they gave away the ease of iTunes and are stuck with a second rate device.
  • Reply 69 of 102
    Quote:

Butt out, dude. Where do you get off ...

He's an uneducated punk

Another two week banishment for this one too, IMO.
  • Reply 70 of 102
    Quote:

Most people end up an choosing an iPhone,

In fact, almost 95% of phone buyers decide to buy something OTHER than an iPhone.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20...tpaces-rivals/
  • Reply 71 of 102
    Quote:

In fact, almost 95% of phone buyers decide to buy something OTHER than an iPhone.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20...tpaces-rivals/

Which is less than what it was in 2006.

Your point?
  • Reply 72 of 102
    Quote:

Which is less than what it was in 2006.

Your point?

My point is that your statement was factually incorrect.

You said "Most people end up an choosing an iPhone,". In fact, most everybody chooses, for whatever reason, NOT to get an iPhone.

Any more questions?
  • Reply 73 of 102
    Quote:

Butt out, dude. Where do you get off saying that when you and he just joined the forum. I've seen hundreds of guys like him come and go in a heartbeat.

If you'd read the thread, all he talks about is Apple fanboys being blind, when he's being just as blind, even more ignorant and didn't read the article thoroughly. Is he putting up a good debate or is he all over the place? The article talks about Apple accusing Andy Rubin of possibly using the patent within Android because he worked for Apple under the engineers that developed the patent, and he's saying that Andy Rubin had a huge master plan at that time to use the patent in a future, yet to be conceived device. I mean, come on. He's making shit up and putting words in my mouth.

He doesn't even get that when I'm talking about 'look and feel', I'm talking about the overall form factor and the UI combined. He's an uneducated punk that's trying to piss off Apple fans on an Apple fan site, just short of trolling.

yes asking legitimate questions and pointing out lapses in logic in arguments amongst the Apple cultist (not the fans, the worshippers) is trolling. For someone harping on definitions you sure as hell seem to have never learned what the accepted definition of Troll is. Not surprising.

I guess having dick in your name I should've expected you to he a dickhead.

PS. how can you get upset at my interpretation of your argument (or putting words in your mouth as you say) then completely label me as someone I'm not based solely on me mentioning (as an addendum to my post) that I play a cross platform multiplayer shooter that works for iOS and Android and would like to play against someone?

not only are you an overly emotional dickhead but you're also a hypocritical bitch. sad really. what are you a fifty year old child molester? (I don't believe so but since we are making shit up)
  • Reply 74 of 102
    Quote:

yes asking legitimate questions and pointing out lapses in logic in arguments amongst the Apple cultist (not the fans, the worshippers) is trolling. For someone harping on definitions you sure as hell seem to have never learned what the accepted definition of Troll is. Not surprising. ...

We can't really take you seriously because you come across as just another angry fandroid with an inferiority complex. It's understandable, but you'll feel better if you get professional help.
  • Reply 75 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

We can't really take you seriously because you come across as just another angry fandroid with an inferiority complex. It's understandable, but you'll feel better if you get professional help.

how so? because I don't fellate anything Apple does?

Inferiority complex? I CHOSE Android. If I felt so inferior why wouldn't I choose iOS? It's within my budget. Considering I buy Android devices off contract at full retail. Contrary to the iPhanboy myth they can be quite expensive.

I'm a tinkerer as such Android appealed to me. After considering the iPhone for two years along with plenty of hands on time I just wasn't drawn I'm by the app launcher style of iOS.

I recognize that Apple has and will probably continue to change the game for the better I just do not see how redefining a market makes iPhanboys want them to be the only players. I was literally happy as hell when Apple made it's moves. I watch every keynote.

These companies build off each other advancing the scene I'm unprecedented ways.

I don't wish anyone to have a stranglehold (find where I ever said Android will kill iOS or expressed a desire for such)

I support the claims against some Samsung devices (T-Mobile Vibrant perhaps even the GS)

what I don't support are devices being banned based on drawings of non existent products or lawsuits on auto hyperlinking.

If the tab was banned based on the iPad I'd have little to nothing to say.

So yes. I don't think like you. I don't worship a company (any company). I have no stake in this other than personal enjoyment.

Rubin, Jobs, Cook, Schmidt are all strangers who don't give a flying fuck about me. As such I don't care about them. You and yours can't say the same.
  • Reply 76 of 102
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 77 of 102
    Quote:

yes asking legitimate questions and pointing out lapses in logic in arguments amongst the Apple cultist (not the fans, the worshippers) is trolling.

Be careful. Non-fans are not allowed to be nasty. Unless you are an avowed Apple fan, you can get banned for acting nasty.

If you are not a avowed fan, you need to ignore the junk and focus on substance.
  • Reply 78 of 102
    Quote:

My point is that your statement was factually incorrect.

You said "Most people end up an choosing an iPhone,". In fact, most everybody chooses, for whatever reason, NOT to get an iPhone.

Any more questions?

Most people I sell and demonstrate phones to.

I was being factually correct.

More people buy iPhones than any other model of phone.
  • Reply 79 of 102
    Quote:

Inferiority complex? I CHOSE Android. If I felt so inferior why wouldn't I choose iOS?

Go tell some one who cares.

It's hammer time, ignore hammer time.
  • Reply 80 of 102
    Quote:

Go tell some one who cares.

It's hammer time, ignore hammer time.

lol you're such a loser. carry on then.