Verizon iPhone 4S gets delivered early in US

Comments

• Reply 41 of 66
    I just got an email from my good friends at AT&T.

They love me so much they wanted me to know about my "Customer Service Summary (Wireless)".

They're so nice.

BUT WAIT!!!!

In my "Customer Service Summary (Wireless)", there's an $18 upgrade fee!?#@*&+

WTF???

I guess I'll give my wonderful, good friends at AT&T (that I've been with since 1991) a call and tell them how much I love them........
  • Reply 42 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by foxhunter101 View Post

I just got an email from my good friends at AT&T.

They love me so much they wanted me to know about my "Customer Service Summary (Wireless)".

They're so nice.

BUT WAIT!!!!

In my "Customer Service Summary (Wireless)", there's an $18 upgrade fee!?#@*&+

WTF???

I guess I'll give my wonderful, good friends at AT&T (that I've been with since 1991) a call and tell them how much I love them........

I got that email too, but firefox alerted me that every link in the email went to an unsecure site. I ignored it, went myself to ATT.com and checked to make sure it was all ok. I was expecting the $18 upgrade fee. I just spent $600 on phones. $36 isn't worth my complaining
  • Reply 43 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by airnerd View Post

I got that email too, but firefox alerted me that every link in the email went to an unsecure site. I ignored it, went myself to ATT.com and checked to make sure it was all ok. I was expecting the $18 upgrade fee. I just spent $600 on phones. $36 isn't worth my complaining

I'm gonna bitch...................been with these guys 20 years (Cellular One, AT&T Wireless, Cingular, at&t, and whatever other names they used).
  • Reply 44 of 66
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigdaddyp View Post

Ups is showing it has left Hong Kong. I am bummed I can't track that sucker in the air!

over at MR people have found the UPS flight numbers along with real time flight and schedule info and are doing exactly this
  • Reply 45 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by foxhunter101 View Post

I'm gonna bitch...................been with these guys 20 years (Cellular One, AT&T Wireless, Cingular, at&t, and whatever other names they used).

I was with them since Cingular, had the same number for at least 15 years now. Let me know if you get it taken off. I know I used to complain and get that activation fee waived when I was upgrading those crappy flip phones every 6 months, but don't have the energy to fight with them anymore.
  • Reply 46 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

over at MR people have found the UPS flight numbers along with real time flight and schedule info and are doing exactly this

You can use flightaware.com to track the flight. Doesn't change anything, but kinda fun to play with.
  • Reply 47 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

That is really, really sad.
  • Reply 48 of 66
    Hi,

I ordered mine just a few minutes after 3am on the Verizon wireless site (from New York City). My Amex card showed the charge yesterday. A few minutes later I received a shipment notice. This morning I received the UPS tracking #, but it won't show the progress. It does say it shipped on 10/11, so I'm hoping for a Thursday or Friday delivery.
  • Reply 49 of 66
    I logged into my AT&T wireless account and went to "Orders" and found that its status was "Shipped on 10/11" and it included the UPS tracking number. But, the tracking link wasn't and using that tracking number on the UPS site also doesn't work.. I suspect that means the waybill has been put together, but that UPS hasn't actually tracked it into their system. As well, I imagine that when it does tracked, I'll get the email promised by AT&T that the phone has shipped.

This reminds me of being a little kid at Christmas. I'm a bit embarrassed..
  • Reply 50 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ezeflierid View Post

I logged into my AT&T wireless account and went to "Orders" and found that its status was "Shipped on 10/11" and it included the UPS tracking number. But, the tracking link wasn't and using that tracking number on the UPS site also doesn't work.. I suspect that means the waybill has been put together, but that UPS hasn't actually tracked it into their system. As well, I imagine that when it does tracked, I'll get the email promised by AT&T that the phone has shipped.

That's how I felt ordering a phone at 3 in the morning!!
  • Reply 51 of 66
    airnerdairnerd Posts: 693member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ezeflierid View Post

I thought AT&T only shipped FedEX "unless you are an employee of UPS or another shipping company". Have you tried the tracking number on the FedEx site? I know it sounds screwy, but we are dealing with AT&T here.
  • Reply 52 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by airnerd View Post

I thought AT&T only shipped FedEX "unless you are an employee of UPS or another shipping company". Have you tried the tracking number on the FedEx site? I know it sounds screwy, but we are dealing with AT&T here.

Yeah.. I know, I saw that. But, I've verified the format of the number - it's UPS. Dunno why.

Cheers
  • Reply 53 of 66
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    AT&T sells 200k iPhone 4S's in 12 hours, and a Verizon customer gets it before all of them?

• Reply 54 of 66
    Received an email today saying my iPhone ordered from AT&T at 8:30am on Friday shipped on 10/8 via FedEx. Of course the tracking numbers don't work, but I can hope it shows up tomorrow! Probably not\
  • Reply 55 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GordLacey View Post

Yeah, mine shows as processing as well, and I'm in Edmonton. I don't think Canadians are getting theirs on Friday. That sucks because I was really looking forward to using the unlocked phone in the US - I leave on Saturday morning

My status changed. It's now "Preparing for shipment"! Woohoo!
  • Reply 56 of 66
    Hell yeah! Mine says the same thing now as well.

Hmm....think there's time for it to make it to Canada on Friday? I'd really like to NOT give Bell any of my money when I head to the US on Saturday.
  • Reply 57 of 66
    Quote:

Hmm....think there's time for it to make it to Canada on Friday? I'd really like to NOT give Bell any of my money when I head to the US on Saturday.

Unless it ships from Canada tomorrow with one-day delivery option from FedEx/UPS, it's impossible to get it on 14 October.
  • Reply 58 of 66
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by einsteinbqat View Post

Unless it ships from Canada tomorrow with one-day delivery option from FedEx/UPS, it's impossible to get it on 14 October.

My iPhone 4S showed up on UPS tracking. It'll shipping from Shenzhen, China, soon enough.
  • Reply 59 of 66
    Looks like mine was picked up at 1pm their time.

Mine had a weird note on UPS:

The service selected is not available to the destination address. / Downgraded, forwarded to consignee, selected service is not available.
  • Reply 60 of 66
    Quote:

Looks like mine was picked up at 1pm their time.

Mine had a weird note on UPS:

The service selected is not available to the destination address. / Downgraded, forwarded to consignee, selected service is not available.

Mine is arriving on Monday