Steve Jobs loses to 'The Protester' as Time's 2011 Person of the Year

Comments

• Reply 161 of 186
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JONOROM View Post

How is it that I can have this guy on my "Ignore" list and his disgusting posts still show up? Am I not understanding how this works?

I format my posts using a special script which bypasses any ignore lists. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

And I agree that the disgusting protesters should have never received any award from Time Magazine.
  • Reply 162 of 186
    jetzjetz Posts: 1,293member
    What an unnecessarily inflammatory story.

Steve Jobs did a lot in his lifetime. He is the Da Vinci of the modern era. However, he didn't do much in 2011. The biggest new story regarding Steve Jobs in 2011 was his passing. So without a doubt, the protesters were more deserving. They made more of a difference THIS YEAR than Jobs did.

As for those mindlessly trashing Time Magazine, where were all of you when they put Steve Jobs on the cover after his death?
  • Reply 163 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jetz View Post

As for those mindlessly trashing Time Magazine, where were all of you when they put Steve Jobs on the cover after his death?

Protesting.
  • Reply 164 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

And I agree that the disgusting protesters should have never received any award from Time Magazine.

Ya, those protesters are a crazy bunch of misfits. They're trouble makers who don't seem to be fond of rules and they certainly have no respect for the status quo. I wonder what makes them crazy enough to think they can change the world?
  • Reply 165 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Is Apple ][ a troll? He/she sure is making Apple fans look dumb.

Not unless you stereotype people based on what one poster writes. You're not that shallow, right?
  • Reply 166 of 186
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JONOROM View Post

How is it that I can have this guy on my "Ignore" list and his disgusting posts still show up? Am I not understanding how this works?

If you find a way, let me know.

He literally is 20% of the posts on a 160 post thread. I like to read other peoples posts, but it gets bogged down with everyone telling him how stupid he is- and yet he KEEPS POSTING! So that leads to more people disproving everything he says and calling him a moron, which leads to more posts by him... You see where it's going.

He's a troll- and you gotta give it to him- he's winning. Because people respond to his idiocy hook, line, and sinker.
  • Reply 167 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

If you watch fox news your less aware of what's going on than not watching any news.

Here's a story about their latest bs.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201112120005

They're well known for their "inaccurate" graphics.

Anybody who thinks cable news is actually news is really not thinking straight. Cable news is a show, whose aim is to get people to watch. The more people watch, the more money they make, in a direct relationship. Occasionally you get breaking news but then they just sledgehammer it to death in 24x7 coverage... and end up interviewing each other. Fox, CNN, MSNBC, whatever. It's all just trying to suck you into watching.

One of my favorite moments was when CNN was doing the wall-to-wall Anna Nicole Smith death coverage. My wife had it on while I was in the room, they cut to Jack Cafferty's show (he's the crotchety old guy), and he opened with, "Anna Nicole Smith is still dead". Completely deadpan.
  • Reply 168 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

If you find a way, let me know.

He literally is 20% of the posts on a 160 post thread. I like to read other peoples posts, but it gets bogged down with everyone telling him how stupid he is- and yet he KEEPS POSTING! So that leads to more people disproving everything he says and calling him a moron, which leads to more posts by him... You see where it's going.

He's a troll- and you gotta give it to him- he's winning. Because people respond to his idiocy hook, line, and sinker.

100% of your posts in this thread have been about me.

I see that your hard on for me has not yet subsided and here you are with yet another off topic troll post which has nothing to do with the topic at all, yet it has 100% to do with me.

You're not too bright apparently, but I've already told you before that you need to put not only me on ignore, but also everybody who quotes me, and then you won't ever see any of my posts. It's quite a simple concept. Don't blame me that people like to quote me.

I also type incredibly fast and I process information roughly 7 times more efficiently than trolls who do nothing but whine and make off topic posts, but such is life. Not everybody is born with equal talent.
  • Reply 169 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jetz View Post

Who cares about that? That was purely a money making move on their part and they were merely cashing in on his popularity as that was the big story at the time.
  • Reply 170 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MyDogHasFleas View Post

Anybody who thinks cable news is actually news is really not thinking straight. Cable news is a show, whose aim is to get people to watch. The more people watch, the more money they make, in a direct relationship. Occasionally you get breaking news but then they just sledgehammer it to death in 24x7 coverage... and end up interviewing each other. Fox, CNN, MSNBC, whatever. It's all just trying to suck you into watching.

One of my favorite moments was when CNN was doing the wall-to-wall Anna Nicole Smith death coverage. My wife had it on while I was in the room, they cut to Jack Cafferty's show (he's the crotchety old guy), and he opened with, "Anna Nicole Smith is still dead". Completely deadpan.

Ya I'd say cable news in general is rather poisonous in its nature. I can't recommend any of it. Except the Daily Show
  • Reply 171 of 186
    Quote:

100% of your posts in this thread have been about me.

I see that your hard on for me has not yet subsided and here you are with yet another off topic troll post which has nothing to do with the topic at all, yet it has 100% to do with me.

You're not too bright apparently, but I've already told you before that you need to put not only me on ignore, but also everybody who quotes me, and then you won't ever see any of my posts. It's quite a simple concept. Don't blame me that people like to quote me.

I also type incredibly fast and I process information roughly 7 times more efficiently than trolls who do nothing but whine and make off topic posts, but such is life. Not everybody is born with equal talent.

Your nowhere near as smart as you brag.

The majority of your posts are simply bombastic and flippant. Often you seem selfish and rude.

Occasionally you say something interesting and sometimes make a good joke.

But that's about it.
  • Reply 172 of 186
    Quote:

It's not that I am so smart. It is merely that others are less smart.

And it's "you're" of course, since we are discussing smartness, so it would be wrong for me not to correct that.
  • Reply 173 of 186
    Quote:

It's not that I am so smart. It is merely that others are less smart.

If that were so I don't think they would be smart enough to type.
  • Reply 174 of 186
    Quote:

Ya I'd say cable news in general is rather poisonous in its nature. I can't recommend any of it. Except the Daily Show

And that's why so many on the left are completely ignorant. They get their news from a politically biased comedy show.
  • Reply 175 of 186
    Quote:

If that were so I don't think they would be smart enough to type.

Some people are barely smart enough to type. They are certainly not smart enough to engage me in intelligent debate. That terrifies them, so they have to resort to what simple people do, make off topic ad hominem posts.
  • Reply 176 of 186
    Quote:

You really should pause after such a gem, which pretty much disqualifies you from criticizing anyone's intelligence for 2 days.
  • Reply 177 of 186
    Quote:

And that's why so many on the left are completely ignorant. They get their news from a politically biased comedy show.

Those on the left are completely ignorant? Out of fairness, I'm tempted to say that ignorance spans the whole political spectrum. But surveys have shown that higher education generally inclines one to be left-leaning. Let's not forget that many (a majority?) on the right refute evolution.
  • Reply 178 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Out of fairness, I'm tempted to say that ignorance spans the whole political spectrum.

I don't disagree with you that ignorance spans across the entire spectrum.
  • Reply 179 of 186
    ... and so concludes yet another absolutely brilliant discussion on AI.
  • Reply 180 of 186
    tsatsa Posts: 129member
    Amazing. One comment here is even more stupider than the other. Oh no, Steve didn't become Man of the Year! Times is stuuuupid! I'm pretty much fed up with this website and the people that visit it. The Kindle article was a new low but this really is the limit. Goodbye.