Apple's 12 Days of Christmas giveaway kicks off in Europe and Canada

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikealex View Post

In Canada, it's done through "Corporate Sponsors". Link with the list of sponsors is here: http://www.apple.com/ca/itunes/12days/

Unfortunately, none of them seem to have turned on the link yet. The closest is Hot103 and Virgin which both say "Coming Soon".

Not giving up that easily, I searched for the Coldplay album in iTunes, and it's there for free, I'm downloading it now. So it looks like if you know the give-away, you can bypass everything. Here's the link to the album: http://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/itu...11/id478017658

...Mike

Thx for the album link. I am in Montreal and can't find the app. Plz. Post next Free gift links on this thread
  • Reply 22 of 28
    moxommoxom Posts: 326member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CGJ View Post

I can't help but think that Apple really love Coldplay... A lot.

Unfortunately...
  • Reply 23 of 28
    It turns out, that going into iTunes and clicking on the 12 day app there works (don't know why the item is there on mac but not on iPad)....
  • Reply 24 of 28
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Don't be so sure. Lots of American's celebrate the 12 days ('Have a Festive Twelfth Night' is a common greeting in some areas).

Yes, but "The Twelve Days of Your Generic mid-WInter Holidays" doesn't have the same ring.

Really? Since when is separation of church and state relevant to Apple?

It was a joke, you incredibly intelligent person, you.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    bsenkabsenka Posts: 799member
    There's no App for Canada, just a link to the daily freebies in the iTunes store (about halfway down the page).
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

They'd probably get sued for violating "separation of Church and State."

nice try. But just like the First Amendment freedom of speech, separation of church and state doesn't apply to a private company.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Pfff, none of today's items were available from the Belgian store. I just got error messages: this item is not available from the Belgian ITunes Store.

Sorry for believing Belgium was in Europe, Apple.

Is this a bug or is it intentional ? Whose legs are you pulling with this non-promotion?

A somewhat deceitful action.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    And you actually think that Kelly Clarkson is worth all of this?

Today's present is a Kelly Clarkson single,

C'mon guys you can do better then THAT...

What do you expect for free???