83-year-old woman sues Apple after walking into glass retail store door

Comments

• Reply 101 of 160
    gfeiergfeier Posts: 127member
    If so, she will probably lose her case.
  • Reply 102 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post

has filed a legal complaint against Apple after she broke her nose on the doors

Unbelievable.

Apple should just print a menu for payouts for injuries:

Broken nose: $1 million

Stubbed toe: $650,000

Nosebleed: $450,000

Trip on stairs: $350,000

Static electric discharge: $250,000

Mild discomfort of any kind: free iPod Touch

Mild embarrassment: free $50 iTunes Gift Card
  • Reply 103 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmarei View Post

The US legal system is now coming in the way of natural selection

Let's treat everyone like idiots, and if there is no warning, then it's not their fault

if you do that long enough, you end up with a country of idiots, who can't think for themselves. And assume if there is no warning, then it's not dangerous.

bye bye common sense

Everyone should watch the movie "Idiocracy". It was released as a comedy, but it looks more like a documentary now.
  • Reply 104 of 160
    Another example of stupid minimalism by Apple! My local store doesn't even stock important basic items because the staff tell me it would clutter up the store having products for sale! The store doesn't have ANY signs either so to find out when they are going to open you have to bang on the glass until you can attract someone's attention to walk over, open the door, and tell you! I wish someone would tell them that minimalism and excellent design are not one and the same thing.
  • Reply 105 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

This needs some mind bendingly clever Apple solution such as having lights shone in the edge of the glass somehow so as to make effects appear on the inside only that makes the glass obvious without blocking the view or light.

Won't work. Some sap will say all the lights and displays around the door distracted their attention otherwise they wouldn't have walked into the door.
  • Reply 106 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Pain in the ass: euthanasia
  • Reply 107 of 160
    rmm21rmm21 Posts: 29member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waldobushman View Post

Everyone should watch the movie "Idiocracy". It was released as a comedy, but it looks more like a documentary now.

I did see that movie and loved it, but I don't agree that the world is becoming idiotic like the film suggests. What I think is happening is that, because there are more people in the world than before, there are more idiots to showcase their stupidity like our dear old lady filing the lawsuit. However, it's not all gloom and doom since the upside is that many more intelligent people exist, but you have to search for them much harder than you had to before(hint: the internet has more of the former attending the show than the later).
  • Reply 108 of 160
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    Mother, I told you not to go to that place. *Sigh*
  • Reply 109 of 160
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sdbryan View Post

You have fallen victim to MacDonalds PR damage control. Try finding information about the whole issue of MacDonalds and coffee temperature that has not been spun by paid PR people. It is sad that paid liars tend to prevail because so much money is at their disposal.

That's because people don't educate themselves. Like- actually educate themselves. Not just read a forum full of other misinformed people- but read up on actual cases and learn the facts.

The truth here- like most of the law suits filed and posted on this forum- are that no facts have been presented yet. It could be a completely bogus charge, but it might be completely legitimate. But of course, no one wants to wait on actual facts and evidence to pass judgement. They'll just do that right now WITHOUT ANY evidence or facts. And they'll argue until they are blue in the face that their opinion is correct- even though, again, no evidence or facts have been presented. It's unbelievable. For everyone who says our country is stupid for allowing cases like this- I point the mirror back at you and say your are idiotic for forming an opinion before any facts are presented.

The bottom line is that no one loves truly ridiculous (or ones that can be convoluted as ridiculous) lawsuits more than the large corporations. Then they can use those minuscule fractions of fractions of law suits as the drum they beat in public (i.e. Chamber of Commerce) while they have congress pass laws that take your rights away to a fair trial. Then the people vote because "they don't agree with that case", and the millions of legitimate cases suffer in the process. Congratulations America- the corporations win (who I support in most cases), and we, the people, lose. Yay.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by timothyjay2004 View Post

It's just plane stupidity and not paying attention - I chalk this up to the level of the lady that put the McDonald's coffee between the legs and sued them because it was hot and burned her... well, you know. Idiots....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ncee View Post

Is she the same women who burnt her lips on HOT coffee

Quote:
    Originally Posted by razorpit View Post

Could be her sister...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cinemagic View Post

You got that right. This is right up there with the old lady spilling hot coffee on herself and suing McDonalds. USA stands for U Sue All.

Case and Point.
  • Reply 110 of 160
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

That's because people don't educate themselves. Like- actually educate themselves. Not just read a forum full of other misinformed people- but read up on actual cases and learn the facts.

The fact here- like most of the law suits filed and posted on this forum- are that no facts have been presented yet. It could be a completely bogus charge, but it might be completely legitimate. But of course, no one wants to wait on actual facts and evidence to pass judgement. They'll just do that right now WITHOUT ANY evidence or facts. And they'll argue until they are blue in the face that their opinion is correct- even though, again, no evidence or facts have been presented. It's unbelievable. For everyone who says our country is stupid for allowing cases like this- I point the mirror back at you and say your are idiotic for forming an opinion before any facts are presented.

The bottom line is that no one loves truly ridiculous (or ones that can be convoluted as ridiculous) lawsuits more than the large corporations. Then they can use those minuscule fractions of fractions of law suits as the drum they beat in public (i.e. Chamber of Commerce) while they have congress pass laws that take your rights away to a fair trial. Then the people vote because "they don't agree with that case", and the millions of legitimate cases suffer in the process. Congratulations America- the corporations win (who I support in most cases), and we, the people, lose. Yay.

You made a great argument.

Quote:

Enough with the fag-talk. Your $h*ts all retarded.

Then you weakened your argument with these comments.
  • Reply 111 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Then you weakened your argument with these comments.

Thats from the movie Idiocracy... I'll take it out as it could be offensive (but very funny in the movie).
  • Reply 112 of 160
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dave2012 View Post

Another example of stupid minimalism by Apple! My local store doesn't even stock important basic items because the staff tell me it would clutter up the store having products for sale! The store doesn't have ANY signs either so to find out when they are going to open you have to bang on the glass until you can attract someone's attention to walk over, open the door, and tell you! I wish someone would tell them that minimalism and excellent design are not one and the same thing.

Our Apple store is in a mall, so it follows mall hours. There is this wonderful invention known as the internet. You can look up individual stores and their hours there. Considering a majority of the people who post on this site seem to have at least one method of checking the net w/them at any given time, this seems pretty easy to me.

Which important items are they not stocking? At our store the walls in the back half of the store are covered with items for sale and the front half is loaded w/apple systems and handhelds as per usual.
  • Reply 113 of 160
    Quote:

Thats from idiocracy... I guess I should put it in quotations or something.

Yeah, I didn't realize that was a quote. It seemed odd that your salient point would deteriorate so much in your final reply but perhaps you just frustrated with all the idiocracy.

PS: No need to take it out, just put quotes around it.
  • Reply 114 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Yeah, I didn't realize that was a quote. It seemed odd that your salient point would deteriorate so much in your final reply but perhaps you just frustrated with all the idiocracy.

lol... ya. That or I have some undiagnosed syndrome.
  • Reply 115 of 160
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:

Case and Point.

No not case and point. Read the facts of the Hot Coffee case. I even posted a nice link for it earlier. 180-190 degree coffee caused burns over 22% of her body in 2-3 seconds, including 3rd degree to 6% of her body. The boiling point for water is 212. Sit down on something that will trap the water and pour near boiling water in your crotch and see what happens. Spilling it was her fault (which was why McDonald's was viewed as only 70% at fault), but it was significantly over the temperature it should have been served at, which was all their fault.
  • Reply 116 of 160
    There's no need to stick labels on the window, just don't wash off the blood that must have gushed from her mangled nose. Will be a great warning for others, and cheaper.
  • Reply 117 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

No not case and point. Read the facts of the Hot Coffee case. I even posted a nice link for it earlier. 180-190 degree coffee caused burns over 22% of her body in 2-3 seconds, including 3rd degree to 6% of her body. The boiling point for water is 212. Sit down on something that will trap the water and pour near boiling water in your crotch and see what happens. Spilling it was her fault (which was why McDonald's was viewed as only 70% at fault), but it was significantly over the temperature it should have been served at, which was all their fault.

Reread his comment. He's agreeing with you.
  • Reply 118 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

All I can say is, America is one crazy messed up country.

She was sextexting at the time or she'd have seen the door. Women do this all the time.
  • Reply 119 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

You forgot to end your list with:

Do cartwheels down glass staircase: Priceless
  • Reply 120 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

She was sextexting at the time or she'd have seen the door. Women do this all the time.

That makes me wonder if anyone ever sexted using a telegraph.