Samsung reportedly behind mock protest flashmob at Apple Store

14567810»

Comments

• Reply 181 of 190
    tooltalktooltalk Posts: 766member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunspot42 View Post

Nokia kept growing for several years after the iPhone was released as well.  Didn't last.  They're in a race to the bottom with the prime mover in this marketplace.  Samsung also depends upon Google, which so far hasn't done anywhere near as good a job updating Android as Apple has done with iOS.  Cust sat figures don't lie.

Samsung will find it increasingly difficult to compete with Apple on price and on features over the next 2-3 years.  That'll force them to compete by reducing their margins.  Look to RIMM and Nokia to see how that story ends.

And of course, Googlerola is now a direct competitor.  What if Google decides to keep new versions of Android for itself, or if they switch their attentions to a Chrome-based Motorola smartphone that can run Android apps?  Either would be a disaster for Samsung (although it could finally give Apple a run for its money).

• Reply 182 of 190
    iq78iq78 Posts: 256member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

I never thought I'd ever see anything more pathetic than Ryan Leaf's football career...

I am so glad people remember that guy.   As a KC Chiefs fan, I really enjoyed that entire train wreck.

• Reply 183 of 190

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

I can buy the real thing... or a cheap-feeling plastic copy. Why do I need to "wake up" to make that decision? 

This is just a continuation of Samsung making fun of Apple customers and thinking that will somehow convince them to buy crap for the same price. Besides, Samsung offers no innovation, no additional quality, no high design in software or hardware, no wide selection in apps, or an integrated cloud support. 

1. Samsung made the next gen iPad screens, not apple.

2. Google is kinda the biggest cloud on the planet. Google Music (app) allows you to store 20,000 songs on your device without taking a single Gig.

3. Samsung has 4G LTE (not fake 3.5G HSPA+), NFC, Quadcore, Gorilla Glass, DLNA, oh... and doesnt mind you rooting your device.

You my friend might need to wake up to how far behind the times you are. Its not cool anymore when you see old people use iPhones. I had the first, everyone wanted to see and use it. Now, everyone has an iPhone... If you have an iphone, and think it is innovative, then you are following a crowd. Try paying from your iphone via NFC, or getting 54Mbs down... I did that last year... you havent yet? So lame... Your loyal to apple, which is ok. Nerds are more loyal to innovation, regardless of brand. Not bashing your choice of Apple, I had an iphone for the past 5 years... but a true open mind person doesnt stick to a brand, but by the technology leader... which is totally different from "the cool crowd" or what is popular by even old people. Samsung is #1 in TV Screens, and guess what... it is just a matter of time before you realize what your holding... 

Just think a moment about the top 10 apps your use on your iPhone. Did apple make those apps? Or did a developer? If a device does or does not have an app, whos to blame? the manufacturer or the developer? Chances are, the experience you feel isnt coming from Apple, but only the apps you open and use... Apple is good at sales, and you were sold...nothing more... 

• Reply 184 of 190
    cindercinder Posts: 381member

Apple's customer service does not prove itself in absense of flaws, mistakes, shortcomings.

It proves itself when, as always - with all products in the world - human error comes into play.

They correctly estimated the actual seriousness of the flaw/shortcoming/tradeoff with signal attenuation (minor) and responded accordingly:

1. Assuaged customers by extending the return policy and offering free bumpers

2. Informed customers (and the public) that signal attenuation was a common effect of modern smartphone design that was not exclusive to or worse with the iPhone 4

3. They improved it in the next model

Quote:

Originally Posted by GermanBrot View Post

2. Google is kinda the biggest cloud on the planet. Google Music (app) allows you to store 20,000 songs on your device without taking a single Gig.

3. Samsung has 4G LTE (not fake 3.5G HSPA+), NFC, Quadcore, Gorilla Glass, DLNA, oh... and doesnt mind you rooting your device.

You my friend might need to wake up to how far behind the times you are. Its not cool anymore when you see old people use iPhones. I had the first, everyone wanted to see and use it. Now, everyone has an iPhone... If you have an iphone, and think it is innovative, then you are following a crowd. Try paying from your iphone via NFC, or getting 54Mbs down... I did that last year... you havent yet? So lame... Your loyal to apple, which is ok. Nerds are more loyal to innovation, regardless of brand. Not bashing your choice of Apple, I had an iphone for the past 5 years... but a true open mind person doesnt stick to a brand, but by the technology leader... which is totally different from "the cool crowd" or what is popular by even old people. Samsung is #1 in TV Screens, and guess what... it is just a matter of time before you realize what your holding... 

Just think a moment about the top 10 apps your use on your iPhone. Did apple make those apps? Or did a developer? If a device does or does not have an app, whos to blame? the manufacturer or the developer? Chances are, the experience you feel isnt coming from Apple, but only the apps you open and use... Apple is good at sales, and you were sold...nothing more... 

Everyone is being 'sold' a phone. Samsung, Microsoft, HTC, Nokia, Apple are all SELLING you something.

Apple typically sells an 'experience' not technology.

Some people are interested in having specs, abilities, features, etc.

Others don't care whats behind, what's ahead and what's upcoming as long as the current available experience is great.

Being on the bleeding edge can be lonely until everyone else catches up.

I'd argue that for once . . . Cool/popular is actually synonymous with the technology leader.

Not the 'newest' technology, but the best use of it.

• Reply 185 of 190
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    germanbrot wrote: »

I don't think I've ever seen more incorrect bullshit posted in a single post before.
  • Reply 186 of 190
    tunetune Posts: 91member

Well just reported today, RIM confirms that they are behind the Wake Up stunt. Up until now Apple fans were still insisting that Samsung was lying. Funniest thing I have ever seen.

• Reply 187 of 190
    anglerangler Posts: 6member

Yes, it was an embarrassment to all level-headed followers of Apple.

• Reply 188 of 190
    platanasplatanas Posts: 10member

I (Platanas) personally urged Nate Burr to confess its involvement yesterday on twitter, so that he and Blackberry came out with the truth finally. Nate was advised long before to be at this place at the right time. Here is my blogpost to that marketing incident: http://www.platanas.com/nate-burr-confessed-to-be-involved-in-sydney-wake-up-fake-event-after-platanas-it-ultimatum/

• Reply 189 of 190
    platanasplatanas Posts: 10member

Quote:

Hey, don't feed GermanBrot, he is just only a liar and Android-sockpuppet. What did he last year? Very sure not any NFC payment and not any true 4G 54Mbs download in Germany, because its just not possible.

• Reply 190 of 190
    euphoniouseuphonious Posts: 303member

Quote:

What a preposterous thing to say.

So Apple makes the hardware, Apple makes the OS and defines the interaction paradigm, Apple provides the UI guidelines, Apple is responsible for eliminating fragmentation in the App Store, Apple provides a market where developers can actually make money from their apps, hence encouraging developers to write apps in the first place - and yet the entire experience comes from the developer?

More to the point, if iOS offers a better range of apps than other platforms, why is it material "who's to blame?" People overwhelmingly don't make purchases based upon ideological arguments. They buy the product which offers the best package, and in terms of an app market that is Apple at the minute.