Apple apparently kills Windows PC support in Safari 6.0

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoDK View Post

With Mountain Lion it's the first time I ever thought of leaving Chrome for Safari, but I need synchronized bookmarks, so I guess I have to stay with Chrome then. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

You do understand that Safari synchronizes bookmarks across all platforms, don't you?

Exactly.  Sync'd bookmarks- but also open tabs on all devices, reading lists on all devices, etc.  Safari is WAY better than chrome on a Mac.  I mean- the gestures alone make it the best... I feel sorry for people who have to hit backspace or click on the back button.  Also people who are starving.  I feel sorry for them too.

• Reply 82 of 84
    mojodkmojodk Posts: 6member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Synchronized with what?

Synchronize bookmarks between my work Pc (Windows) and home stuff (Mac, iOS etc.) ... and Xmark isn't an option. :(

• Reply 83 of 84
    mojodkmojodk Posts: 6member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

You do understand that Safari synchronizes bookmarks across all platforms, don't you?

Yes, but if Safari isn't developed for Windows anymore, then I can't use it at work (Pc) and therefore can't sync bookmarks with Mac at home ... but Chrome is still developed on both platforms and have synched bookmarks/passwords etc. ... so Chrome is the winner :(

• Reply 84 of 84
    RomiRomi Posts: 1member
    I don't get why Apple would stop supporting Windows. No offense, but is Steve Jobs upset with Bill Gates for some reason? I've noticed that a lot of software developers don't manufacture their products for Windows. Not trying to be unkind. Just curious.
    edited January 2016