Samsung's tablets returned after buyers realized they weren't iPads

Comments

• Reply 21 of 131
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

Bury them!!!!!!!!!!

Let me back up the dump truck... *beep*... *beep*... *beep*...

• Reply 22 of 131

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkerst View Post

I think part of the issue is the generification of the name 'iPad'. People are starting to use it as a proper noun instead of a specific product. This is what Xerox went through years ago; when people wanted to make a copy of something, they'd say 'make a xerox of this', even they'd be using some crappy copier. 

I haven't heard anyone use iPad as a generic term. Such as, "Have you seen this? I'll iPad it to you...".

• Reply 23 of 131
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I haven't heard anyone use iPad as a generic term. Such as, "Have you seen this? I'll iPad it to you...".

iPad as a verb. You can iPad on your Galaxy Tab,... you know, pinch, zoom, swipe etc...

Hey what are you doing right now? iPadding.

• Reply 24 of 131
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by tipoo View Post

Of course AI wouldn't post this part though

Oh, they did. But with the actual story instead of the lies. I can see where you'd get the idea that Apple is in the wrong though, and I'd suggest that to fix this you not keep thinking Gizmodo is a website that would actually present any sort of fact about Apple.

• Reply 25 of 131

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

iPad as a verb. You can iPad on your Galaxy Tab,... you know, pinch, zoom, swipe etc...

Really? You have either heard this or said it yourself?

• Reply 26 of 131
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

/s...

• Reply 27 of 131
    drfreemandrfreeman Posts: 111member

Quote:

I LOLed... The funny thing is, you could go to The Verge and read comments like this all day. The Verge is the new anti-Apple troll breeding grounds.

Indeed... The Verge started well but its comment section has gone down the hill...

• Reply 28 of 131
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    NO THEY DIDN'T. NO ONE WOULD CONFUSE A SAMSUNG TABLET FOR AN IPAD. THIS IS A CROCK. APPLE IS SUING BECAUSE THEY WANT A MONOPOLY. INNOVATE, DON'T LITIGATE, APPLE.

You need to type in a different color so folks know its Faux Tallest Skil and not the real one
  • Reply 29 of 131
    just_mejust_me Posts: 590member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tipoo View Post

Of course AI wouldn't post this part though

http://gizmodo.com/5929630/proof-that-the-iphone-4-could-have-perfectly-been-a-sony-product-back-in-the-80s

So you think it goes

Sony <-- Apple <-- Samsung

• Reply 30 of 131
    timuscatimusca Posts: 123member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I LOLed... The funny thing is, you could go to The Verge and read comments like this all day. The Verge is the new anti-Apple troll breeding grounds.

Engadget is worse, I think.

• Reply 31 of 131
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Oh, come on. After repeated exposure to imbecilic anti-Apple troll posts, it's easy to understand why we become so battle hardened.

Well, I've been pretty vitriolic myself in the past of course and I understand the frustration, but I've never had the giant ego or the complete lack of humility that he has.  

Half of the reasons debates with him get out of hand is his complete refusal to ever admit he is wrong in any way shape or form and to always have the last word.  He also enjoys ridiculing people a great deal.  Needless to say these are the key attributes of the average troll.  I find that he is fairly unique in those respects and more troll-like than most of the trolls despite being a smart guy who is predominantly correct in his assertions.  

The odd "I wasn't aware of that" or "I guess I was wrong about that part" would go a long, long way towards making him less troll-like.  He also totally shouldn't have moderator status here at all.  Since he has moderator status on other boards as well, I can only assume that in person, he is a "tech-famous" or well connected individual who is probably a "nice guy" if you meet him despite his Internet f*ckwad personality here.  

• Reply 32 of 131
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,096member

Quote:

I've met people that used "iPod" for their non-Apple music players.  No iPads yet, but I'm sure they're out there.
  • Reply 33 of 131
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    I have heard someone say "I'm going to get one of those new Motorola iPads"

(likewise you wouldn't hear somebody say, "I'll Outlook this to you" ... Or Windows this to you, or ThinkPad this to you ...)
  • Reply 34 of 131
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    NO THEY DIDN'T. NO ONE WOULD CONFUSE A SAMSUNG TABLET FOR AN IPAD. THIS IS A CROCK. APPLE IS SUING BECAUSE THEY WANT A MONOPOLY. INNOVATE, DON'T LITIGATE, APPLE.

Every member of Samsung's legal team went to BB to buy iPads?
  • Reply 35 of 131
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,096member

I'm waiting for Samsung to counter this news by showing proof that "iPad tablets returned after buyers realized they weren't Samsung Galaxy's".

Wait... I'm holding my breath...

• Reply 36 of 131
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    just_me wrote: »
    So you think it goes

Sony <-- Apple <-- Samsung

It's no secret Jobs has always been a fan of Sony. And Apple even hired Sony to make products for them. Inspired by is one thing, but copying is another. Before you start using Apple's own designs against them, show me the genesis of the inspiration ... Is there indeed an actual Sony product that looks like the iPhone 4? I don't recall a Sony product ever looking like that, much less a phone.
  • Reply 37 of 131
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

C'mon I can understand mistaking it in the store but when one is handed a box that says Samsung on it instead of Apple should tip them that they bought the wrong device.
  • Reply 38 of 131
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

It doesn't have to be a verb, for years all SUVs were called Jeeps regardless of make and model.
  • Reply 39 of 131
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member

Quote:

I heard it before.  Some guy three posts up.  First time ever though.

• Reply 40 of 131
    jcallowsjcallows Posts: 150member

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimUSCA View Post

I don't know what I'm more tired of reading about... this lawsuit or Chick-fil-a.

yep, i'm getting tired of hearing about this lawsuit too.  c'mon samsung!  just stop copying apple products and pay the fine so we can move on with our lives.