Photos of alleged fully-assembled next-gen iPhone surface

1101112131416»

Comments

• Reply 301 of 318
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmiku View Post

I have a hypothesis I want to share with you. It is still unknown whether Apple will announce iPad 4 this fall or in 2013. I think, if this new iPhone is real and has the new dock connector, then the refreshed iPad has to be released alongside this new iPhone. Otherwise Apple will have two connectors and it will damage the iPad sales, because people won't be buying a device with a deprecated docking port. What do you think?

they have connectors for that supposedly in case you didn't get the memo.

• Reply 302 of 318
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,810member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I attacked your post, but I didn't attack the poster. All you've done is attack the poster. 

That is rich. Maybe you really don't realize how abrasive your posts actually come across and believe what you wrote above. There are many ways to have respectful disagreements and you seem to be unaware how to edit your post in such a way as to respectfully disagree. You might not have directly attacked the poster this time but it is pretty clear you were calling his ideas moronic and were very condescending in your tone. You don't need to call someone an idiot when a facial expression and a roll of the eyes convey the same message and that is what you did with your critique.  You also frequently attack posters personally and I know this from personal experience and reading this site for many years where I have seen you get into numerous and unwarranted pissing matches over very trivial issues. I actually liked his idea and agree that iOS needs a bigger refresh than what I have seen so far with planned iOS 6 features. I am not a GUI expert, but I think there is a lot more Apple could do to improve the user experience. The poster was also correct that you rarely seem to go off on a limb and offer your own ideas and prefer to belittle other people's ideas. So have at it with my suggestion. 

I would like something akin to Spaces. To explain, I would like a gesture or possibly an icon for quick access that I could activate that would bring up miniature snapshots of at least 4 pages of screens with a swipe to view the remaining pages 4 at a time. If you have a lot of screens, it can take a lot of swipes to find an app. Sure, if you know the name of the app you can use search, but what happens when you can't remember the name? You have to swipe through screen after screen looking.   I would also like the ability to name each screen, just like you can with folders. For some people it might just be numerical, for others you might have a screen filled with games, another with business apps, one with utilities, etc...This would allow better organization and easier access. 

A few more: Have option to turn on automatic app updates. It is tedious to enter the Apple PW and do that several times a week. Apple really started the widget trend but called it dashboard. Bring dashboard to iOS. Apple can save face by calling it dashboard instead of widgets. If you have ever used these on Android or a jailbroken iPhone which has something similar you realize how useful and time saving they can be. The current weather and stock widgets just aren't cutting it, give us far more widgets and the ability to customize what we want to view.  

Back on topic, I am more interested in the internal tech specs of the next iPhone. I wonder how likely we are to see a quad core. I would also love to see an article comparing how efficient iOS is at using 2 or 4 cores vs. Android. Most of the articles on the net are old and compare previous hardware and software. An ICS vs. iOS 6 comparison would be an interesting read. 

• Reply 303 of 318
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    gwmac wrote: »
    That is rich. Maybe you really don't realize how abrasive your posts actually come across and believe what you wrote above. There are many ways to have respectful disagreements and you seem to be unaware how to edit your post in such a way as to respectfully disagree. You might not have directly attacked the poster this time but it is pretty clear you were calling his ideas not only moronic and were very condescending in your tone.

Yes, his suggestion was moronic. It I wasn't being respectful I wouldn't have commented as to why I thought it was so poorly thought out. My respect came from taking the time to explain my opinion instead of just stating it. You may think that by using cutesy words and starting replies with "with all due respect" makes your comments more balanced when you and he attack people but that's just hiding behind a passie-aggressive veil of insecurity. Do I need to beat around the bush to tell you how I feel about such tactics or can you accept that my communication is direct, focused, clear and to the point. I don't give two shits about who you are, what you do for a living, what snack foods you eat or any other derogatory remarks you people like to throw around when you've been beaten in a fair debate; I only care about you communicating as clearly and honestly as possible.

I make my comments how I make my comments. You want to investigate me, roll the dice and take your chances. I eat breakfast 300 yards from Verizon employees who are trained to sell me an Android phone, so don't think for one second that you can come down here, insult my intelligence, and make me nervous. You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!

I make plenty of suggestions on this forum. I am no hypocrite. I make my comments because I want feedback. Not the happy-time pat of the back feedback , but honest feedback from intelligent posters with a mind of their own. If my ideas are dumb I not only want that mentioned but I want it to be explained to me why you think they are dumb so I learn from you. Critical thinking is not learned in a bubble. It takes time and effort and you gain nothing from being coddled.

There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong.”
  • Reply 304 of 318
  • Reply 305 of 318
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,810member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I don't give two shits about who you are, what you do for a living, what snack foods you eat or any other derogatory remarks you people like to throw around when you've been beaten in a fair debate; I only care about you communicating as clearly and honestly as possible.

That is the problem, even when soundly thrashed in a debate and you were clearly proven wrong in past discussions and pretty much everyone on the board agreed, you still remain stubborn and recalcitrant. In your mind at least I don't think you feel as if you  have ever lost a debate on AI. The joy of being the judge, jury, and executioner I suppose. With over 6,000 posts in less than a year with this handle, and God only knows how many tens of thousands from past names, you obviously take this forum far more seriously than your average member and also have far more time. So by all means carry on and put us in our place and enlighten us with your pearls of wisdom. Just don't act surprised when people retaliate or take offense. I like you better when you own your arrogance instead of playing the martyr that graciously fails to use the report button even though you could because you felt personally attacked. If you can dish it out you should be prepared to take it as well. Just saying....

• Reply 306 of 318
    bigdaddypbigdaddyp Posts: 811member
    Fully-assembled… case.

I hate 16:9…

I do appreciate that the iPad is a 4:3 (not widescreen format) butI can't see what it matters on a phone with an (allegedly) 4" screen. Serious question, no sarcasm.
  • Reply 307 of 318
    If you can dish it out you should be prepared to take it as well. Just saying....

If only I was willing to defend my comments instead of making woes me comments that derail the thread¡ If someone challenges your point, analyze it than defend your point if you think it's sound, but when you and TheKid2020 attack the poster you just weaken any valid point you have had.

bigdaddyp wrote: »
    I do appreciate that the iPad is a 4:3 (not widescreen format) butI can't see what it matters on a phone with an (allegedly) 4" screen. Serious question, no sarcasm.

I can't see how it matters since all rumours suggest that it's not only the same display width in portrait mode, but also the same PPI. The only real complaint would have to be from the phone now being too tall to fit into a pocket, the display being too long tor the upper/lower thumb sweep, or the Home Button being pushed a little too far down since the casing doesn't appear to be expanding at the same ratio. But I haven't any of those things mentioned. It's all been static comments about 16:9 without any relevance to how it will affect the product.
  • Reply 308 of 318
    bigdaddypbigdaddyp Posts: 811member
    philboogie wrote: »
    I would prefer the current 3.5". Fits in my pockets, and believe a 4" will 'stretch' my pants as my phone always falls 'landscape-wise' It really looks 'long':
    Are you trying to bait my inner juvenile delinquent?
  • Reply 309 of 318
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by bigdaddyp View Post

…I can't see what it matters on a phone with an (allegedly) 4" screen. Serious question, no sarcasm.

*sigh* I don't either, I just don't like the idea of it in general. image

Encroachment, and all that. There's no ratio that is good for everything, and a different ratio for every possible use is impractical. But on the scale between the two, the best solution is closer to the latter than the former.

• Reply 310 of 318
    emacs72emacs72 Posts: 356member

that form factor (of the alleged new iPhone) looks great.  i never saw an issue with a large(r) screen especially having used Samsung Galaxy smartphones in the past.

• Reply 311 of 318
    neo42neo42 Posts: 287member

Not aesthetically pleasing to me-- just my opinion.  If this is the real deal, wondering if they'll call it "The new iPhone"

• Reply 312 of 318

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

As for Porsche - the only people I know who drive them are fat, middle-aged business men who think it makes them look younger and more attractive when actually it just makes them look like a prick.

Somebody clearly doesn't own a porsche. 

• Reply 313 of 318
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    your momma so fat her binaries support all architectures. (worst slam ever) ????

On that single one-liner, I'm getting another one of Tony Thorne books! I simply love slang!
  • Reply 314 of 318
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    That is rich. Maybe you really don't realize how abrasive your posts actually come across and believe what you wrote above. There are many ways to have respectful disagreements and you seem to be unaware how to edit your post in such a way as to respectfully disagree. You might not have directly attacked the poster this time but it is pretty clear you were calling his ideas not only moronic and were very condescending in your tone.

Yes, his suggestion was moronic. It I wasn't being respectful I wouldn't have commented as to why I thought it was so poorly thought out. My respect came from taking the time to explain my opinion instead of just stating it. You may think that by using curtsey words and stating replies with "with all due respect" makes your comments more balanced when you and he attack people but that's just hiding behind a passie-aggressive veil of insecurity. Do I need to beat around the bush to tell you how I feel about such tactics or can you accept that my communication is direct, focused, clear and to the point. I don't give two shits about who you are, what you do for a living, what snack foods you eat or any other derogatory remarks you people like to throw around when you've been beaten in a fair debate; I only care about you communicating as clearly and honestly as possible.

I make my comments how I make my comments. You want to investigate me, roll the dice and take your chances. I eat breakfast 300 yards from Verizon employees who are trained to sell me an Android phone, so don't think for one second that you can come down here, insult my intelligence, and make me nervous. You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!

I make plenty of suggestions on this forum. I am no hypocrite. I make my comments because I want feedback. Not the happy-time pat of the back feedback from intelligent posters with a mind of their own. If my ideas are dumb I not only want that mentioned but it to be explained to me why you think they are dumb. Critical thinking is not learned in a bubble. It takes time and effort and you gain nothing from being coddled.

There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong.”

THAT post should be on the homepage of the forum. You know, the page you get to when clicking on the AppleInsider logo top left, or the link in their footer. Gees Huddler, your IQ is even lower that some single-digit-IQ people posting over here...
  • Reply 315 of 318

I'm not sure if anyone else has said this already because I did not read all 300 plus posts, but the hole on the back of the iPhone where the camera and LED flash is could potentially be the new location for the noise canceling microphone. If you look at the top where the power/lock button is there is none. This could also serve dual purpose, for example, when the phone is being used for conversation purposes the microphone that is located by the headphone and speakers is used as the line in and the microphone by the camera is used for noise canceling. Then vise-versa, when the phone is filming the microphone by the camera is used to capture audio and the microphone by the headphone jack is used for noise canceling.

• Reply 316 of 318
    andreyandrey Posts: 108member
    I would guess it's canceled iPhone5 that was replaced by 4s or fake. I don't believe apple will just release iPhone4, stretched to four inches and call it 5. Has to be more then four to keep up with androids. Glass will be as on iPad3 thus will benefit on bigger screens. I hope on different design of home button. Classic is malfunctioning on one of our iTouches and iPad2. /fail. It will be nice if iOS will "borrow" design of autocorrect on android to cut off the oxygen frm sites like damnyouautocorrect. And last but not least to be available on all biggest US providers, including T-Mobile.
  • Reply 317 of 318
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Andrey View Post

I don't believe apple will just release iPhone4, stretched to four inches and call it 5.

Being as persnickety as possible, I agree with this sentence right here.

Has to be more then four to keep up with androids.

No, that has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Apple "keeps up" with no one.

I hope on different design of home button. Classic is malfunctioning on one of our iTouches and iPad2. /fail.

/actually_take_care_of_your_possessions

It will be nice if iOS will "borrow" design of autocorrect on android to cut off the oxygen frm sites like damnyouautocorrect.

So you want auto-correct to be made worse by an order of magnitude to… get rid of a pointless (and fake, if you'd take a second and look around it) site like that?

And last but not least to be available on all biggest US providers, including T-Mobile.

That's on T-Mobile to do. The iPhone is already on all other major carriers and dozens of local ones. They have no one to blame but themselves.

• Reply 318 of 318
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    I looked at the leaked photos again today. Not feeling it. But of course, holding one in my hand when it comes out... We'll see, I may go nuts over it. I've bought iPhones from 3 different continents + 1 city state island. Might as well keep it up.

iPhone 3G (locked) - USA shipped to UK
    iPhone 3G (unlocked) - Singapore
    iPhone 3GS (unlocked) - Malaysia
    iPhone 4 (unlocked) - Malaysia
    iPhone 4S (locked) - Australia