Apple scrambles to keep Samsung from revealing confidential iPhone, iPad sales documents

Comments

• Reply 41 of 89

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

There are some potential patent infringments, but that is not theft.

That just about says it all.

• Reply 42 of 89
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrs View Post

... Apple sales still continue to break records, and Iphone continue to enjoy one of the most ludicrous profit margin of any hardware ever introduced in human history for 4 YEARS RUNNING. Since numbers don't lie, then Apple is lying.

the only ones who make that argument are mad they can't produce something and get that kind of margin.  If you think it is over priced, see ya.  Oh, and where does the $$$ come from for their data centers anyway?  And add in their whole new mapping service and associated back end services that go with it.

• Reply 43 of 89

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No other company on the face of the planet in the history of human civilization has ever done this.

Apple has led the way with many firsts, why stop at tech?

• Reply 44 of 89
    lamewinglamewing Posts: 742member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

That just about says it all.

Okay, play the stereotypical Jewish mother routine instead of actually answering questions. I have lived with friends' parents who played those games. All you can do is just walk away and shake your head.

• Reply 45 of 89
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I see plenty of astroturfing these days. Best to ignore the trolls. All they want is attention. We know they could give a shit less about Apple. :lol:
  • Reply 46 of 89

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post

Don't even bother with Tallest Skil. His posts can be as bad as a 16 year old childs. He'll use vulgar language in a post, make fun of members and even threaten to ban them, if they don't agree with him.

In fact, he'll most likely delete this post and ban me. How this guy became a Moderator is beyond me. He's single handedly turning this site into a joke.

It seems like that is the case with several folks here as well, but at least they are not "Moderators"

• Reply 47 of 89
    mcrsmcrs Posts: 172member

Quote:

My only question at this point is when we're going to ban you.

As a "Global Moderator", aren't you supposed to "moderate" more than just to take side, no? Or, perhaps the word "moderator" has spawn a new meaning to you? Interesting.

Anyhow, Apple asks for damages to the tune of 3.5 Billions from Samsung alleged copying of Iphones- interestingly enough, SJ once mentioned even if Apple was offered US 5 Billions, Apple would still go thermonuclear. So, it's a 'no' for 5 billion but a 'yes' to 3.5 billion? SJ must be rolling in his grave, angry that after his death, his opinion got discounted by 30 percent. Since Apple is playing a number game now, shouldn't Samsung be playing the same number game at its accuser?  You accuse us to have caused you 3.5 billion of damages? We will show you that your own numbers don't support your assertions about your alleged declining market and profit due to our alleged copying of your products.

Remember this, you, I and everyone else on this AI forum will not meet the criteria to become juries for this trial, and you know exactly the reason why. WE ARE ALL BIASED AND PREJUDICIAL about things Apple. Apple will have to PROVE BEYOND ANY REASONABLE DOUBT to the juries that their allegations are valid.

Any data or numbers that can seed doubts in the mind of juries will be detrimental to Apple's case. In this case, seeding the doubt about the validity of Apple assertions that Apple is indeed being irreparably damage by the defendant and the sum of 3.5 billion is reasonable is one of the main targets of the defense team.

Quote:

Take a gander at the high-end Android phones. Some have even higher margins.

Can you also entertain us on which high-end android phones actually have a higher margin than the soon to be obsolete Iphone 4S? The Iphone 4S costs about 200 bucks to make, according to some estimates, and you can add probably 50 bucks for logistics, advertisement, etc, so let's say the actual cost of Iphone 4S is USD 250. Iphone 4S is being sold on average of about USD 650 [previous month's price before the USD 50 price cut]. You can calculate and guesstimate how much Apple makes for each Iphone 4S they sold. It's mind boggling. I don't think anything in the world can come close to this per device profit margin, hovering around 50+%. The fact that the market is letting this kind of profit margin continue for so long would mean that something is not quite right with Apple profit equation. Sooner or later, people will want parts of it, be that the suppliers, the partners or even the end-users. This type of profit margin is not sustainable.

• Reply 48 of 89

Quote:

Okay, play the stereotypical Jewish mother routine instead of actually answering questions. I have lived with friends' parents who played those games. All you can do is just walk away and shake your head.

I don't stereotype Jewish mothers.

What part of my question about "if proven" did you have trouble comprehending -- since you seem to be unable to "actually" answer questions?

/headshake

• Reply 49 of 89

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I don't stereotype Jewish mothers.

What part of my question about "if proven" did you have trouble comprehending -- since you seem to be unable to "actually" answer questions?

/headshake

/alreadywalkedaway

But, for the record..."Don't post silly stuff. Copying/stealing is bad, and deserves to be punished. If proved. As it will be." is a statement, not a question, so there is nothing to answer.

• Reply 50 of 89
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

Quote:

Can you also entertain us on which high-end android phones actually have a higher margin than the soon to be obsolete Iphone 4S? The Iphone 4S costs about 200 bucks to make, according to some estimates, and you can add probably 50 bucks for logistics, advertisement, etc, so let's say the actual cost of Iphone 4S is USD 250. Iphone 4S is being sold on average of about USD 650 [previous month's price before the USD 50 price cut]. You can calculate and guesstimate how much Apple makes for each Iphone 4S they sold. It's mind boggling. I don't think anything in the world can come close to this per device profit margin, hovering around 50+%. The fact that the market is letting this kind of profit margin continue for so long would mean that something is not quite right with Apple profit equation. Sooner or later, people will want parts of it, be that the suppliers, the partners or even the end-users. This type of profit margin is not sustainable.

the cost to make was a guesstimate based on component costs, now factor in research, backend services, warranty services, staff, office space, etc, and the cost goes up....

• Reply 51 of 89

Quote:

/alreadywalkedaway

I do so enjoy a conversation with 10-year olds. Don't get to do it often enough.....

Btw, "/alreadywalkedway" surely means that you're now back?

• Reply 52 of 89

I want Samsung to release Apple's sales figures. Why?

Because I want Apple to release Samsung's numbers. Samsung loves to say "40 million smartphones sold" but they never break it down into how many of each type. They also never talk about the return rates for products not doing well (like their tablets)

This will end the debate one-and-for-all about how many of Samsung's "smartphone sales" are really those cheap phones still running Android 2.2 or 2.3 on those 240x320 little dinky screens and how many are higher-end models that would be comporable to the iPhone.

• Reply 53 of 89

Quote:

Anyhow, Apple asks for damages to the tune of 3.5 Billions from Samsung alleged copying of Iphones- interestingly enough, SJ once mentioned even if Apple was offered US 5 Billions, Apple would still go thermonuclear. So, it's a 'no' for 5 billion but a 'yes' to 3.5 billion? SJ must be rolling in his grave, angry that after his death, his opinion got discounted by 30 percent. Since Apple is playing a number game now, shouldn't Samsung be playing the same number game at its accuser?  You accuse us to have caused you 3.5 billion of damages? We will show you that your own numbers don't support your assertions about your alleged declining market and profit due to our alleged copying of your products.right with Apple profit equation. Sooner or later, people will want parts of it, be that the suppliers, the partners or even the end-users. This type of profit margin is not sustainable.

Another idiot to be blocked. My list is growing by leaps and bounds these days.

Why would I say that? Just re-reas what you said. Anyone that ignorant of what's going on doesn't have any business discussing the subject at hand.

• Reply 54 of 89

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Because I want Apple to release Samsung's numbers. Samsung loves to say "40 million smartphones sold" but they never break it down into how many of each type. They also never talk about the return rates for products not doing well (like their tablets)

This will end the debate one-and-for-all about how many of Samsung's "smartphone sales" are really those cheap phones still running Android 2.2 or 2.3 on those 240x320 little dinky screens and how many are higher-end models that would be comporable to the iPhone.

I concur. I am sure people will be shocked.

• Reply 55 of 89

Quote:

As a "Global Moderator", aren't you supposed to "moderate" more than just to take side, no? Or, perhaps the word "moderator" has spawn a new meaning to you? Interesting.

Most people understand that "Moderator" does not mean "Bully".

I find it striking that the acceptable tone here is so nasty - and even more so, that the tone is set by a site official.  I can only surmise that such a tone is both accepted and encouraged by the site's owners.

• Reply 56 of 89

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Sounds good, and if that is the case we can then see how Apple is magically coming up with a 2.5 billion dollar price tag. According to Apple they want a few bucks (per device) for the bounce, a few more bucks for the double-tap, but most is purely trade and dress BS. I am still trying to understand how the purchase of a Samsung smartphone is an automatic loss of a sale to Apple. Does Apple really thing they are the only go to guys if a customer doesn't buy a Samsung product?

• Reply 57 of 89
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by JerrySwitched26 View Post

I can only surmise that such a tone is both accepted and encouraged by the site's owners.

We hate repeat account trolls who spend their lives on websites they hate about products they hate made by companies they hate. Every site owner hates that. This isn't really anything special here.

• Reply 58 of 89
    This was a rather dry and factual article written by DED. I didn't think he had it in him. ;-)
  • Reply 59 of 89

Quote:

We hate

"We"?    Are you one of the site's owners?  

Or not?

• Reply 60 of 89
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    My only question at this point is when we're going to ban you.

Take a gander at the high-end Android phones. Some have even higher margins.

Which ones and for how long?