Japan court rules Samsung does not infringe Apple patents

Comments

• Reply 21 of 74
    deleted
  • Reply 22 of 74

Samsung long ago made a calculated move to proceed with walking the fine line of licensing infringement. It's all good for Samsung no matter what happens.  There are just too many opportunities for Samsung to capitalize on this. There are a lot of people making both companies into a villains, but I'm afraid it's just strategic saber rattling, and we're all suckers for buying into it.

• Reply 23 of 74
    zunxzunx Posts: 620member

Japanese do not forget or forgive.

• Reply 24 of 74
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellya74u View Post

I rarely criticize anyone (person) in this forum, even if I drastically disagree with them. However, it is rude, ignorant, demeaning & childish to poke fun of someone because of language difficulty. That crap may fly on the elementary school playground where you snuck around behind a teacher's back & make people feel like crap, because it made you feel like somebody..... A sure stepping stone to bullying others.

You should welcome an exchange of ideas, engage in an honest dialog, argue the whole 'rectangle with round corners,' help them see your infinite wisdom & insight, hoping to persuade them to your position. But to poke fun of someone who is trying to communicate with you reminds me of the hackers who would play video games & boast they one all the time. That's why "Punk Busters" was invented.

This is an American (US) forum, hosted in the US, but open & welcoming to people all over the world. None of us in this world are perfect, but we should all work harder at being better people. To arrogantly flaunt your cruel & vicious nastiness, shows you don't have a logical rebuttle argument & that you have no class. I could say you were acting like snot-nosed 14yr olds who have contempt for everyone, but I won't. If you want to be & feel like a real man, study the success of good men & learn character.

This is an outstanding forum, & I read it 20-30 times a day. I am an older Apple fan, & am attracted to the excellence Apple has brought to life. Poor manners, ettequite, poking fun as described above goes beyond free speech, is off topic & shoud NEVER be allowed by a moderator. The reason there are forum guidelines is because some posters will overstep, & it needs to be dealt with immediately.

To the Korean posters & other guests,I apologize on behalf of our misbehaving forum family. I welcome your posts & comments. I read them, & even if I disagree with them, respect the fact that you have a voice here. If we disagree, we can have some fun sorting it out. Eventually, you will see I am right! (joke)

The above isn't meant to horribly bash anyone, just ask/give the forum a bit of a tune-up regarding adult civility in the exchange of ideas & argument which I believe, is the purpose of this forum (oh, & the numerous hits AI can show from all over the world, for advertising profits).

One of the things that is wrong with the world today is that there is always some well-meaning fool willing to step to the defence of people who are willing to not do the right thing.

Take our good friend 84532. He's not here for a 'welcome exchange of ideas' or 'honest dialog'. He's not open minded, open to ideas, open to valued input, or open to anything else of that nature.

Like most trolls, he just wants to talk a lot about subject matter he's not familiar with, stir things up with a few good controversial posts, get a few good reactions and get a bit of attention, and then bask in the nice feeling that he gets. Feel free to peruse his 60 or so posts for proof. 

Hell, it even looks like the silly bugger responded to reactions to his posts in this thread using a different username, a sign that seems to indicate that he's definitely not here to be constructive. Why do you need multiple usernames when trying to make a point?

This is not behaviour that should be defended or encouraged.

I think you will find that nearly all members of this site reward and respond well to intelligent, well-thought out input. But many of them also don't suffer fools lightly. If he decides he can't handle the heat then he's more than welcome to improve the manner of his dialogue. Or he can get out of the kitchen. The choice is his.

When a child misbehaves you discipline it. The same applies to individuals who think that forums like these are here to allow them to address their insufficiencies, rather than communicate intelligently with individuals or a group about a number of subjects or matters.

However, I must admit to finding it interesting that you leapt to the conclusion that these posters were automatically Korean.

And I can only assume that it will be in a future post of yours that you'll be taking him to task and correcting him about his statement that Samsung was only punished because of the racist America judicial system.

• Reply 25 of 74
    oomuoomu Posts: 130member

@845032

what ?

• Reply 26 of 74
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

One of the things that is wrong with the world today is that there is always some well-meaning fool willing to step to the defence of people who are willing to not do the right thing.

Take our good friend 84532. He's not here for a 'welcome exchange of ideas' or 'honest dialog'. He's not open minded, open to ideas, open to valued input, or open to anything else of that nature.

Like most trolls, he just wants to talk a lot about subject matter he's not familiar with, stir things up with few good controversial posts, get a few good reactions and get a bit of attention, and then bask in the nice feeling that he gets. Feel free to peruse his 60 or so posts for proof. 

Hell, it even looks like the silly bugger responded to reactions to his posts in this thread using a different username, a sign that seems to indicate that he's definitely not here to be constructive. Why do you need multiple usernames when trying to make a point?

I think you will find that nearly all members of this site reward and respond well to intelligent, well-though out input. But many of them also don't suffer fools lightly. If he decides he can't handle the heat then he's more than welcome to improve the manner of his dialogue. Or he can get out of the kitchen. The choice is his.

When a child misbehaves you discipline it. The same applies to individuals who think that forums like these are here to allow them to address their insufficiencies, rather than communicate intelligently with individuals or a group about a number of subjects or matters.

However, I must admit to finding it interesting that you leapt to the conclusion that these posters were automatically Korean.

And I can only assume that it will be in a future post of yours that you'll be taking him to task and correcting him about his statement that Samsung was only punished because of the racist America judicial system.

Thanks for responding to Kellya, I couldn't be bothered, and I couldn't have said it better myself. 

I've never, EVER insulted anyone for sharing an opinion- if it was clear the opinion was honest and sincere, and that individual had noble intentions in terms of discussion and debate. But when an obvious troll is an obvious troll, why should I mince words?

Almost every thread is shitted up by such a troll, and as soon as he posts the level of discourse shoots down and any hope of intelligent exchanges is gone. We're supposed to be infinitely 'welcome' to such blatantly obvious, ill-intentioned shit? Why? Also, there's a few languages I don't speak/write too well. The last thing I would think of doing is go spam messageboards based on companies/products I despise with my trolling ways in a language in which I can barely express myself. Why would a rational person do that? Why not spend my time actually practising the language in a more productive way, and leave trolling messageboards for a time when I'm semi-decent?  I speak/read/write arabic, french, and spanish- yet I don't post in these languages out of respect for the people reading, and because I know that I'm not fluent and my vocabulary isn't great.There's forums in every single language on the planet. It's one thing to read blatant troll posts that are legible, its quite another to have a combination of trolling and utterly broken english. These aren't 'opinions', especially when they will never be swayed by any rational argument. It's drive-by APPLE IS SO EVIL AND THEY SUCK level of shit, why should we put up with that? It infests every single other messageboard on the internet, especially techsites, why do we also have to suffer it at a site like this? It's tiresome, pointless, and whats worse is that we get people like Kellya who's too naive to see these kinds of people for the malicious intentions that they have.

If I constantly posted to Android sites bashing everything about it, that would not make me someone who is 'expressing an opinion'. It would make me a troll, and it's something I've never, ever done in my life, because the goal would be to stir shit up and piss people off. I ONCE posted on an Android site, with a well composed and respetful post of ways in which I think Android could be improved. I was banned instantly. I'm not asking for this level of censorship and close-mindedness here, but only for a very basic level of moderation that can filter only the most blatant, obvious, and shit-stirring trolls who have no intention of engaging in any type of intelligent or respectful debate. And no, these people have lost the right to be respected. Trust me, I've tried, they don't even aknowledge replies that point out facts. You might be willing to happily welcome anyone who's sole reason here is to mock, attack, and spit on you, but not all of us are willing to act that irrationally. 

(When I say 'you', I'm referring to Kellya and anyone else who shares his view)

• Reply 27 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Why the **** do the worst trolls have trouble composing legible english? If english isn't your 1st language, why not post on boards with languages that you can actually speak/write?

Furthermore, why isn't 845..whatever banned already? He has almost 90 posts of incomprehensible, trollish drivel that has not contributed an iota to any intelligent discusion. Where the hell are the mods? Tallest, why don't you do your job and ban the worst of the worst, instead of continually to giddily respond while seemingly enjoying yourself a great deal? 845 should have been banned after his 2nd post, yet you just keep the trolling going. Why not have higher standards on this board?

I really dislike his post, but see no reason to ban him. Also dislike the cheap comments about 'legible english', since many people like to me did not do well with English at school, but I earn six figure salary because I am good at what I do. Stop going for the cheap shots and show some class.

• Reply 28 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Like most trolls, he just wants to talk a lot about subject matter he's not familiar with, stir things up with few good controversial posts, get a few good reactions and get a bit of attention, and then bask in the nice feeling that he gets. Feel free to peruse his 60 or so posts for proof. 

I think you will find that nearly all members of this site reward and respond well to intelligent, well-though out input. But many of them also don't suffer fools lightly. If he decides he can't handle the heat then he's more than welcome to improve the manner of his dialogue. Or he can get out of the kitchen. The choice is his.

I agree with Kelly, simply because there is no need to go for cheap shots, show some class and show him your more intelligent. Kelly not defending, just showing that people who lower themselves to his level are no better!  I now ignore his posts because I know the information is provides, does not help me and his troll in nature. Why do people just block him and ignore him..Hmmm

• Reply 29 of 74
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member

you're simply not going to get ANY ASIAN COUNTRY to side with apple.

copying is a cultural thing. period. they do it in school. they did it in art school when i was there. when you ask them, it's simply not an issue.

could you imagine the whole culture having to change the behavior of a lifetime? won't happen.

• Reply 30 of 74
    blitz1blitz1 Posts: 438member
    slurpy wrote: »

Why the **** do the worst trolls have trouble composing legible english? If english isn't your 1st language, why not post on boards with languages that you can actually speak/write?
    Furthermore, why isn't 845..whatever banned already? He has almost 90 posts of incomprehensible, trollish drivel that has not contributed an iota to any intelligent discusion. Where the hell are the mods? Tallest, why don't you do your job and ban the worst of the worst, instead of continually to giddily respond while seemingly enjoying yourself a great deal? 845 should have been banned after his 2nd post, yet you just keep the trolling going. Why not have higher standards on this board?

No free opinion in Appleland?
    Try the ignore button!
  • Reply 31 of 74
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

I agree with Kelly, simply because there is no need to go for cheap shots, show some class and show him your more intelligent. 

That's great in theory, but isn't that how most troll-infested forums work at the moment?

And riddle me this:

Who has more mad skills?

1). An individual who displays class and intelligence, regardless of whether another individual responds to those.

or

2). An individual who displays class, intelligence AND is also willing to use shots (both cheap, expensive, and alcoholic) to assist another in understanding that their type of behaviour is not acceptable?

And aren't you guys breaking your own moral code of behaviour by telling others what type of communication they should use?

There is no good or bad but thinking makes it so.

• Reply 32 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, you're back. I'm so thrilled. How'd you take the utter failure of your company? Please don't devolve into slapppy-level "Apple will fail, just watch" comments. 

Apple is the one that wanted Samsung to license things. Samsung did not. Samsung is the one that chose lawsuits.

Damn! I was hoping Mr. Numbers left the party. AI did seem such a nice place the past few days with all these idiots licking their wounds somewhere. But one slight whiff of a pro-Samsung story and they are back.

• Reply 33 of 74
    techboytechboy Posts: 183member

Imagine Apple pull all their products from Japan? Let them be stuck with Samsung!

• Reply 34 of 74
    doorman.doorman. Posts: 159member

Quote:

Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Apple is one and only evil in this industry.

if apple become vanish, there are no patent war in smart phone/tablet world.

Remeber, Apple is one who pursue this way.

Samsung, Moto, HTC, Android are defense move.

Samsung punished by american court, because they are foreign company who challenge america's most biggest company.

Criminals on the run from the police are also on a defence move. Any one who did wrong would most likely be on a defence move.

• Reply 35 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by Techboy View Post

Imagine Apple pull all their products from Japan? Let them be stuck with Samsung!

I bet, Japanese still prefer flip phones.

• Reply 36 of 74
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Techboy View Post

Don't worry about that, Apple still has more patent cases pending in Japan, this one didn't stick maybe the next one will.

Florian Mueller is keeping a tally, so far Android has been found to infringe fifteen valid  patents held by Apple and Microsoft.

• Reply 37 of 74

“It’s hard to believe the products belong to the range of technologies of the claimant,”

Is it for real? Or just bad translation from Japanese?

Because now it looks like the judge said that even though he sees that Apple owns this patent, he can not believe/accept that such technology is owned by an American company. So he says - ok, guys, you own it, but it is actually not so good that you and not some one else owns it, so I am not going to consider you as the owner of the technology.

• Reply 38 of 74
    mwhitecomwhiteco Posts: 112member

I agree with you, and you ever notice when 845032 does post he is the first one to post on the article?

• Reply 39 of 74
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Quote:

Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Apple is one and only innovator in this industry.

if apple become vanish, there are no modern smart phone/tablet in world.

Fixed.

You can carry on with your trolling now. 

• Reply 40 of 74
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A Japanese court on Friday ruled against Apple's claim that Samsung infringed on one of its utility patents, handing the Korean company a small victory after its punishing loss in a similar U.S. case.

The Tokyo District Court ruled that Samsung's products do not infringe upon an Apple patent for transferring media content between two devices, reports Reuters.

Further reports from Bloomberg note that Judge Tamotsu Shoji handed down the verdict, ruling Samsung?s Galaxy devices including the Galaxy Tab, are not in violation of Apple?s Patent No. 4,204,977 for synchronizing music and video data in devices to servers.

Apple first sued Samsung in Japan last year, asserting claims against the Galaxy S, Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S II, seeking 100 million yen in damages. The Galaxy-series of products in Japan is offered by NTT DoCoMo Inc. (9437), the country?s biggest mobile-phone company.

The ruling comes on the heels of the landmark Apple v. Samsung U.S. trial that found Samsung in violation of six Apple design and utility patents. Apple was ultimately awarded over $1 billion and is now seeking the permanent sales ban of eight infringing devices.

Developing

So what.