Customers queue up for iPhone 5 outside Apple's Fifth Ave store

Comments

• Reply 41 of 82
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member

I just had time to compile an application and here I am again called a troll by the biggest troll ever.

I lol

• Reply 42 of 82

Are they in line for the iPhone 5 or the iPad Mini, though?

I slept through the initial pre-order (delivery on launch day) availability.  I don't know if I'll wait in line on Friday or not.  I had an issue the last time I purchased in store, and the guy activated on the spot.  My notes never synced from my old iP3GS to the iP4.  I swore that I would only accept delivery and activate through iTunes in the future.  I may give it a shot this time.  I haven't had any issues with iCloud syncing stuff between iOS devices. 

• Reply 43 of 82
    shelliz wrote: »

I don't see how they're blocking anything. 

It's not that they are blocking, but occupying a public space for a long time with their chairs, etc... as if that space belonged to them. They aren't bothering anyone, but imagine if everybody began doing this all the time for different products.
  • Reply 44 of 82

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBillyGoatGruff View Post

Are they in line for the iPhone 5 or the iPad Mini, though?

I slept through the initial pre-order (delivery on launch day) availability.  I don't know if I'll wait in line on Friday or not.  I had an issue the last time I purchased in store, and the guy activated on the spot.  My notes never synced from my old iP3GS to the iP4.  I swore that I would only accept delivery and activate through iTunes in the future.  I may give it a shot this time.  I haven't had any issues with iCloud syncing stuff between iOS devices. 

If you wanna get a 5 at a store AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc....just don't have them do any type of data transfer.  Sync your 4 with iTunes before you go to get the 5.  Have them activate your new 5 without any data transfer, take the new 5 home and sync it up.  This is what I do because I too, have lost notes, contacts, calendar events when the 'store' has done data transfer......just tell them you'll do it at home on iTunes, yourself......

• Reply 45 of 82

Quote:

Originally Posted by elehcdn View Post

Is that guy who tries to be the #1 guy in all these lines in the Apple NYC store line?

I read somewhere, that guy was NOT in this line.....there must have been a more important line somewhere else.......

• Reply 46 of 82

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

They aren't bothering anyone, but imagine if everybody began doing this all the time for different products.

Well, that's the whole point. Everybody doesn't do this all of the time for different products, especially not for shitty and crappy Android and Samsung phones.

I wouldn't wait in line for 1 single second for an Android phone and neither would the vast majority of sane people on this planet.

If there was ever a big line for any Android phone, everybody would know that it was a stunt and the people standing in line were paid actors, as very few people would be that stupid as to waste their time on complete garbage.

People waiting in line for Apple products is completely understandable, as there is an insane demand, and people would rather have it now, instead of weeks or months from now. If somebody is paying good money for a product, they might as well get as much use out of it as they can.

• Reply 47 of 82
    Apple II wrote: »
    Well, that's the whole point. Everybody doesn't do this all of the time for different products, especially not for shitty and crappy Android and Samsung phones.

I wouldn't wait in line for 1 single second for an Android phone and neither would the vast majority of sane people on this planet.

If there was ever a big line for any Android phone, everybody would know that it was a stunt and the people standing in line were paid actors, as very few people would be that stupid as to waste their time on complete garbage.

People waiting in line for Apple products is completely understandable, as there is an insane demand, and people would rather have it now, instead of weeks or months from now. If somebody is paying good money for a product, they might as well get as much use out of it as they can.

I understand, still I find them depressing to watch, and quite annoying frankly. It already happened in the past that police came and moved everybody out of their tents. They aren't even Apple fans, just there for stunt.
  • Reply 48 of 82

Quote:

I understand, still I find them depressing to watch, and quite annoying frankly. It already happened in the past that police came and moved everybody out of their tents. They aren't even Apple fans, just there for stunt.

Yeah, I know. The people who are there from the very beginning camping out for days are just doing it as a publicity stunt for some lame cause or site that they're trying to promote. At least they're better than the occupy wall street people, who are complete scum.

• Reply 49 of 82
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member

Maybe my lack of patience is a negative character trait, but I don't think I could stand waiting in line even for an hour.    

After the iPhone 4 (or maybe it was the 4s) was out a while, but still in short supply, I happened to be near an Apple mall store and stopped in and they said they could sell a phone to me instantly.   But the AT&T website was clogged up, so they couldn't update my account.   They told me I could wait on another line until AT&T got their act together, but I declined and never wound up buying the phone.   But my 3G is getting a bit "long in the tooth", so I will be upgrading this time, but I will not wait on any lines longer than ten minutes to do so.

IMO, someone hanging outside a store for four days to acquire something which they could obtain a few weeks or a month later without any problem whatsoever (or they could have preordered) is insanity.   I don't think it reflects well on Apple - I think it sends the message that Apple fanboys are nuts.    I might stand on a line for four days to save someone's life, but I'd probably still be pissed about it.    And really, even if it is all about promoting a web site, how much promotion will those sites really get?  The news media will only give them a six second response, if any.

• Reply 50 of 82

Quote:

Originally Posted by caliminius View Post

He's a troll because he thinks it stupid to queue up 4 days early for a phone? Okie dokie...

TS is hyper-protective.

We like it like that around here.... ;-)

• Reply 51 of 82

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

Maybe my lack of patience is a negative character trait.....

Actually, if lack of patience were genuinely a character trait, I am thinking that you might be waiting in line...... image

• Reply 52 of 82

Well as long as it gets them out of their parent's basement, nothing wrong with a little fresh air I suppose.

• Reply 53 of 82

Another indicator of the decline of western civilization: people who can and will sit in line for days for a phone that will have ample availability in a matter of weeks.  I love my 4s but would never have waited in a line of more than 10 minutes for it.

• Reply 54 of 82

I just had time to compile an application and here I am again called a troll by the biggest troll ever.

• Reply 55 of 82

I could never do that, that's why I prefer to stay up until midnight and preorder and just wait for it to come to my work. I'm not a patient line waiter though.

• Reply 56 of 82
    cookiepuss wrote: »
    Rain in the forecast tonight and tomorrow. Hope they have parkas.

Parkas? It's rain not snow.
  • Reply 57 of 82
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I'm thinking their moms are just happy they are out of the house for a change. :D

I'm surprised passers by don't throw spare change into a can. These guys should put a sign up that reads: "I'm living on streets of New York for iPhone 5, can you spare a dime?"
  • Reply 58 of 82
    jeffdm wrote: »
    If that were the case, I'd want to look better than a hobo..

Correction: HOBOS WITH MACBOOKS. Have open wi-fi, will live anywhere.
  • Reply 59 of 82
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member

Quote:

Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

And how many are waiting outside the stores for Samsung launches? That is the difference.

Yet we have not seen a action by samsung trying to discredit Apple fans outside waiting to get their new phone.  Can you imagine Apple fans and samsung protesters clashing.  MY GOD MAN!

• Reply 60 of 82
    tylerk36 wrote: »
    Yet we have not seen a action by samsung trying to discredit Apple fans outside waiting to get their new phone.  Can you imagine Apple fans and samsung protesters clashing.  MY GOD MAN!

Because people have lives and better things to do.