Apple announces 4th-gen iPad with A6X CPU, FaceTime HD camera

Comments

• Reply 61 of 151

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Bon Bon. View Post

STUNNING!

APPLE JUST KICKED THE DOORS DOWN ON THE REST OF THE MOBILE INDUSTRY!

Lemon Bon Bon.

Agreed.

Now if they could only do the same for the Desktop/Workstation world I'd be one satisfied alumnus.

• Reply 62 of 151
    Nice screw job by Apple on all who bought the "new iPad". Apple, please include a tube of KY in all future iPad packaging!!
  • Reply 63 of 151

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKLofu View Post

I still have an iPad 1 - it's fine. Still does exactly what it said it would, still love it.

Got mine as well. Though, I will be getting the iPad 4. Gives me both ends to target development options.

• Reply 64 of 151
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesomorphicman View Post

Interesting they updated the regular iPad now... two questions I wonder about:

1) Does this mean going forward all iPad announcements will be October/November? (As the iPhone announcement has changed recently)

2) Is there no iPad "5" launch in April as most expected or will there be updates every six months?

Will have to wait to see. The mini is very good for people like me who didn't want to pay $500+ for an iPad but $330 is a lot easier to swallow and get the same device (just smaller).

That new iMac is extremely nice, amazing how they can make a desktop that thin. You know HP, Dell (etc) are all scratching their heads now and racing around like chickens throwing away all their plans and designs.

Thank you, Steve Jobs and team.

1 - No

2 - Unless someone has a crystal ball, no one knows.

3 - Steve Jobs is dead.  This was a product of the company called Apple Inc.  You should thank them. 

• Reply 65 of 151

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy C View Post

So with my extended coverage can I "break" my iPad3 and get the new 4th Gen?

If I wait a few months, 2-3, they should be out of 3rd gen stock so maybe..

It's amazing how willing some people are to commit fraud.

• Reply 66 of 151
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    cameronj wrote: »
    It's amazing how willing some people are to commit fraud.

We had a president commit fraud why are you surprised if anyone else does?
  • Reply 67 of 151

Originally Posted by Sinthor View Post

…if they had this, why release the iPad 3 without the A6 only a few months ago?

… Probably because they didn't have this.

Originally Posted by Easy C View Post

So with my extended coverage can I "break" my iPad3 and get the new 4th Gen?

If I wait a few months, 2-3, they should be out of 3rd gen stock so maybe..

That's called insurance fraud, and if you had any sense or intelligence whatsoever you wouldn't do this. And no, you'll have to wait multiple years for them to be "out of 3rd gen stock".

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

What spring launch would that be?

Bingo. 

Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

I detect another reason they did not call it the iPad 3!

What's that? Actually, what's ANY reason?

Originally Posted by peter236 View Post

They are changing the upgrade cycle to 6 months now.

No, that's not something that anyone can say at all.

• Reply 68 of 151

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

If they stop making them then it is technically obsolete.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

• Reply 69 of 151
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Any change in weight or thickness? That's what's holding me back from upgrading my iPad 2 - the iPad 3 is too heavy IMO.
  • Reply 70 of 151

Quote:

We had a president commit fraud why are you surprised if anyone else does?

I happen to be surprised when ANYONE is willing to commit fraud.  I'm kinda an absolutist in that way, not a relativist.  Stop trying to turn an unrelated discussion into politics.

• Reply 71 of 151

I'm just wondering if Apple just cancelled future spring releases of the iPad and moved it to the fall for Christmas sales.

Maybe this is just a fluke, but I can't imagine that Apple would ever increase the number of individual product releases each year.  There wouldn't be as much of a product frenzy.

Though, if Apple comes out with an A7 with a quad-core Swift with PowerVR G6400 next spring for a new iPad I wouldn't complain.

• Reply 72 of 151
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Sssss...Sayonara...Ssss...Surface....

Sssss...Sayonara...Ssss...Sammy....

Not directly replying to you, but in general.

I recall when Apple laptops/desktops were nowhere near top of (hardware) performance, people around here were commonly saying raw performance is really pointless compared to user experience.

Now Apple releases faster version of latest iPad, six months earlier, obviously trying to undermine competition's releases, with same, old, a bit boring OS, and suddenly Universe is doomed.

Pathetic lack of principals.

Apparently people who were repeating that "performance vs. experience" mantra were right.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6387/asus-vivotab-rt-review
  • Reply 73 of 151
    No, that's not something that anyone can say at all.

Ummm they just did it, so how can it not be said?
  • Reply 74 of 151

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnalogJack View Post

I would guess that they'll be sold as 'refurbished' but they'll be new.

I don't think so. I guess they can sell the still-in-the-channel iPad3 for enterprise customers with special deal as they may always do that anyways, in high volume orders.

• Reply 75 of 151
    smalmsmalm Posts: 677member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creep View Post

Your assertion that the 3 didn't offer any compelling reasons to upgrade over the ipad2 was stated by just about every major review, and is supported by performance metrics.

And reality showed they were all stupids!

Ask any iPad 3 owner if they are willing to go back to the iPad 2. They will simply laugh at you.

• Reply 76 of 151

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

I detect another reason they did not call it the iPad 3!

I was just thinking the same thing - even more logic to why numbering was dropped (this release was obviously on the cards before the 3rd gen was announced)

• Reply 77 of 151
    I happen to be surprised when ANYONE is willing to commit fraud.  I'm kinda an absolutist in that way, not a relativist.  Stop trying to turn an unrelated discussion into politics.

And you've never once slacked off at work, you're 100% productive 100% of the time? You're basically committing fraud if you have ever slacked off. People cheat all the time regardless of race, religion, creed, and class.
  • Reply 78 of 151

Ummm they just did it, so how can it not be said?

Apologies, it's not something that anyone who expects to be taken seriously for any reason would say. 

People cheat all the time regardless of race, religion, creed, and class.

And in the same vein, are you honestly claiming that that has any sort of comparison with someone consciously, and possibly orally, stating outright that he plans to commit fraud for the purpose of stealing something? 

• Reply 79 of 151
    I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Look it up.
  • Reply 80 of 151
    Apologies, it's not something that anyone who expects to be taken seriously for any reason would say.

That would've been true yesterday if someone had claimed Apple was coming out with a 4th gen iPad today, but surprise surprise they did just that, so now history shows that Apple has refreshed a device in less than a years time so why would saying they'd do again not be taken seriously?
    And in the same vein, are you honestly claiming that that has any sort of comparison with someone consciously, and possibly orally, stating outright that he plans to commit fraud for the purpose of stealing something?

Stop being such a Boy Scout, people do it all the time and even brag about it. Why do you think medical insurance has skyrocketed? because of rampant fraud by doctors. Has a doctor ever told you "don't worry I'll eat the deductible?", he's not eating it the insurance company is.