Apple posts new notice saying Samsung didn't copy iPad on UK website

Comments

• Reply 21 of 188

Quote:

Originally Posted by wshuff4 View Post

The Judge's statement that Samsung's tablet is not as cool as Apple's will forever be a part of the official record. I'd use that all over the website. "iPad. Adjudged Cooler Than the Competition.""iPad, cooler than Samsung tablets" is the right statement.  If they use the competition, then the judge might make Apple repost a sorry statement in their website

• Reply 22 of 188
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member

Seeing as the new notice is a little harsher than it needed to be (with regards to being so emphatic about being upheld by the appeal court and in force through the European Union), had Apple not been so smart assed the first time (not that I didn't think it was funny), I guess that someone's ear has received a bit of a caning. 

• Reply 23 of 188

Quote:

Originally Posted by replicant View Post

If I were Apple, I would simply put every effort in making sure that the UK does not get any business from Apple. Apple should boycott the British businesses and partners. Fire the ad agency,  architecture firm and all else. This should send a clear message especially now when the UK gov is trying to recrute IT firms and become a "silicon valley" of Europe. 

Money talks. 

Good that you r not the ceo of apple, or else AAPL would have dropped overnight from $570s to $470s

• Reply 24 of 188

Quote:

If I were Apple, I would simply put every effort in making sure that the UK does not get any business from Apple. Apple should boycott the British businesses and partners. Fire the ad agency,  architecture firm and all else. This should send a clear message especially now when the UK gov is trying to recrute IT firms and become a "silicon valley" of Europe. 

Money talks. 

Why would Apple take its frustration out on the British people ?

This judge's view does not represent national opinion.

It is a bad decision, the judge is an idiot.

Apple will move on.

• Reply 25 of 188

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnalogJack View Post

Seeing as the new notice is a little harsher than it needed to be (with regards to being so emphatic about being upheld by the appeal court and in force through the European Union), had Apple not been so smart assed the first time (not that I didn't think it was funny), I guess that someone's ear has received a bit of a caning. 

I think you are right here.  had apple not tried to be a smart ass the first place, it could have easily gotten away with simply a not-so-visible link in their website.  Seeing Cook's recent humble and straightforward behavior (apologizing for Maps and firing Scott for not doing so), it is hard to comprehend he tried to be a smart ass here.  May be he gambled imagining the judge would not get back to them on this, or it was not his decision.  In that case, we can expect another firing soon ................

• Reply 26 of 188

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutus009 View Post

How did this guy not get Apple's CEO position? ^^

Who the hell is Tim Cook, anyway?

You go get those crazy Brits, replicant!

Yeah!

If it were not for one of those "crazy" Brits (Ive), AAPL would have been in the dust by now in this 1 year after SJ

• Reply 27 of 188
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSteelers View Post

Doesn't matter anymore.  The first posted verbiage was far more damaging than this.  People will remember the "Not as cool as the iPad" phrase, 

Dumb judge shot himself in the foot with that statement. 

Apple got his number on it, and he took it very personally. Because Apple made him look like the FOOL that he is. 

Apple wins, in any case. 

• Reply 28 of 188
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Quote:

If I were Apple, I would simply put every effort in making sure that the UK does not get any business from Apple. 

LOL there would probably be riots. I remember either a Chinese or Taiwnanese official a few months ago remarking that, hypothetically, a ban on apple gear would not sit well at all with consumers in that country (tongue-in-cheek.)

• Reply 29 of 188

Quote:

Money talks. 

If I were Apple I would charge a premium for Apple devices to any judge in the UK, unless they apologized. Not for the ruling. For looking silly in those wigs.

• Reply 30 of 188
    Apple would have lost time, money and goodwill if they hadn't complied like this. Now they can move on and concentrate on more constructive things. Good decision!

I wonder how the message might change during the time it's supposed to be up.
  • Reply 31 of 188
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

Which tablet? And where exactly?

The "smoothly", "shipped" tablets, which are now reported by Samsung as "delivered".

As uncool as a UK High court judge's use of "not as cool as" in a ruling.

• Reply 32 of 188

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Amhran View Post

Unnecessary. Apple should not have been made to do this.

sweet!  That's what Apple gets for starting all those frivolous lawsuits.

• Reply 33 of 188
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by periodd View Post

I guess Samsung felt the same way when the US judge foolishly awarded $1B fine to them

The judge didn't award damages, the jury did.

There's nothing like the usual ignorance to start my day.

• Reply 34 of 188

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Still, yes. I assume Apple sponsored his green card. His nationality is still listed as "British." However, "British" is a very broad label. Ive has nothing to do with the country's judiciary system.

Yes obviously Ive has nothing to do with it...I was just saying that it is a shame that the UK court does not recognize the Apple IP related to the iPad which is designed by Brit.

• Reply 35 of 188

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoradala View Post

Why would Apple take its frustration out on the British people ?

This judge's view does not represent national opinion.

It is a bad decision, the judge is an idiot.

Apple will move on.

I think my comment was taken out of context... I don't think Apple should take it out on th UK people but it should assert its IP with its huge economical leverage. That is all. Anyways, I am sure Apple does not need my help on this.  

• Reply 36 of 188
    Wow, thanks Apple, now I know that the Galaxy tab doesn't rip off your design. I wouldn't have known otherwise from all your public statements taking stabs at it. Thanks for clearing up the record. :lol:
  • Reply 37 of 188

Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

sweet!  That's what Apple gets for starting all those frivolous lawsuits.

All zero of them.

• Reply 38 of 188
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    All zero of them.

$1 billion awarded to Apple plus many injunctions against Samsung products in many countries v. one country requiring a notice on a cryptic legalese notice on a website that doesn't say that Samsung didn't infringe on any Apple patents only that in the case in question that court didn't find that Samsung infringed. Only an idiot or a high deluded individual would think Apple isn't far ahead in these legal proceedings.
  • Reply 39 of 188

world's richest company.. very expensive lawyers, ,and they have to do it again.??????.

if it doesn't work this time... Timmy will have to make a public apology...

• Reply 40 of 188
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

A tool that talks?

Just askin'...

Quote:

That's what Apple gets for starting all those frivolous lawsuits

Which lawsuits exactly are you referring to ?