Apple looks to add Samsung's Galaxy Note 10.1, Google's Jelly Bean OS to lawsuit

Comments

• Reply 41 of 63
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

I guess I'm a little confused.  If he's a zombie, why is his post still up?  Ban him, do a techstud-wipe from existence and be done with it.  Am I missing something?

Something from the other day (I think it was Sunday) confused me.  Checking who was logged in I found. . .

Tekstud! Seriously. 

How is someone banned still logging in under their username?

• Reply 42 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by boeyc15 View Post

Darn tooting if I invented the door knob I would patent it...and any variation I can think of.

Just because it 'seems' easy and obvious does not make it so. Just as an excersize, off the top of your head, can you describe the inner workings of a door latch and how it works?

Yes, this customer had enough of Apple... enough to buy a rMBP and say wow what a computer!

Samsung's designs still copied most everything from Apple. If you look at what they had BEFORE, and then after going into production for the Apple devices, immediately AFTER, then it's a clear case of cloning.

The argument gets trivialized on "patents for rounded corners" -- but really, the interaction with "pads" is obvious, because everyone quickly took the iPhone and iPad interfaces and adopted them.

I would prefer a more open IP system that rewarded innovation, but didn't prevent others adopting things that are fairly obvious, or necessary. But THIS is the system we live under, and if Apple doesn't defend what they developed, they lose it.

And Samsung is just the biggest IP thief around -- why is everyone cheering for them? You'd at least think there might be a desire for a US company to win, if only for provincial reasons. 

If companies that innovate don't defend themselves, a manufacturing juggernaut like Samsung can just bury them by mass producing their own designs. Then a market gets killed, and innovation is dead -- Samsung still makes money, and is onto the Next IP opportunity to crush. They make all the stuff we used to, in case nobody noticed.

• Reply 43 of 63

These lawsuits against Google is nothing.  Thermonuclear war is flaming up the antitrust issue on Google.   Hopefully, it will receive the same treatment as Microsoft.

• Reply 44 of 63
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Give it a break Apple.  Enough already with the petty lawsuits.  If you invented the door knob, you'd want to patent it. Even your customers had enough.

This is no different than every other company. Samsung, Moto etc have sued Apple as much as Apple has sued them.

And Apple has a right to protect their IP, especially nonSEP that they are not legally bound to license that has been violated
  • Reply 45 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickApple View Post

Give it a break Apple.  Enough already with the petty lawsuits.  If you invented the door knob, you'd want to patent it. Even your customers had enough.

I'm both a customer and a stockholder, and no way have I had enough.  Speak for yourself but not for the rest of us!

• Reply 46 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Something from the other day (I think it was Sunday) confused me.  Checking who was logged in I found. . .

Tekstud! Seriously. 

How is someone banned still logging in under their username?

Yeah, conradjoe and zzz, too. LOL sounds like the forum script isn't done baking yet.

• Reply 47 of 63

Quote:

Right on! Even customers agree: Apple should please YOU by allowing competitors to copy everything.

EVERYTHING. FOR FREE. WE INVENT SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO. FREE DOOR KNOBS FOR ALL.

• Reply 48 of 63
    boeyc15 wrote: »
    Darn tooting if I invented the door knob I would patent it...and any variation I can think of.
    Just because it 'seems' easy and obvious does not make it so. Just as an excersize, off the top of your head, can you describe the inner workings of a door latch and how it works?

Yes, this customer had enough of Apple... enough to buy a rMBP and say wow what a computer!

Me too! That's why I sold my iPod touch, 2 apple TVs and time capsule on eBay and bought a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7; all I have left is an imac!
  • Reply 49 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fake_William_Shatner View Post

The argument gets trivialized on "patents for rounded corners" -- but really, the interaction with "pads" is obvious, because everyone quickly took the iPhone and iPad interfaces and adopted them.

Interaction? You mean something as simple as touching the screen which results in some sort of action? Wow I'm impressed.

Interface? You mean a bunch of icons representing different apps spread around evenly on a flat touchscreen surface?

So, before the iPhone there were no icons, no touchscreens, no applications, no smartphones???

Aha all these things existed even before.

So does that mean Apple copied and put all of these features into iPhone and later iPad?

Of course.

• Reply 50 of 63
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

Quote:

Give it a break Apple.  Enough already with the petty lawsuits.

Which "petty" lawsuits are you referring to and what do they have to do with this story?

• Reply 51 of 63
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jingers View Post

all I have left is an imac!

Whatcha waitin' for?

• Reply 52 of 63
    gtr wrote: »
    I'm sorry, Absolute.

It's not my job to educate you.

That was your mom and pop's job.

in other words you're simply shouting off random sound bites with no actual way to back anything up.

All you needed to say.
  • Reply 53 of 63
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

in other words you're simply shouting off random sound bites with no actual way to back anything up.

All you needed to say.

Actually, no.

I just have insanely good time management skills that recognise when it's worth debating a point with somebody who may actually recognise alternative viewpoints, and somebody who couldn't do that if they tried.

How are things in the hospital?

• Reply 54 of 63
    It's about time Apple went after the main nemesis Google. Google really did copy a lot from ios with Android 4.1, it adds fluidity and more of a buttery smooth experience which copies ios 6, among other things. Google needs to learn a valuable lesson that it can't blatantly copy Apples intellectual property and patents.
  • Reply 55 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

It's great that you have a preference for Android and the "HW" it offers. No one reasonable would deny you your opinion of what you like better, but your reasons regarding HW don't sound rational. You'll have to be specific about the variety of "HW" if you want your comment to be taken seriously.

rational ? reason or understanding ? It's just my opinion and likes/dislikes but.....

I am referring more to the physical characteristics of the hardware eg. screen size, physical dimension choices, ability to add/remove external storage, battery replacement etc. That kind of stuff.

• Reply 56 of 63
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by quest01 View Post

It's about time Apple went after the main nemesis Google. Google really did copy a lot from ios with Android 4.1, it adds fluidity and more of a buttery smooth experience which copies ios 6, among other things. 

The patent for "smooth" quite plainly belongs to Samsung, not Apple.image

• Reply 57 of 63
    quest01 wrote: »
    It's about time Apple went after the main nemesis Google. Google really did copy a lot from ios with Android 4.1, it adds fluidity and more of a buttery smooth experience which copies ios 6, among other things. Google needs to learn a valuable lesson that it can't blatantly copy Apples intellectual property and patents.

You can't "copy" smoothness...

Apple doesn't have a patent on "smoothness and fluidity"

I sincerenly hope you're joking.

Next you're going to tell me that Google copied the Notification Shade from Apple's Notification Center.
  • Reply 58 of 63
    gtr wrote: »
    Actually, no.

I just have insanely good time management skills that recognise when it's worth debating a point with somebody who may actually recognise alternative viewpoints, and somebody who couldn't do that if they tried.

How are things in the hospital?

So Ad hominem is your response?

cute.

I've asked repeatedly for anyone to tell me anything Android specifically copied from iOS that initially belonged to Apple that is not in wide usage elsewhere.

"heuristics for a heuristic motion at 1mm from edge of screen herp derp." is what a majority of these lawsuits are about. Look and feel is Samsung's game....

so Android 1.0 - 4.2 what aspects of iOS 1.0 - 6.0 have been copied obviously and wholesale?

I'm talking features as obvious as the notification center.
  • Reply 59 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by quest01 View Post

Google really did copy a lot from ios with Android 4.1, it adds fluidity and more of a buttery smooth experience which copies ios 6

I hope that's a sarcasm. image

• Reply 60 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

You can't "copy" smoothness...

Apple doesn't have a patent on "smoothness and fluidity"

I sincerenly hope you're joking.

Next you're going to tell me that Google copied the Notification Shade from Apple's Notification Center.

In essence you can because iOS1 to ios 6 have always had a buttery smooth, and fluid user experience while all of a sudden Android 4.1 contains project butter that blatantly copies ios in terms of fluidity. I think Apple has a point here to go after Android 4.1 to try in there best interests to remove project butter and revert back to Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich.