Editorial: What WWDC 2013 tells us about Apple

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 142
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

[...] First thing I thought of when I saw it is Apple wants people to have fun with their devices.

First thing I thought of when I saw it was Justin Bieber clutching a "Hello Kitty" toy.  Which isn't necessarily contrary to what you thought, but it does sorta raise questions about which people Apple wants to have fun? Are tweens really Apple's target market?

It won't influence my buying decisions because the surface appearance is just superficial, but it's my opinion that we've found Jony's weak suit. Horrid, utterly hideous. I'm no expert, but it strikes me as... well, "amateurish." It's the UI equivalent of dressing blindfolded in a clown's closet. Flamboyant, childish, incongruous and impossible to take seriously.

• Reply 142 of 142
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

Quote:

Originally Posted by saarek View Post

Most so called comparisons are by people who are able to build their own PC from scratch & can achieve a significant saving this way.

Naturally these people ignore the fact that the average person cannot/has no wish to go this route & also refuse to recognise the quality of Apples design and casing materials.

Indeed. you cant win over someone who will build its PC's in a wooden box because he absolutly dont care about form factor. weight, looks or fan noise. All they want is specs and when you do that yes you can beat Apple prices.