Not to be outdone by Apple's iPhone 5s, Samsung pledges 64-bit chips in next Galaxy phones

Comments

• Reply 21 of 231
    kedakeda Posts: 722member

Also, the volume future Samsung phones will go to eleven.

• Reply 22 of 231

Of course they do because Apple does all of the R&D for Samsung.

• Reply 23 of 231
    Who build the A7 chip is Samesung looks so surprised and tries to sell hot air now?
  • Reply 24 of 231

Also, from now on Samsung Executives will wear jeans, sneakers and black turtlenecks to all product announcements

• Reply 25 of 231
    Me too, me too!
  • Reply 26 of 231
    Samsung's next gen I will be able to run 8 x the malware at the same time and upload your personal data to twice as many Chinese and Russian hackers as current models.
    Lololol!
  • Reply 27 of 231

running 32-bit apps on a 32-bit OS.

...from a 2-bit company.

• Reply 28 of 231
    What good is 64 bit hardware without 64 bit software? I think it may take Google a while to get Android at 64 bit so this is another marketing ploy by Samsung. Why doesn't the article mention this? As Apple said others aren't even talking about it.
  • Reply 29 of 231
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Samsung's next gen I will be able to run 8 x the malware at the same time and upload your personal data to twice as many Chinese and Russian hackers as current models.

+1

• Reply 30 of 231
    There is NOTHING Koreans won't copy. Samsung should be renamed Monkey See.
  • Reply 31 of 231

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but our own NSA far outstrips China and Russia in terms of hacking, spying and built-in backdoor access.
  • Reply 32 of 231
    If ever Google wanted to go with a Chrome OS and leave Android to wither, as some have proposed, Chrome 64 seems like a good place to do it.
  • Reply 33 of 231
    tourun wrote: »
    What good is 64 bit hardware without 64 bit software? I think it may take Google a while to get Android at 64 bit so this is another marketing ploy by Samsung. Why doesn't the article mention this? As Apple said others aren't even talking about it.

First, I don't disagree with you at all. But we don't know what kit kat is going to be, as far as I know, nor does Apple so while I, too, believe it, just because Apple said its true doesn't mean it is
  • Reply 34 of 231
    Competition is good. Heaven forfend the day we should see only one mobile device maker.
  • Reply 35 of 231

Monkey see...monkey do.  There's a surprise.

• Reply 36 of 231
    macxpress wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking...Android I don't believe even supports 64-bit processing so whats the use? And, I don't believe there to be any kind of developer kit to make things 64-bit on Android. 

With the RAM increases nearing 4 GBs they just about have to go 64-bit.
  • Reply 37 of 231
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

Let's face it, they need all the speed they can get to power that pig of an OS.

I don't know why they don't buy Blackberry.  I'm no expert, but from what I've heard it's a modern OS built on a unique Unix kernel.  

At least it would give them something to build on that makes more sense than a rip-off of Java bolted onto a rip-off of Unix.  

• Reply 38 of 231

They better hope Kit Kat is 64bit and there is app support for it by then.  LoL Shamesung!

• Reply 39 of 231
    mhiklmhikl Posts: 471member
    SamScream's copiers are hot and ready, as usual. It wasn't as if Apple designed and had its 64 chips ready to roar in a weekend but even with Apple's roadmap, the great copier will have its hands full in this little choir. I'm sure Apple's legal teem is up and ready to roar. This side show act will be hailed as progressive by the media. SamO'Sam, charge ahead. :no:
  • Reply 40 of 231
    Oh great, here comes the 64 bit processor race. Because we all need to open Instagram or Facebook *that* much faster in our daily lives. Sigh.