Microsoft continues its attack on Apple with new ads panning iPhone 5c & 5s colors [u]

Comments

• Reply 101 of 183
    Everyone should consider that everyone aims at #1. By claiming imitation and irrelevance on the part of Apple, as part of Microsoft's marketing is acknowledging at the very least, they are even further behind. Keep it coming Samsung, Microsoft, Nokia... just proving you are still a distant competitor targeting #1.
  • Reply 102 of 183

Yet another version

• Reply 103 of 183
    Microsoft cant defend what they're selling. So they try and slam the competition. Just like politicians do. Apple Rocks!!!
  • Reply 104 of 183
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Dude, you've already proven over and over again that you are an extremely old, pure-white, sexist, homophobic guy.  We get it already okay?  

Just go gently into that good night and leave the future for the rest of us.  

Also, it's about what people think and say, not what they look like or who they sleep with.  Rachel Maddow, whether you agree with her politics or not, is an extremely smart incisive and knowledgeable person.  You on the other hand are not.  

If somebody is going to make off topic, snide remarks targeting Fox, which is common among rabid liberals, then I will certainly reply and point out the hypocrisy of these people.

Don't get your panties all wet, because I did not begin the off topic remarks. And no, I do not agree that Maddow is an extremely smart or knowledgeable person. They are nothing but a propagandist for the current admin.

• Reply 105 of 183
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Dude, you've already proven over and over again that you are an extremely old, pure-white, sexist, homophobic guy.  We get it already okay?  

Just go gently into that good night and leave the future for the rest of us.  

Also, it's about what people think and say, not what they look like or who they sleep with.  Rachel Maddow, whether you agree with her politics or not, is an extremely smart incisive and knowledgeable person.  You on the other hand are not.  

Thank you. Saved me the trouble of writing a long reply! :P

• Reply 106 of 183
    Negativity has never been a selling point, even when you point it out with your competitors. When was the last time a guy convinced a girl to go out with him by putting down ALL the other men.
    Lead by example, not from behind.

The most frustrating part of all this is that you can clearly see that the high end game of marketing is truly run by a$$holes, at least when it comes to Microsoft and Samsung.

Samsung: u wait in line for iPhone? You are stupid! Buy my phone instead, make up for small penis with big screen that no fit in pocket!

Microsoft: "Look how stupid Apple, who is mopping the floor with us in this industry, is! I guess that makes us retarded."
  • Reply 107 of 183

Interesting how desperate some of them can get to grab attention! How about grabbing attention with really cool phones?

• Reply 108 of 183
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Hey MS,

what's that stuff the iPhone 3G and 3GS are made of?

Just wondering is all.

My iPhone 5 already takes 28 Megapixel panoramas

10 shots per second from a camera phone is pretty impressive.

120 fps slow mo

64 bit

Who wants plastic anyway?

• Reply 109 of 183
    The video they should be ashamed of is the one where Balmer bashes the iPhone when it's first announced. Ha!
  • Reply 110 of 183

While Microsoft post it's "We want a shit storm attack", Apple user are celebrating iTunes Festival! 

• Reply 111 of 183
    I wonder if they realize that you can't "pull" anything off the web. Once BuzzFeed picks it up, it's over.

Now, by pulling it, they look like idiots confirming that this was in bad taste.
  • Reply 112 of 183
    Wasn't it Apple who started the whole mudslinging movement with the "I'm a Mac" ads?
  • Reply 113 of 183
    Originally Posted by Electromikey View Post

Wasn't it Apple who started the whole mudslinging movement with the "I'm a Mac" ads?

Don't you have a phone orgy to attend? How about actually learning history before talking about it.

• Reply 114 of 183
    storneo wrote: »
    The video they should be ashamed of is the one where Balmer bashes the iPhone when it's first announced. Ha!

Show me a video of someone lauding a competitor's product? It rarely happens if it all.
  • Reply 115 of 183

Those were tasteful and amusing, this one is tasteless garbage.
  • Reply 116 of 183

Microsoft/Nokia are non-starters in mobile post-2007. MS first, and then a bit later with Nokia jointly, release a me-too platform that is redundant and pointless. Much like the Zune. And consumers have responded to this platform in much the same way as they responded to the Zune: largely ignoring it. 

MS has failed to execute on product (nothing attractive enough to shake up the segment) and on timing (too late.) So in other words, typical MS. But what has changed now is that their frustrations have taken them to a new low, and this ad is a case in point. 

• Reply 117 of 183
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Not true. Apple wasn't mocking the users, it was mocking Windows.

Same reason I'll never buy a Samsung product again. As in this ad, they were mocking the users of the iPhone, not the phone or the operating system.

Great way to alienate an entire market segment!

• Reply 118 of 183
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tribalogical View Post

What a great, relevant and oh-so-true ad that was. 

That said, I think the guy you replied to was referring specifically to the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" ads…? In those, Apple poked fun sympathetically at the PC itself, not the users.  No-one is saying that Apple never ever went after the market (users included).

The point of this ad wasn't even about putting down PC users so much as pointing out how MS's market really was at the time. Most people used MS/Windows because "everyone else did" and it was "the standard".

1984 was aimed at IBM, not MS or Windows. Windows did not yet exist.

• Reply 119 of 183
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Show me a video of someone lauding a competitor's product? It rarely happens if it all.

True but look how wrong Ballmer turned out to be.
  • Reply 120 of 183
    This ads already online on other YouTube user