5.5" 'iPhone 6' said to launch in limited quantities on Sept. 19 alongside 4.7" model

Comments

• Reply 41 of 88
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    I thought I wanted the 4.7 inch phone but now I want the 5.5 inch phone. I'd take either though TBQH if the only difference is the size rather than the screen quality.
  • Reply 42 of 88

* Retrieved my inappropriate comment.

• Reply 43 of 88
    total wrote: »
    so now there will 3 different iphone sizes, thats little bit confusing and i think apple is losing its uniqueness. 

Hahaha, you think 3 different iPhones are confusing? Wow! It's really not confusing at all.
  • Reply 44 of 88
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member

I would be thrilled if Apple had three sizes of phones and three sizes of iPads. I hope they release everything the same day.

• Reply 45 of 88

I have been one of the guys that has resisted having a phone too large to carry and answer. However, now that I have a Pebble smart watch and a bluetooth ear-piece, the truth is that I really don't have much of a reason to fumble around to find my phone and put it up to my ear to answer calls. And, since I am now carrying an iPad most everywhere, I have a tech bag that my iPhone stays in that I answer with my bluetooth when notified of a call by my smart watch. On top of that, I really don't even take many calls nowadays since many of the conversations I used to take on my phone are now text conversations. That said, with the popup keyboard, there isn't a lot of space for the text message box.

Never thought that I would say this, but I will likely be looking at the bigger, 5.5" iPhone when it goes on sale.

• Reply 46 of 88
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Bloggerblog, you're a known troll on this forum yet I would never say something so vile even to someone like you. You don't think thats disgusting? Telling someone they should kill themselves? And then claiming that person would be doing people a "favor"? Pretty filthy. Its obvious my response was in jest, to verbalize that I'm fed up with the particular 5.5" phone rumors. It's a common figure of speech. But your response shows everyone on this forum the type of classless, callous person you truly are. Asking someone to kill themselves now because it will do a favor to others should definitely be a bannable offense. 

Actually, I take back what I said before, it was very inappropriate, even if I were only jesting. I'm sorry

• Reply 47 of 88
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

Actually, I take back what I said before, it was very inappropriate, even if I were only jesting. I'm sorry

Apology accepted. Thank you. 

Although I'm not buying the "jesting" bit, that's a lie.  The comment was made with a large degree of hatred. 

To clarify, here's an example of a jest: Just make sure if you shoot yourself, you give me your Apple products first ;)

Non-jest: Please just shoot yourself now, and do us all a favor. 

The 1st is from a place of hatred and vitriol. The 2nd is from a place of humor.  See the difference? 

• Reply 48 of 88

you need to find something else to do.  You are the last person that should be talking about "class"

• Reply 49 of 88
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    That escalated quickly.
  • Reply 50 of 88
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    pazuzu wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to me why I should be so excited about a larger iPhone when for years I was told by Apple that I don't want one?

Apple never told you that....

To clarify:

Steve Jobs may have once pointed out reasons why Apple did not think the larger phones was a good idea. The biggest reason was most people want to be able to operate the phone with one hand. The latest rumors suggest Apple may have found a software solution for that particular problem.

No one from Apple ever told you what you want.
  • Reply 51 of 88
    anomeanome Posts: 1,544member
    pazuzu wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to me why I should be so excited about a larger iPhone when for years I was told by Apple that I don't want one?
    More to the point, when the iPhone was first announced all the pundits made fun of how big it was. Remember the thing about changing hand models on the website? Now the same pundits are complaining it's too small.

cnocbui wrote: »

Pssssttt...

I heard that if you have a 5.5" iPhone and visit Stonehenge with it at midnight on the winter solstice, a very interesting phenomenon will occur.
    What? The druids will point at you and make fun of you for having a ridiculously large phone?
  • Reply 52 of 88
    You realize you can double tap the screen to zoom, right? Bigger screen ? bigger pixels.
    In the case it's not working, you can go to setting then accecability, bold, larger fonts, zoom(triple tap then) and then your covered.
  • Reply 53 of 88
    Quote:

If I hear another rumor about the fucking 5.5" model I'm gonna fucking shoot myself. We've ran the gamut of every single permutation of launch possibilities for that model, AI, have some damn class and wait for the damn keynote before publishing more shit like this. 

NEWSFLASH: this is a rumour site. Calm down.

• Reply 54 of 88
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DewMe View Post

The speculation rodeo only has 24 hours to play out. Woo hoo!

Start queuing up your Chinese factory spy shots of the iPhone 7.

On a related note, Samsung to announce its new product strategy on September 10, 2014, 10:00 AM PDT.

You're a year out. Next year is the iPhone 6s, iPhone 6c and iPhone 5sc.

• Reply 55 of 88
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Go ahead and use the fakes/reals of the leaked physical pictures of the iPhone, AI. At least they’re better than that mockup.

Do these mockup bozos think Jony Ive will notice and hire them or something?

Maybe. Who's to say? I don't know the bozos cited, so I can't elaborate any more on your speculation, I'm afraid.

• Reply 56 of 88
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

Serious question%u2026

If quantities run out of 5.5", if limited availability, which is the best way to put in order for one: Online with Apple to place order, visit your local Apple Store to place order, Visit the cell carrier you are using to place order or something else?

I seem to recall how some ordered new iMac, I think, from Apple when availability was limited and were still waiting when others who had placed order a different way were having order fulfilled sooner.

Any comments? Thanks.

Beg, borrow or steal.

• Reply 57 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

When the iPhone was released, it was the largest phone around with the largest display. It was revolutionary.

Things do change you know, and 2007 is not 2014.

Now there are various size iPhones, and this way, virtually everybody can and should be happy.

In seven years time from now, in 2021, quite a few things will have changed from today too.

A 7.5" iPhone? Save us.

• Reply 58 of 88
    Quote:

Originally Posted by total View Post

so now there will 3 different iphone sizes, thats little bit confusing and i think apple is losing its uniqueness. 

I couldn't agree more.

How the hell are we supposed to hold more than three things in our head at once? Just reading your post of 93 letters and 20 words is boggling my mind; at least none of your words were more than three syllables, though I would have preferred you to stick to two syllable words, as I find three syllables a little bit confusing.

• Reply 59 of 88
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

Quote:

If I hear another rumor about the fucking 5.5" model I'm gonna fucking shoot myself. We've ran the gamut of every single permutation of launch possibilities for that model, AI, have some damn class and wait for the damn keynote before publishing more shit like this. 

Pssssttt...

I heard that if you have a 5.5" iPhone and visit Stonehenge with it at midnight on the winter solstice, a very interesting phenomenon will occur.

Indeed. Your gonads will freeze over.

• Reply 60 of 88
    Quote:

I heard that the 5.5" probably won't come with 256GB of storage. Better go get your gun, Annie. lol