Photos show Michael Fassbender as Steve Jobs, Seth Rogen as Steve Wozniak in upcoming film

Comments

• Reply 21 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Ok Seth- will do.

Good one.  Got me laughing.

• Reply 22 of 80
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member

Slow-motion train wreck 25% complete.

• Reply 23 of 80
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member

I didn't need to see JOBS (and still haven't) to know the movie was going to iBomb while it was being made.

• Reply 24 of 80
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    bdkennedy1 wrote: »
    I didn't need to see JOBS to know the movie was going to iBomb while it was being made.

I'm looking forward to the Broadway version- JOBS the Musical.
  • Reply 25 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

That looks terrible! It looks nothing like Steve Jobs at all!

They didn't even make any effort it seems! Couldn't they even have bothered to dye his hair or something?

Hell, with today's CGI technology, they should be able to make an actor look exactly like Steve Jobs! 

I am not impressed. At all.

Looks terrible indeed - this movie has everything to be as bad as that crap with Ashton Kutcher - the only worse thing would be to put Natalie Portman in the cast - alas, the idiot-looking Seth Rogen is already there.

• Reply 26 of 80
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    And horrible makeup team...
    Whats up with the Seth curly hair.....
    Whats up with the wardrobe department ?
  • Reply 27 of 80

Yeah, neither of them look remotely like the originals. Lame. Ashton Kutcher was more believable as Jobs.

• Reply 28 of 80
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member

The set photos show Fassbender and Rogen talking and walking...

Well, it IS an Aaron Sorkin script.
  • Reply 29 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

I think Fassbender and Jobs both have an air of arrogance about them, but I think Fassbender has a suave arrogance and Jobs was a confrontational arrogance. My guess is it's neither going to do well in either ticket sales or awards.

From that photo it's obvious that Fassbender would have made a good Sculley.

• Reply 30 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

From that photo it's obvious that Fassbender would have made a good Sculley.

Yeah, I don't know why they didn't at least try to part his hair the right way.

• Reply 31 of 80
    ronmgronmg Posts: 163member
    LOL, I have to believe that these guys have not gone through makeup yet for the part. Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that what you see in these pics is what they will look like. Have you ever thought that this is just a walk-through before filming has started? Or do you all blindly trust a tabloid? Give me a break!!
  • Reply 32 of 80
    takeotakeo Posts: 446member

I know it's more important to be able to act than to look like the guy... but did Steve EVER had long slicked back hair like that? Seems like the makeup department didn't even try to make him look like Steve. I'm guessing this is his middle period look (so no beard) but still.

• Reply 33 of 80
    takeotakeo Posts: 446member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thrang View Post

I'm presuming that this was an informal dress rehearsal or walk-through to block out shots. [snip]

Ahh. That would make sense. I can't imagine this is the actual look. I don't think Steve ever had long slicked back hair like that?

• Reply 34 of 80
    dimmokdimmok Posts: 359member

Just don't make any film...why risk the embarrassment.

• Reply 35 of 80
    cm477cm477 Posts: 99member
    Will Seth Rogen actually act and try to speak and sound like the Woz rather than himself?
  • Reply 36 of 80
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Yeah, neither of them look remotely like the originals. Lame. Ashton Kutcher was more believable as Jobs.

To bad he had to move and talk and break the illusion ;-).

• Reply 37 of 80
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Here's a scene where Fassbender plays Steve using the Reality Distortion Field:

[IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/54999/width/400/height/800[/IMG]
  • Reply 38 of 80
    @PMZ writes a post here that it does not matter that Michael Fassbender doesn't look like Jobs as long as he can act the part. That is the stupidest comment I have ever read. That's like saying they could have got Linda Carter to play the part because she is a good actress but who cares according to @PMZ it doesn't matter.

Well, that is stupid, and it does matter, at least Ashton somewhat looked the part in "Jobs" and Noah Wyle looked like Steve in Pirates of Silicon Valley (he could of done this part as well). Once again Hollywood has no freaking clue and should butt out of Silicon Valley. Steve did not have sandy blond hair nor was it slicked back. The look fails at all levels, surprised Michael did not mention that to anyone in charge. Do Steve Jobs justice and either stop and fix the problem now or hire Noah to another actor that looks like Steve, because IT IS important.
  • Reply 39 of 80

Totally agree. See it before you start bitching. Bring the class to THIS site that you think the movie should have. I don't know Fassbender but from what I see, he looks doable. Gad, what a bunch of whiners. Hope you guys don't go, don't need any downers in the audience.

• Reply 40 of 80
    pfisherpfisher Posts: 758member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

I'd prefer they not resemble so closely. Then you will be drawn to the minute differences or drawn to the close likeness.

As someone said, it will be the directing and performances, the actors, that will be the difference.

All Kutcher had going for him was he looked like jobs, but had none of the attitude or "person", aura. I didn't see this as working out with the current duo, but I feel it will work out nicely.

Yeah, James Franco as Jobs. That would have been interesting. Drop some jokes/site gags about Korea into it...