Apple Music streams songs on-demand, features 24/7 'Beats 1' station, on iOS & Android for $10/month

Comments

• Reply 41 of 220
    thewhitefalconthewhitefalcon Posts: 4,453member
    rogifan wrote: »
    I'm a paying Spotify user and I have no intention of switching over. What is the revolutionary about Apple Music?

How about the catalog?
  • Reply 42 of 220
    So, does this replace Beats Music? If so, does my subscription just transfer over?
  • Reply 43 of 220
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    I wonder if iTunes Match simply remains as is at $25 a year, and in place but integrates into ?Music?

Oh and by the way .... in case anyone missed my prediction ...

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/59773/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/186599/apple-to-name-streaming-music-service-apple-music-ask-users-to-pick-favorite-genres
  • Reply 44 of 220
    From www.BeatsMusic.com FAQ: What happens to my Beats Music service?

"Once Apple Music launches on June 30, you can easily move your current Beats Music subscription over to Apple Music. Just open Beats Music on your iOS device and you%u2019ll be prompted to join Apple Music. Once you%u2019ve signed up, the playlists you%u2019ve created or subscribed to and the albums you%u2019ve saved in your Beats Music library will all be available to you in Apple Music."

No worries for current Beats subscribers.
  • Reply 45 of 220
    joelsaltjoelsalt Posts: 827member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I thought I'd read elsewhere that they'd automatically be rolled into Apple Music. That was before today's official reveal tho and I haven't seen anything from Apple themselves yet.

From the website:

What happens to my Beats Music service?

Quote :

Once Apple Music launches on June 30, you can easily move your current Beats Music subscription over to Apple Music. Just open Beats Music on your iOS device and you’ll be prompted to join Apple Music. Once you’ve signed up, the playlists you’ve created or subscribed to and the albums you’ve saved in your Beats Music library will all be available to you in Apple Music.

• Reply 46 of 220
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member
    People can already get music for free from Youtube, Pandora, etc.

Why pay $10/month?

I'm sure it's an amazing service but I predict individuals won't want to pay $120/year.
  • Reply 47 of 220
    cash907cash907 Posts: 893member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Problem is Pandora/Spotify won't be free for long.  And for $4 a month (family of 4) I'm more than willing to pay a little to free myself from commericals.

Hm. 9 devices across my family, one $5 dollar Pandora One subscription. What was your argument again?

• Reply 48 of 220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I wonder if iTunes Match simply remains as is at $25 a year, and in place but integrates into ?Music?

No - they are "independent but complementary" according to the website. At least for now.

• Reply 49 of 220
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Oh and does Apple Music have offline capabilities so I can listen to songs when not connected to wifi or cellular? Details Apple, Details!
  • Reply 50 of 220
    sog35 wrote: »
    This makes the Beats acquisition look like a bargin.

100 million subscribers is 12 billion in revenue.  

If I was Sirrus/XM I'd be terrified.  Its only a matter of time before Music has many more stations.

Really? Terrified?

I just hope that apple makes it so that when I open my music app it doesn't automatically go to this new service. I suppose it wouldn't if I didn't pay (hopefully). iTunes Radio was bad enough. I've purchased thousands from iTunes. I would like the app to open to my playlists thank you.
  • Reply 51 of 220
    ericthehalfbeeericthehalfbee Posts: 4,486member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DanReiss View Post

Apparently no music for anyone with an IQ above 95.

Upset that you won't be getting any music?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I'm a paying Spotify user and I have no intention of switching over. What is the revolutionary about Apple Music?

Apple doesn't care if you switch. If only 5% of iTunes users subscribe to this, Apple will quadruple the number of Spotify users, and have as many users as all the major streaming services COMBINED. The streaming market is wide open and Apple is now in the prime position to start snapping up users that the others weren't able to.

Then there's the fact Spotify rips you off $4.99 for each additional family member. I'd be paying $25 a month on Spotify vs $15 for Apple Music. And Apple will always have the largest selection of music available. As I mentioned yesterday, I get Taylor Swift on Apple (not that I like her, but my kids do). You don't get her on Spotify. Along with who knows how many other artists in the future.

• Reply 52 of 220
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    joelsalt wrote: »

No - they are "independent but complementary" according to the website. At least for now.

Kind of what I said so not sure why you said "No" lol

You have 'my music' in ?Music which is iTunes Match in my case.

Be right back ... installing El Capitan! :)
  • Reply 53 of 220
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    is this a serious question?

If you are off of wifi/cellular where exactly would those songs be stored?  
    Locally?
  • Reply 53 of 220
    How about the catalog?

So far the only thing I want that I can't get on Spotify is The Beatles. But I don't listen to them enough for it to matter. But you just bring up another point in why this presentation was so bad. If Apple Music offers artists and songs you can't get anywhere else Eddy should have been shouting from the rooftops about it.
  • Reply 55 of 220

Does Apple Music work with iTunes Match?

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Thanks. I figured as much but where did you see that, I was trying to find a reference.

http://www.apple.com/music/membership/ - scroll to the bottom "liner notes":

Quote:

Yes. Apple Music and iTunes Match are independent but complementary.

• Reply 56 of 220
    is this a serious question?

If you are off of wifi/cellular where exactly would those songs be stored?  

Is yours a serious question? The songs are stored locally on the device.
  • Reply 57 of 220

Oh and by the way .... in case anyone missed my prediction ...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/186599/apple-to-name-streaming-music-service-apple-music-ask-users-to-pick-favorite-genres

In the words of Slurpy, do you want a f'n cookie.
  • Reply 58 of 220
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Everybody here needs to spend five minutes over at Apple.com/music and learn. There is a free service, you can move over from Beats, etc. Its all there. Not hard.
  • Reply 59 of 220
    mrboba1mrboba1 Posts: 276member

Beats info is listed on this page:

http://www.apple.com/music/membership/

• Reply 60 of 220
    Upset that you won't be getting any music?

Apple doesn't care if you switch. If only 5% of iTunes users subscribe to this, Apple will quadruple the number of Spotify users, and have as many users as all the major streaming services COMBINED. The streaming market is wide open and Apple is now in the prime position to start snapping up users that the others weren't able to.

Then there's the fact Spotify rips you off $4.99 for each additional family member. I'd be paying $25 a month on Spotify vs $15 for Apple Music. And Apple will always have the largest selection of music available. As I mentioned yesterday, I get Taylor Swift on Apple (not that I like her, but my kids do). You don't get her on Spotify. Along with who knows how many other artists in the future.

Well Apple should have done a better job explaining all of this. Compare their pricing to the competition. Mention over and over the music you can get with Apple Music that you can't get anywhere else. Unless they're too afraid of the DOJ to go there?