GameBench shows iPhone 6 beats Galaxy S6 in game performance & better looking graphics

Comments

• Reply 41 of 85
    mistwalker wrote: »
    Pity you can only play those games for about fifteen minutes before you have to tether yourself to a wall outlet or plug in a bulky portable battery.

I'm going to stick to android, as it's a superior phone platform, and I can have things like good battery life with a battery I can change, and have the ability to use SD cards. Apple's phones have absolutely awful battery life, lackluster displays, and are missing standard features. On top of that, they cost for the phones is outrageously expensive. The fact that they're marginally better at running crappy little phone games makes absolutely no difference to me. If I'm gaming, it's not going to be on a device with no physical controls, and I'm not going to be dragging a bluetooth controller everywhere with me, either. Phones suck for gaming.
    Only two posts....your first being in 08....

Come on troll, surely you can do better.
  • Reply 42 of 85
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Let's try an experiment:
    Is that something you agree with?

Don't be silly, why, because I didn't join the lynch mob against Android I must automatically be an Apple hater. Your smarter than that and you have to know by now that I find value in every platform that I use.

They all have their uses. I don't use an iPhone because I can't choose my own default apps, run apps in the background (I need this as I use a terminal app to login into my servers, so when I start a compile job, the last thing I want to do is stare at the screen until it's done, I want the ability to send any app in the background), I also need better communication between apps that iOS offers, so for example If I install the OneDrive client I need to have access to it from any and every app that's installed and not just Microsoft apps. All that being said I use 3 iPads on a daily basis for my music creation as the platform has the best apps for this purpose and the low sound latency is pretty awesome, so I've found the good.

The same thing with Android, I don't use a phone with Android but I really like my Nexus 9 tablet because it has those missing features I described above as well as a much better way of handling files, so I use it as an office machine.

My phone is a BlackBerry Passport as it's the closest thing i've used that has all of the features that I'm looking for in a phone. Plus since BlackBerry OS 10.3.2 is a RTOS, Real Time Operating System, it's multitasking is better than any mobile platform I have ever used. So running multiple terminal apps in the background, streaming a film directly from one of cloud services, displaying it wirelessly on a TV, while I type up a new software spec with MS Word, works flawlessly, without a single hint of lag. I know people will just come back with well BlackBerry is dead, so be it but like I said above they keep turning out phones despite this consensus. So as long as they keep producing phones I'm not going to deny myself the use of what is probably the most powerful mobile OS that I have ever used simply because a bunch of strangers say the platform is dead, it's the same with Nvidia. Yes, I also have apps on my Passport, lots of them, in fact I have more apps installed on my Passport than any other mobile device I've used in the past because they not only run extremely well but I'm using the phone for more tasks than I've done with other phones in the past. Also yes, all of the apps are main stream and not some off brand substitutes, Instagram, MS Office, Feedly, Pinterest, Flipboard, Evernote, VLC, etc.

So there you have it, I'm using three different mobile platforms because they each have their own special qualities that I can utilize to their fullest, so I can't in good faith call anyone of them bad, simply to fit in around here. Which has always been a problem here, it's Apple for everything and nothing else, well I also enjoy the nothing else.
  • Reply 43 of 85
    prolineproline Posts: 223member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

It's totally on topic and even Spock would approve of the logic behind it. 

Playing the same game on vastly inferior devices makes somebody a worse player, because of decreased game performance. 

Again, playing on a laggy device may lead you to lose the game by limiting the number of actions you can do, but of itself make a person unskilled as you assert. Furthermore, you have no idea if the laggy devices are Android or iPhones with bad WiFi or older iPhones. Your favorite developer choosing to support phones with inadequate performance or insufficient connectivity has nothing to do with platform as there are plenty of iPhones that fall into that category and everything to do with them making poor decisions about which devices and connection speeds to support.

• Reply 44 of 85

I see that when you have nothing of value to add to a conversation that you mindlessly insult people. As far as I can tell, shouting insults at someone instead of addressing what they say seems far more trollish than anything I said.

I'm sorry you're unable to engage in adult conversation, but that doesn't make me a troll; it just makes you childish. Time to grow up, I think.

• Reply 45 of 85
    Real question are smart phone games worth my time yet. I have a gaming pc,Xbox one, and a ps4 I have never played a game on phone paid or free that was as imersive as ESO or GTA 5 or forza. I mainly use my 650 dollar phone for movies on the go and music.
  • Reply 46 of 85
    Real question are smart phone games worth my time yet. I have a gaming pc,Xbox one, and a ps4 I have never played a game on phone paid or free that was as imersive as ESO or GTA 5 or forza. I mainly use my 650 dollar phone for movies on the go and music.

Really, that is why you have such an expensive phone, you could do those things with a much cheaper device, like an iPod, Cowon or iRiver device.
  • Reply 47 of 85
    atlappleatlapple Posts: 496member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Trolls: next time the Galaxy S6 lags in some benchmark, be sure to use "but but but it's most likely a poor connection" excuse.

The article is bogus. All you have to do is look at one simple difference in the two screen shots. The Galaxy is lagging in the benchmarks because it's AA and AF rendering is better. First if you look at the trees the color separation is better. Second and most important if you look at the power line pole the S6 renders something the iPhone 6 does't, it renders power lines. 

The extra Ram and better GPU performance is allowing the S6 two show more detail. Also if you look at the tree trunks they are far more jagged on the iPhone 6.

I'm not sure if the guy that wrote this is blind but there is no way anyone can come to the conclusion the S6 game rendering doesn't look better. Does take a troll to point out this is bias, just takes a set of eyes.

• Reply 48 of 85
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    relic wrote: »

Really, that is why you have such an expensive phone, you could do those things with a much cheaper device, like an iPod, Cowon or iRiver device.

Who buys a phone strictly for gaming? Playing games on a phone is a pass time. Any serious gamer is not using a phone to play games.
  • Reply 49 of 85
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistwalker View Post

Pity you can only play those games for about fifteen minutes before you have to tether yourself to a wall outlet or plug in a bulky portable battery.

I'm going to stick to android, as it's a superior phone platform, and I can have things like good battery life with a battery I can change, and have the ability to use SD cards. Apple's phones have absolutely awful battery life, lackluster displays, and are missing standard features. On top of that, they cost for the phones is outrageously expensive. The fact that they're marginally better at running crappy little phone games makes absolutely no difference to me. If I'm gaming, it's not going to be on a device with no physical controls, and I'm not going to be dragging a bluetooth controller everywhere with me, either. Phones suck for gaming.

Huh! WTF! Have you seen benchmarks for the S6 compared the Iphone 6 What the hell are you talking about!

• Reply 50 of 85
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple v. Samsung View Post

Performance wise, yes (for the Iphones). The high end games being avalable. I'd say in general not yet though there are a few exceptions. If you already own an Iphone, you don't have to ask yourself those questions ;-).

• Reply 51 of 85
    Quote:

I see that when you have nothing of value to add to a conversation that you mindlessly insult people. As far as I can tell, shouting insults at someone instead of addressing what they say seems far more trollish than anything I said.

I'm sorry you're unable to engage in adult conversation, but that doesn't make me a troll; it just makes you childish. Time to grow up, I think.

You just posted complete lies. What on earth do you want people to say.

The Iphone 6+ in particular has fantastic battery. So, complete lies.

You want us to placate you when you spew things like that. Not a chance bud.

• Reply 52 of 85
    atlappleatlapple Posts: 496member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by foggyhill View Post

Huh! WTF! Have you seen benchmarks for the S6 compared the Iphone 6 What the hell are you talking about!

The benchmarks are meaningless all you have to do is look at the comparison. The S6 is rendering more detail. Look at the lighting detail on the back of the jeans. And the most glaring is the S6 shows power lines the iPhone doesn't. It's rendering far more detail. On the S6 the trunks of the trees are smoother and it's showing more shadow and color detail in the leaves. Everything on the iPhone is darker because of the lower RAM and the S6 clearly has a better GPU for gaming. 

• Reply 53 of 85
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

I like to play games on iPad, and what you write is not true at all.

• Reply 54 of 85
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Who buys a phone strictly for gaming? Playing games on a phone is a pass time. Any serious gamer is not using a phone to play games.

I completely agree, I have just one game on my phone, bowling. Even that one I use very rarely.
  • Reply 55 of 85
    atlapple wrote: »

The benchmarks are meaningless all you have to do is look at the comparison. The S6 is rendering more detail. Look at the lighting detail on the back of the jeans. And the most glaring is the S6 shows power lines the iPhone doesn't. It's rendering far more detail. On the S6 the trunks of the trees are smoother and it's showing more shadow and color detail in the leaves. Everything on the iPhone is darker because of the lower RAM and the S6 clearly has a better GPU for gaming. 

It honestly doesn't matter if your having fun playing the game and the game is playable. The S6 is more than capable of delivering a satisfactory experience, these benchmarks are in deed meaningless.
  • Reply 56 of 85
    brakkenbrakken Posts: 687member

True, but I've never been able to get my PS3 to work well on the bus. ;)

• Reply 57 of 85
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    brakken wrote: »
    True, but I've never been able to get my PS3 to work well on the bus. ;)

Get a PS Vita, it's pretty damn close.
  • Reply 58 of 85
    brakkenbrakken Posts: 687member
    No thanks. :)
  • Reply 59 of 85
    Of course the marriage of hardware and software under one roof is going to give a better experience. Water is also wet and death a certainty. The question is so what? The gap has closed significantly, objectively. Most of these games play fine on either device for [B]most[/B] people. You probably couldn't pay the average Joe consumer to read an article like this. It's beginning to sound like the xbox v playstation argument...

And for the Apple][ of the world...if Android is so terribly inferior why is Apple starting down that road with bringing Apple music to it? Your heads must be spinning....
  • Reply 60 of 85
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Don't be silly, why, because I didn't join the lynch mob against Android I must automatically be an Apple hater. 

Don't be silly. I didn't call you an Apple hater--those are your words. I challenged your claim of neutrality. Your tendency is to take sides against Apple in the forums while feigning "neutrality." You appear to have no issue supporting or condoning the lynch mob against Apple, and you never tell them to "simply not use iOS if they don't like it."

So, if it talks like a duck and walks like a duck, it is a duck.