Apple Watch supplier misses 2M unit break-even point for Q2, FUD flinging ensues

Comments

• Reply 161 of 301
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismy wrote: »
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    That he would live to see those 'those people' die.

Again, not ironic because Jobs never said he would see them die.

He never said he wouldn't either.
  • Reply 162 of 301
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member

Why have you decided to start trolling this forum?
  • Reply 163 of 301
    tmay wrote: »

Ha! Exactly!

I remember those large radial engine planes from the 1950s ... When they flew over they'd make your teeth rattle and you could feel the sound in the pit of your stomach.

Not quite the firing order, 1-5-3-6-2-4, of my 1940 Chevy (first car).
  • Reply 164 of 301
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tmay View Post

Watches like your example are for people that really want one of these;

It's a Pratt and Whitney R4360 Radial Engine, the peak, or near the peak anyway, of piston engined aviation.

http://www.enginehistory.org/r-4360.shtml

Near the peak.  The Rolls Royce Merlin was the peak.

• Reply 165 of 301

I think I have a valid point. I also don't think it's a sound business strategy if the success of your product depends on people dying. A lot can change between now and then.
  • Reply 166 of 301

That he would live to see those 'those people' die. Instead they saw him die. That my friend is irony.

Stop already, with this tasteless cr4p.
  • Reply 167 of 301

Start!?
  • Reply 168 of 301

That he would live to see those 'those people' die. Instead they saw him die. That my friend is irony.

Stop already, with this tasteless cr4p.

The SJ quote was just as tasteless. Everyone dies, and it's very macabre when you make the death of certain people out to be a positive for your business.
  • Reply 169 of 301
    I think I have a valid point. I also don't think it's a sound business strategy if the success of your product depends on people dying. A lot can change between now and then.

You really think you have a valid point about irony when he's ask about the iPhone and how detractors feel it's not a good device because it doesn't have the physical keyboard too which they are accustomed? Come on!

The SJ quote was just as tasteless. Everyone dies, and it's very macabre when you make the death of certain people out to be a positive for your business.

Steve's comment was factual, yours isn't. It's not an ironic as in no way was his comment the signify the opposite of his death. He simply didn't care that certain people wouldn't understand a new UI because those people are not the ones that will be using in the future.

Case in point, kids checking out the original iPod assume it had both networking, an app store, and a touchscreen.
  • Reply 170 of 301

You simply choose to not get it, I am guessing. (And don't bother asking me to explain. Just think about it).

Your posts have gone from the merely weird to the totally creepy, lately. Take a break. :rolleyes:
  • Reply 171 of 301

You simply choose to not get it, I am guessing. (And don't bother asking me to explain. Just think about it).

Your posts have gone from the merely weird to the totally creepy, lately. Take a break. :rolleyes:

I get it better than anyone. Simply say that those people aren't going to be around forever. There's something called diplomacy, look it up.
  • Reply 172 of 301
    There's something called diplomacy, look it up.

Yet you think it's diplomate to speak ill about the dead by inventing something they never said or implied in order to force some irony that never existed? :???: How is that diplomatic? No, I don't think you get it all.
  • Reply 173 of 301

You really think you have a valid point about irony when he's ask about the iPhone and how detractors feel it's not a good device because it doesn't have the physical keyboard too which they are accustomed? Come on!

Steve's comment was factual, yours isn't. It's not an ironic as in no way was his comment the signify the opposite of his death. He simply didn't care that certain people wouldn't understand a new UI because those people are not the ones that will be using in the future.

Case in point, kids checking out the original iPod assume it had both networking, an app store, and a touchscreen.

Again, the irony is that his death came first. He's counting on what could happen decades from now? Nobody knows what's going between now and then.
  • Reply 174 of 301
    Again, the irony is that his death came first. He's counting on what could happen decades from now? Nobody knows what's going between now and then.

Nope, you clearly don't get it, but at least I can tell your poor taste here is from excessive ignorance, not from a willful attempt at trolling (at least not until you were called out).
  • Reply 175 of 301
    There's something called diplomacy, look it up.

Yet you think it's diplomate to speak ill about the dead by inventing something they never said or implied in order to force some irony that never existed? :???: How is that diplomatic? No, I don't think you get it all.

You're the one that quoted him, so how am I making it up?
  • Reply 176 of 301

Circa 1990
    Well, probably death is the best invention of life. Because it means there's a constant turnover. And so if you want to make a change in our society, the best place to do it is in the educational system. So that, there are now generations of people that have come out of school, who, computers are second nature to them. And the people in our society that at this point still have, have not embraced these things are getting older and as that cycle, that wheel of birth and death turns, just like driving. People that don't drive are very rare. Another generation or two, people that don't use computers are, will be pretty rare. It's a harsh way of saying it but… time passes.

When did Steve Jobs die?
    And you still want to claim that no one he was talking about died before he did?
    And how exactly a quote about adoption of technology ironic when Steve clearly adopted tech before nearly anyone else since he was part of the development process of the most important CE in in the 21st century?
    Do you still not get how you totally don't get it?
  • Reply 177 of 301

Nope, you clearly don't get it, but at least I can tell your poor taste here is from excessive ignorance, not from a willful attempt at trolling (at least not until you were called out).

You're right, irony isn't the proper word. Apologies.
  • Reply 178 of 301

Circa 1990
    Well, probably death is the best invention of life. Because it means there's a constant turnover. And so if you want to make a change in our society, the best place to do it is in the educational system. So that, there are now generations of people that have come out of school, who, computers are second nature to them. And the people in our society that at this point still have, have not embraced these things are getting older and as that cycle, that wheel of birth and death turns, just like driving. People that don't drive are very rare. Another generation or two, people that don't use computers are, will be pretty rare. It's a harsh way of saying it but… time passes.

When did Steve Jobs die?
    And you still want to claim that no one he was talking about died before he did?
    And how exactly a quote about adoption of technology ironic when Steve clearly adopted tech before nearly anyone else since he was part of the development process of the most important CE in in the 21st century?
    Do you still not get how you totally don't get it?

Ahhhh so the undiplomatic one was you. :lol: Next time don't paraphrase. I was unfamiliar with what he said, and when he said it, so I went with what you wrote. My bad
  • Reply 179 of 301

Ahhhh so the undiplomatic one was you. :lol: Next time don't paraphrase. I was unfamiliar with what he said, and when he said it, so I went with what you wrote. My bad

Pathetic. Your intense dislike of Steve Jobs clearly comes through.
  • Reply 180 of 301

:facepalm: