Kanye swears his new album will never come to Apple Music or iTunes

Comments

• Reply 21 of 92
    Isn't this JA begging Mark Zuckerberg for like $1B, as in Billion?
    wonkothesane
  • Reply 22 of 92
    ".... with a promise from the rapper that The Life of Pablo will 'never be on Apple.'

The promo appears to have worked -- at least temporarily -- as Tidal surged to the top of the iTunes charts.

I know it's been mentioned in another post but it's worth repeating....just because he's far too stupid to comprehend this.

Although I do believe the author meant to say App Store, not iTunes.
  • Reply 23 of 92
    Dude. Let's not give this no more ink. Woof
    macky the mackywilliamlondon
  • Reply 24 of 92
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,442member
    Wait if he's refusing to be on Apple what he doing on Appleinsider?

tallest skilargonautrazorpit
  • Reply 25 of 92
    "Exclusivity" doesn't mean what artists think.

It goes a little like this:
    1. Someone signs up to Tidal with a throwaway email address
    2. They Audio Hi-jack the tracks (or use one of many similar tools)
    3. They upload to a bit torrent tracker.

Then all those fans who want to listen to it today, but for whatever reason don't want to deal with Tidal. They have the album, permanently, no renting, no DRM, no internet connection needed to play tracks.

As for me and a significant portion of the population outside the USA - we don't give a fk about this guy or his extortion as "music".
    edited February 2016 argonautwilliamlondonbraderunner
  • Reply 26 of 92
    Kanye West? Never heard of her.
    wonkothesanewilliamlondon
  • Reply 27 of 92
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    "My album will never never never be on Apple," Yeezus wrote on Twitter. "And it will never be for sale... You can only get it on Tidal.

I believe the bankruptcy judge has the final say on these matters.
    edited February 2016 jbdragontallest skil
  • Reply 28 of 92
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    All this tells me is that his album isn't good enough to stand on its own merits. 
    edited February 2016 macky the macky
  • Reply 29 of 92
    larryjwlarryjw Posts: 1,036member
    Kanye who?
  • Reply 30 of 92
    I surprise Kanye West owes over $50 million!  Why does he not sell his private jet and his cars for a start?
    jbdragonrazorpitmacky the mackychia
  • Reply 31 of 92
    Lol

dude is no longer relevant as it is. 

My his peak was back in the " Stronger" days. He was pretty good. 

But it he's not that anymore. 

He he will be exclusive to the spyware app that is tidal until he realizes he's missing a large amount of income that way. 

Way to stick it to your fans dweebuz
  • Reply 32 of 92
    tnsf said:
    I wish people (and media!) would stop assuming that app downloads = new subscribers. I'm sure a very very large portion of people who downloaded the app will never pay Tidal a penny.
    I downloaded it early on. The. I remembered Jay Zs history with Samsung software stealing your data. 

So i uninstalled and reformatted. 

West isn't that stupid. He knows tidal sucks. 

But it there's likely a Samsung inspired incentive to stay off Apple platforms. 

Sounds like he he may have sold out. 
  • Reply 33 of 92
    genovellegenovelle Posts: 1,481member
    tnsf said:
    I wish people (and media!) would stop assuming that app downloads = new subscribers. I'm sure a very very large portion of people who downloaded the app will never pay Tidal a penny.
    I downloaded it early on. The. I remembered Jay Zs history with Samsung software stealing your data. 

So i uninstalled and reformatted. 

West isn't that stupid. He knows tidal sucks. 

But it there's likely a Samsung inspired incentive to stay off Apple platforms. 

Sounds like he he may have sold out. 
    You may be right. He was fishing for a deal like Rihanna got with Samsung buying a million copies. 

• Reply 34 of 92
    "My album will never never never be on Apple"

Translation

"My album will never never make any money."

Does this idiot even know that iTunes has something like 2/3rd of all music revenues?
    tom jmacky the macky
  • Reply 35 of 92
    roakeroake Posts: 821member
    Does he look high in that photo?  Versus actually being high, I mean.

On another note, I think I would rather scrape my face off with a brillo pad than be subjected to that feculent noise he calls music, on Tidal or anywhere else.  With "skills" such as his, it's surprising he's not 100 mil in debt.  Oh, and "fashion"?  Good luck selling $500 sweat pants.

Ok, I'm out.
    cornchipmacky the macky
  • Reply 36 of 92
    There's attention whoring, and then there's Kanye West. 
    argonautcornchipmacky the mackybuzdots
  • Reply 37 of 92
    Good, Tupac would have hated this douche. By the way that picture of him looks like he's smelling his own fart. 
    williamhcornchipmobiusmacky the macky
  • Reply 38 of 92
    Some please help me out. Who's Kanye West?
    A false god.
    argonaut
  • Reply 39 of 92
    Music? A guy that just dances and kind of sing? Please this is phenomenal garbage compared to real musicians or bands who do play instruments and are masters at their craft, he is just a FAD, no one remembers any rapper of yesteryear, they come and go and their "week hits" are forgotten forever. 50 years on we can hear the Stones, the beatles and manyothers. Memorable songs, melodies and interpretation, this clown, is just that, a clown. And besides, their "week hits" most times are samplers or covers of great songs from real musicians.
  • Reply 40 of 92
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    Apple could have some great fun with Siri responses to questions about ... whatever this idiot's name is.
    edited February 2016