Apple hands out rainbow Apple Watch bands to commemorate LGBT Pride

Comments

• Reply 61 of 182
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,038member
    why- said:
    “You are a funny man, Mr. Bond...”
    the word "funny" usually implies a joke, only I wasn't joking??

and what fallacy would that be? telling someone that if they don't enjoy something they don't have to participate in it? oh dear how awful

in any case, in what world is masturbating in public the equivalent of people marching to express their identity? you're taking what I said and applying it to an extreme situation in order to make it easier to argue against. I believe they call that a strawman. it in no way proves your point, although I'm not entirely sure what that is
    Have you ever wondered what kind of person would suggest that giving "negros" equal rights would be the equivalent to public masturbation, child molestation and rape, bestiality, necrophilia, incest, and a criminal act when Martin Luther King, Jr. was making his "I Hve a Dream" speech during the march on Washington D.C. In 1963? Wonder no more.
    edited June 2016 singularitykevin keedsdiosenthusiastericthehalfbeejroyration allondorfastasleep
  • Reply 62 of 182
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Soli said:
    So now you equate the natural state of homosexuality with public masturbation, child molestation and rape, bestiality, necrophilia, and incest
    Yes, as all of that happens in nature, too. What’s that? Doesn’t fit your narrative? BLACKBALL IT NOW! HIDE HIDE HIDE!

We are a civilization. You want to live in nature, go the fuck back to the trees.
    Many societies have accepted homosexuality as part of nature despite your insistence that they are all degenerates and that it'll be society's downfall.
    1. I doubt it.
    2. They all fell as a result of it, et. al. Like I said.

In before “Greeks and Romans accepted it” bullshit.
  • Reply 63 of 182
    why-why- Posts: 305member
    jesus what did gay people ever do to you
    Solidsdiosenthusiastjroylondordarkpaw
  • Reply 64 of 182
    why- said:
    Not an argument.
  • Reply 65 of 182
    why- said:
    Not an argument.

I know that holy crap it's a question
    edited June 2016 dsdiosenthusiastlondor
  • Reply 66 of 182
    have you ever been diagnosed with OCD? because you seem to have this unnatural base need for everything to be a certain way

secondly, those quotes are ridiculous, and also do nothing to prove your point as they can be used in any context. I could tell you that communism is the perfect sociological and economical system and you would "ridicule" and "violently oppose" me. whether or not you accept it as self-evident is up to you. the world becomes a lot easier to live in once you realise that as long as your truth brings no harm, there is nothing wrong with it. if I were to kiss a boy right now, it would not harm you in the slightest, physically or mentally. you wouldn't even know of it unless I told you. however, if a parent discovers that their child is gay and decides to beat that child as a result, that would most certainly bring harm to them both.

as for your claims that gay people are inherently degenerate and destroy society, I think you really need to take a step back and realise that societies are comprised of people. As long as a society's people function in the proper manner it is a well-functioning society. The hunter-gatherer groups of old did not necessarily function worse than our "more advanced" one. in fact you could say that they worked better, because everyone pitched in and helped it run smoothly. the faults in any given society lie in errant morals such as greed or hatred, not in whether or not two lads want to spend their lives together.
    Solisingularityiosenthusiastlondorfastasleep
  • Reply 67 of 182
    why- said:
    have you ever been diagnosed with OCD? because you seem to have this unnatural base need for everything to be a certain way
    Everything is a certain way. I have a desire that people stop pretending otherwise. What the fuck kind of statement is that, anyway?
    secondly, those quotes are ridiculous
    So stage 1, then.
    I could tell you that communism is the perfect sociological and economical system and you would "ridicule" and "violently oppose" me.
    Nope, just prove you wrong. Ever wonder why communism has to be enforced at the point of a sword?
    the world becomes a lot easier to live in once you realise that as long as your truth brings no harm, there is nothing wrong with it.
    1:
    your truth
    Doesn’t exist. There is only truth. 2:
    EVERYTHING IS FINE AS LONG AS IT DOES NO HARM
    is literally day care-level retardation (definitionally) and as such deserves nothing more than the mockery I’ve just given it, since that statement itself amounts to the intellectual capacity of a large portion of its proponents to defend it. Are you nuts? Moral relativism is soundly false.
    As long as a society's people function in the proper manner it is a well-functioning society. 
    Exactly. And homosexuality is not part of that manner.
    in fact you could say that they worked better, because everyone pitched in and helped it run smoothly.
    A decent argument against welfare.  ;)

Conservatism is fundamentally predicated on the belief that there is a single, objective reality that is intelligible (read: can be understood). This, in turn, leads one to adopt specific codes of conduct and behaviors that we call a moral core.

Leftist thought is fundamentally predicated on the belief that everything is subjective and nothing is objectively true or capable of being understood. This, in turn, leads one to adopt a fluid and contradictory moral relativism.

Leftists often attack conservatives for being hypocritical. Indeed, conservatives can be very hypocritical. Take, for example, anti-drug politicians who abuse alcohol, or so called “free market capitalists” that give subsidies to oil companies. They get attacked for this stuff all the time, and I’d say you’re right to call them hypocrites.

Here’s the kicker: a moral relativist cannot be a hypocrite, because there is no situation where he’s objectively in the wrong, even when he is acting in disagreement with his own “morals.” You can’t call someone a moral hypocrite if they functionally have no morals. So when Hillary Clinton professes to be a feminist while taking donations from regimes that abuse women, or Obama professes to be transparent while obsessing over secrecy, or Michael Moore makes a movie trashing capitalism while making cash hand over fist off it, there’s no problem for them. It’s all relative. They don’t care.

The second big thing–and this is their most beloved tactic–is this: They accuse you of what they are doing to you. Just meditate on that sentence and you’ll start to see it everywhere.

docno42
  • Reply 68 of 182
    wizard69 said:
    What a waste of money, time and effort!   
    Being homophobic is one thing, but trying to hide your obvious homophobia behind a set of weak reasons is gutless. People like you are why there are pride parades.
    It makes me so sad to read most of these comments. homophobia is the exact reason why it's important to have these parades. People have to stand up for their rights and for love. If you are a white heterosexual male you are in the best position in this society - so stop whining. Rather support the people around you that haven't been given this "birth right". I'm talking about all other people: women, people of color, the LGBTQ community, etc.

To the question why Apple doesn't sell these bands: it is because it is for people who want to wear them with PRIDE and for the cause and not because they think the rainbow color band looks fancy or something.

Today's world is full of BS. How can a normal person really think about a special band for the heterosexual white male? Rather think about the great position you have been born into.

singularityferdinandccdsdiosenthusiastRayz2016jroyration allondorwhy-fastasleep
  • Reply 69 of 182
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Wow, what a load of whining

Wah, other people don't conform to my narrow view.
    Wah, other people's actions don't affect me, but I don't like them.
    Wah, they're proud of it.
    Wah, copypaste copypaste copypaste.
    singularityferdinandccmattinozdsdmejsriciosenthusiastRayz2016ration allondorwhy-
  • Reply 70 of 182
    xbitxbit Posts: 391member
    This forum has become a toilet. I don't know why Apple Insider lets such bile be associated with it.
    beltsbearmejsriciosenthusiastlondordsdfastasleeppropod
  • Reply 71 of 182
    beltsbearbeltsbear Posts: 314member
    xbit said:
    This forum has become a toilet. I don't know why Apple Insider lets such bile be associated with it.
    Some of these posts are worthy of flagging. It is one thing to not like someone , another to call an entire group to be degenerates and worse. 
    iosenthusiastxbitjroylondordsdai46
  • Reply 72 of 182
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    I have flagged a few of the posts but I don't think the moderators care any more.
    iosenthusiastlondor
  • Reply 73 of 182
    mejsricmejsric Posts: 152member
    irnchriz said:
    I have flagged a few of the posts but I don't think the moderators care any more.
    I believe war is money, the more they quarrel each other the more views.
    iosenthusiastjroyirnchrizlondorai46propod
  • Reply 74 of 182
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    irnchriz said:
    At most the posts will be removed. TS and Apple][ seems to have immunity from any punitive action, however low they stoop in their attention seeking attempts to be as nasty and offensive as possible.
    iosenthusiastxbitration allondorwhy-propod
  • Reply 75 of 182
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    walter77 said:
    levi said:
    He likely picked him for his good business sense, judgement, and values, which he and staff are demonstrating. Also, guess you didn't read the part about Apple's 30 years sponsoring the event.
    The 30 year sponsorship might be a defense, except his anti-Trump position will hurt Apple if Trump wins. Large corporation should be more neutral in presidential politics and other controversial areas. Tim needs to keep his politics to himself...
    Trump's influence on California (a heavily democratic state) is not all that big even if elected (Thank god), and who the frack cares if you annoys a blatant fascist.

Some people has got to take a stand don't you think and not be little sheeps.

He already stated his opinion of Apple and Apple pushes back.
    londordsdai46
  • Reply 76 of 182
    mstrmac said:
    Imagine working at Apple and having to put up with gay sht all day long, even if you are gay. Heterosexual discrimination in promotions and so on. 
    Did you just have a brain fart? You obviously don't know what the fuck your talking about and never come close to anyone who has worked, works or will work at Apple.
    londordsdai46fastasleep
  • Reply 77 of 182
    why- said:
    when you get physically attacked/raped/abused/sent to "correctional therapy"/threatened/abandoned for being straight let me know. I don't know why you have such a problem with people celebrating something they fought hard to be able to express
    You forgot to add BANNED, FLOGGED, LASHED, TORTURED, STONED, SHOT, THROWN FROM ROOFS, HANGED.

And the word ISLAM.

Bankrolling Milo Yiannopoulos for President: that's what I'd like to see Apple do.
    You conveniently forgot the those doing the torturing and killing in Africa, are mostly not from Islamic countries; they're Christians.

londorai46propod
  • Reply 78 of 182
    walter77 said:
    Tim needs to keep his sexual anarchy politics out of Apple's business. I don't think Steve picked him for his sexuality or politics. 
    Tim can boycott the Republican convention and I will boycott Apple products.  Tim you are a pompous asshole!

tallest skil
  • Reply 79 of 182
    hittrj01hittrj01 Posts: 753member
    hittrj01 said:
    Why should I care if someone is gay? Why should I care if they're black, or white, or Hispanic, or Asian, or transexual, or male, or female? Everyone is human, and everyone is entitled to the same basic human rights as everyone else. No more, no less. Discrimination of any kind is disgusting and there is no place for it, but it's the same for preferential treatment. If that's a hateful stance to you, then there is no reasoning with you.

Where is this "preferential" treatment?
    Pride parades? Affirmative action? Title IX? The Rooney Rule in the NFL? Laws are starting to make it illegal to think that an actual straight white male could possibly be the best candidate for something. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, but these laws and movements, while great and necessary when they came about, are starting to be abused by those same "minorities" that identify more with oppression than being an actual human being.

Elton John is one of the greatest singers of all time. Why should I care that he's gay?  Ellen Degeneris is a hilarious comedian, why should I care she's gay? Michael Sam was a crappy football player who couldn't make an NFL roster. Why should I care that he's gay? Wait, now I'm supposed to celebrate it, as if being gay somehow makes you superior? Nope, sorry, we're all equal. Being gay doesn't make you special.
    tallest skilzeus423docno42
  • Reply 80 of 182
    TurboPGTTurboPGT Posts: 355member
    waverboy said:
    Yes fans, it's been another fun game of Spot The Bigot!
    Is everyone that doesn't think homosexuality needs a fucking parade, a bigot?

What about gay people that roll their eyes at such obvious self congratulation? Are they self hating bigots?

I swear, if the word "bigot" were suddenly stricken from all form of communication, the so-called progressives would have half their vocabulary revoked.
    tallest skilzeus423docno42