Trump using new iPhone to tweet despite prior calls for Apple boycott

Comments

• Reply 41 of 74
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    paxman said:
    lkrupp said:
    eriamjh said:
    Actual words are meaningless to Trump.  Nothing he says is actually an indication of a position, mindset, plan, etc.  
    Just like every U.S. President before him. Smoke and mirrors from them all.
    Not at all.  To validate Trump by somehow comparing him to previous presidents, no matter their lies and juggling truths, is irresponsible. Current POTUS is beyond anything ever seen before. You may like the fact that he is is NOT a politician, and you may buy into his "I'm a great deal maker" schpiel, but take a few minutes and learn why he is derided by so many. You are a smart guy and nobody will know that you put aside political leanings for a moment. Look at it with the post above in mind. Also, look at what Republicans and Democrats alike say of his understanding of health care. Remember he campaigned on this.
    It's not irresponsible. The same could be said about Obama. We've never seen an administration like Obama's that was full of so many scandals and lies. He just got a pass on everything in the liberal majority media. Trump didn't write the health care bill that was pulled. Replacing Obamacare is far from over. 
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 42 of 74
    ylonylon Posts: 50member
    Stay out of politics Apple Insider or we'll stay away from you. These kinds of stories are a load of crap.
    SpamSandwichMetriacanthosaurus
  • Reply 43 of 74
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,038member
    ylon said:
    Stay out of politics Apple Insider or we'll stay away from you. These kinds of stories are a load of crap.
    As long as your clicking and posting, your threats are empty. Either don't frequent the site, or click on these articles, or shut up about it.
    unicronroundaboutnow
  • Reply 44 of 74
    I thought he was a yuuuuge fan of his Samsung Galaxy S3.
  • Reply 45 of 74
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    Appleinsider please stop baiting the fringe. The same old commenters will attack anyone that does not agree with them in the most uncivil manner. It's never about "I disagree" with your statement... " but an onslaught of insults, taking words out of context, aggressive challenging someone to "prove it" and so on. There are plenty of blogs for these people already please keep this site from becoming one of those. 
  • Reply 46 of 74
    AI_liasAI_lias Posts: 436member
    paxman said:
    lkrupp said:
    eriamjh said:
    Actual words are meaningless to Trump.  Nothing he says is actually an indication of a position, mindset, plan, etc.  
    Not at all.  To validate Trump by somehow comparing him to previous presidents, no matter their lies and juggling truths, is irresponsible. Current POTUS is beyond anything ever seen before. You may like the fact that he is is NOT a politician, and you may buy into his "I'm a great deal maker" schpiel, but take a few minutes and learn why he is derided by so many. You are a smart guy and nobody will know that you put aside political leanings for a moment. Look at it with the post above in mind. Also, look at what Republicans and Democrats alike say of his understanding of health care. Remember he campaigned on this.
    It's not irresponsible. The same could be said about Obama. We've never seen an administration like Obama's that was full of so many scandals and lies. He just got a pass on everything in the liberal majority media. Trump didn't write the health care bill that was pulled. Replacing Obamacare is far from over. 
    The Obama scandals and lies were all in the right-wing propaganda echo-chambers, who were incensed that a black man was in the White House. In reality, Obama had class, and character. Trump has neither. Just think about this one example: when he left, he said: take Obamacare, put your name on it if you want, I don't care, and fix it, just as long as people get good insurance. There are many other aspects in which Obama was a gentleman. Trump does not compare to any other, and should not be normalized. He's the opposite of what a leader should be, if you would compare him to a good leader, such as Eisenhower. He takes credit for other people's work, and when he fails, he blames others. Eisenhower took others' blame, and gave the credit to his subordinates. 
    dsdMikeymikeunicronjSnivelyspice-boyroundaboutnow
  • Reply 47 of 74
    MikeymikeMikeymike Posts: 102member
    So easy to spot the (now closeted) Trump supporters here. :D
    Probably the whole point of this article.
    edited March 2017
  • Reply 48 of 74
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,655member
    macxpress said:
    Could AI have found a more insulting picture for this article? 
    Yes, they could have.   Trump provides plenty of such opportunities.  
  • Reply 49 of 74
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,918administrator
    Soli said:
    Tiring this is, your incessant desire to politicize this website.  You will lose us if you keep this up.  If we want politics and fake news and such, we can watch CNN or Fox or whatever.  Please, make this a pleasant site for dedicated Apple users.  Thank you for your hard work in the past, and, I hope for the future.
    The man has an iPhone. This is an Apple-focused website. He's the first POTUS to use one. He did call for a ban of Apple products not too long ago. This article makes perfect sense, and it's not a political statement.
    For those members complaining about articles like this, copy this and put it on a sticky.

Once more, Apple being as large as it is and as socially and politically involved as it is will by definition draw articles involving politics. The POTUS, calling for an Apple ban during the election period, and using an Apple phone is notable for an Apple-centric publication.

We don't write stories to offend the readers. If you're offended by what we write based on your political affiliation because of what you are interpreting from an article that isn't an editorial, then that is on you.

If it forces you away from perhaps the LEAST political-oriented Apple publication, that is also on you -- but just go, and don't make a big scene about it.

Regardless of what party is in power, the President's office can be respected, while perhaps still not respecting the man. If you're screaming now about respecting the office AND the man, were you doing so a year ago? 

There's a very old saying, that Band of Brothers on HBO repeated: "Salute the uniform, not the man." Regardless of how you fall, he is the legally elected American President. But, that doesn't, and has never, put his conduct or behavior above reproach.

We kept this thread open as an experiment, to see how well our commenters would stick to the commenting guidelines. How well do you all think it's going, hm? 

I'm a reasonable guy. I've never locked a thread here. I'm getting close. Keep it civil.
    edited March 2017 SoliMikeymike
  • Reply 50 of 74
    Did he get the Red one?
    Soliunicron
  • Reply 51 of 74
    BittySon said:
    Did he get the Red one?
    😂
  • Reply 52 of 74
    Mike Wuerthele said:
    We kept this thread open as an experiment, to see how well our commenters would stick to the commenting guidelines. How well do you all think it's going, hm? 
    I'd say it's going pretty well. No one is really attacking another poster (at this point) and I see no major derailing of the original topic.
  • Reply 53 of 74
    It is clear to me from the writing style that this article was written NOT to point out that he is the first POTUS to use an iPhone. It was written simply dredge up his comments during the controversial San Bernadino/FBI fiasco...something this site does almost every time they post an article related to Trump.

That disappoints me and speaks to the integrity of this website.
  • Reply 54 of 74
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    aknabi said:
    you'll realize the guy is both stupid and off his rocker... then you remember he's actually the POTUS with ~40% support... then you realize the danger isn't global warning or the need for war on terror... 
    So any evidence for those claims, or…?
    it's the rise of global stupidity and the need for a war on idiots.
    Careful now. You might be stepping into something.
  • Reply 55 of 74
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,077member
    paxman said:
    lkrupp said:
    eriamjh said:
    The only specific thing on health care that Trump said he would do is lower drug prices.   Otherwise he was mostly vague on the plan to ObamaCare.   He needs to work on that first.   Canada pays far less than USA.
  • Reply 56 of 74
    It is clear to me from the writing style that this article was written NOT to point out that he is the first POTUS to use an iPhone. It was written simply dredge up his comments during the controversial San Bernadino/FBI fiasco...something this site does almost every time they post an article related to Trump.

In doing so, you're making incorrect assumptions about intent and integrity. 

There's nothing being mis-quoted or misinterpreted here. He made the remarks, he called for the ban.
    Soli
  • Reply 57 of 74

There's nothing being mis-quoted or misinterpreted here. He made the remarks, he called for the ban.
    We all know that. We know very well since you insist on repeating it again, and again, and again, in every Trump related article posted on this site.

I have made no false assumptions. He's the first POTUS to use an iPhone. Fairly interesting and definitely article-worthy. But you blew it. You had the opportunity to write an article about that. Instead you made it about a dead topic. But, I can't say I'm surprised, because, you use that as a footer to every Trump related article posted on the site.
    edited March 2017
  • Reply 58 of 74

We all know that. We know very well since you insist on repeating it again, and again, and again, in every Trump related article posted on this site.

I have made no false assumptions. He's the first POTUS to use an iPhone. Fairly interesting and definitely article-worthy. But you blew it. You had the opportunity to write an article about that. Instead you made it about a dead topic. But, I can't say I'm surprised, because, you use that as a footer to every Trump related article posted on the site.
    Just because YOU read every article about it, doesn't mean that EVERYBODY does. It is useful background information, and will be retained. Feel free to skip Trump-related stories, if it bothers you.

And, if you think encryption, back doors, and the Presidency is a dead topic, you've got another thing coming.
    Soli
  • Reply 59 of 74
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 433administrator
    [...]

You can't see the relevance in pointing out that a man who called for a complete boycott of a company is, a not-so-long-time later, using their flagship product? You're suggesting we make an obvious and glaring omission in our coverage because what? You feel like we mentioned it too much already? If you think reminding people of basic facts and providing context undermines our integrity, then I honestly don't know to grok that critique.
    Soliroundaboutnowsingularity
  • Reply 60 of 74
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    BittySon said:
    Did he get the Red one?
    He's waiting for the orange one.