Angela Ahrendts, the 'non-techie' who runs Apple Retail, joined Apple on October 14, 2013

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 91
    For sure the WORST product Apple has ever presented to its costumers.
    Since she arrived, employees have no names. Nowhere to find help. Temporary store with no bathrooms and no chairs or stools in a first floor.
    Very different to sell 500 pieces of cloth a year than more than 165 million phones. Don't you think Angela?
    She should be hire per job to decorate the" house" not to have the title  and money she got.
    Also, when you make a presentation stage Angela, it's not Fashion Week and Anna  Wintour is not your crowd.
    Ask around the stores who of the employees cares for you or respects you.
    By the way, when are you leaving? 

StayPuftZombie
  • Reply 82 of 91
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    What an overly generous puff piece.

Angela has added some plants, pulled the "Store" off the stores' names, removed lanyards, killed the genius bar and added logistical chaos and worse training to the stores. That's the sum total, other than collecting gobs of ill earned money, of her years of tenure at apple.

She took what was for many the best retail experience ever, where an apple store was something you enjoyed visiting, and turned it into the DMV.  Now instead of heading for the genius bar for your appointment, you start with game of human pinball.  

Find an apple employee, with no lanyard as a visual cue, that's holding an iPad to get to your appointment. When you find the first one, you ask for your appointment, and they inform you, theyre not the person for that and send you to another one.  You go to that employee that you think they pointed to, but they're not it either.  Finally you get to the person with the appointment clip board, and they play, let's pick a table.  They send you to some random table and log your name/position.  Now, the genius plays Apple Store Maps.  The "genius" now goes around the table asking for you (mispronouncing your name at times), and sometimes goes to the wrong table because the position was logged wrong. Or a person misunderstood what table they are to meet at. All this wastes both your and the apple employees time in pinball'ing around when everyone could just have instead, clearly and easily, met at the genius bar. Then, when the apple employee finally ends their game of hunt-and-go-seek, you are rewarded by talking to a 'genius' that no longer talks to you like you understand something and 'jumps to the chase' but instead, they walk you through a script process, because now the vast number of geniuses have become equivalent script kiddies. No brain, all script. Oh, and you do this all through intolerable crowds of other now grumpy store goers.

In contrast, Steve Job's created genius bar was not only a signature feature that she destroyed, but something that calmed not caused store logistical chaos. You just head to the back for your appointment, simple. No DMV zombie human pinball hordes bouncing off each other from 'Angela's DMV Apple Emporium' 'improvements'. Also, it kept all the grumpy people with problems away from the people shopping, preventing the spread of DMV'itus throughout the store.

In other words, the apple store, the highest earning per square foot retail store in the world that Angela inherted, has been turned into the apple DMV, by angela, that I (and many others https://dailycaller.com/2018/03/15/apple-store-dmv/) want to avoid at all costs.

My fear is apple managment (and now with the help of appleinsider) are positioning angela as the next CEO apparent, which will be a disaster of the likes to make us long for the days of Skully.
    Someone is afraid of a powerful talent woman.
  • Reply 83 of 91
    macxpress said:
    Basically people don't like her because A, she's a woman and B, Steve didn't choose her, Tim did. It's only the old geezers who are stuck in the "good ole days" era that don't like anything that Apple is doing nowadays. 
    .. She's doing a fantastic job.

That kind of depends on what you measure and how you measure it.
    Correct. So does just about everything. Do you have a more specific point that would move the conversation forward?
  • Reply 84 of 91
    StayPuftZombieStayPuftZombie Posts: 45unconfirmed, member
    spice-boy said:

Angela has added some plants, pulled the "Store" off the stores' names, removed lanyards, killed the genius bar and added logistical chaos and worse training to the stores. That's the sum total, other than collecting gobs of ill earned money, of her years of tenure at apple.

She took what was for many the best retail experience ever, where an apple store was something you enjoyed visiting, and turned it into the DMV.  Now instead of heading for the genius bar for your appointment, you start with game of human pinball.  

Find an apple employee, with no lanyard as a visual cue, that's holding an iPad to get to your appointment. When you find the first one, you ask for your appointment, and they inform you, theyre not the person for that and send you to another one.  You go to that employee that you think they pointed to, but they're not it either.  Finally you get to the person with the appointment clip board, and they play, let's pick a table.  They send you to some random table and log your name/position.  Now, the genius plays Apple Store Maps.  The "genius" now goes around the table asking for you (mispronouncing your name at times), and sometimes goes to the wrong table because the position was logged wrong. Or a person misunderstood what table they are to meet at. All this wastes both your and the apple employees time in pinball'ing around when everyone could just have instead, clearly and easily, met at the genius bar. Then, when the apple employee finally ends their game of hunt-and-go-seek, you are rewarded by talking to a 'genius' that no longer talks to you like you understand something and 'jumps to the chase' but instead, they walk you through a script process, because now the vast number of geniuses have become equivalent script kiddies. No brain, all script. Oh, and you do this all through intolerable crowds of other now grumpy store goers.

In contrast, Steve Job's created genius bar was not only a signature feature that she destroyed, but something that calmed not caused store logistical chaos. You just head to the back for your appointment, simple. No DMV zombie human pinball hordes bouncing off each other from 'Angela's DMV Apple Emporium' 'improvements'. Also, it kept all the grumpy people with problems away from the people shopping, preventing the spread of DMV'itus throughout the store.

In other words, the apple store, the highest earning per square foot retail store in the world that Angela inherted, has been turned into the apple DMV, by angela, that I (and many others https://dailycaller.com/2018/03/15/apple-store-dmv/) want to avoid at all costs.

My fear is apple managment (and now with the help of appleinsider) are positioning angela as the next CEO apparent, which will be a disaster of the likes to make us long for the days of Skully.
    Someone is afraid of a powerful talent woman.
    Failures come in all shapes and sizes. Like your lack of point.
    edited October 2018
  • Reply 85 of 91
    “Success in retail is infinitely more complex and nuanced than stocking good products.”

i like this article, but hyperbole diminishes the experience.
  • Reply 86 of 91
    gatorguy said:
    Rayz2016 said:

When she was first hired, I found her kind of inarticulate in interviews, and her poor grammar seemed like a bad sign. Nobody’s perfect, of course, and the guy she replaced was completely clueless, but it made me nervous.  

Odd that you find her "kind of inarticulate".

I've heard three (maybe four) interviews with her and her vision and ideas seem pretty well articulated to me. 
    Great articulation of an ill-conceived idea does not improve the idea.
    StayPuftZombie
  • Reply 87 of 91
    StayPuftZombieStayPuftZombie Posts: 45unconfirmed, member
    lkrupp said:

macxpress said:
    Basically people don't like her because A, she's a woman and B, Steve didn't choose her, Tim did. It's only the old geezers who are stuck in the "good ole days" era that don't like anything that Apple is doing nowadays. 
    So easy to contradict your point, Steve chose both Skully and Tim, and those were a mistakes as well (one of which he himslelf aknowledges and I supplied in video form no less). Not to mention I actually like her. She did an amazing job as CEO of Burrbury, and her interviews before Apple, she was really good. But the facts are, the stores have gone down hill under her tenure.  The human pinball DMV atmosphere is all her. She just blew it.

But I'm sure you wont let those little facts get in the way of a good hateful narrative to try to hide that you cannot argue on the merits. Much better to paint everyone you dont agree with the broad stroke of sexist, natch.

When you cannot argue the merits, move to ad homonyms.  Thanks for evincing to the world that you have no substantive point.
    Ah, we’ve got another “Fire Cook!” guy. Thank god you aren’t in charge of anything at Apple.
    Right back at you.
    Wouldn’t you feel more at home over at MacRumors.com where the tone is consistently negative and the naysayers outnumber the supporters 10 to 1? Or do you just want to stay here to try and convince us that Angela Arhendts should be fired and Apple should return to building metal boxes that have slots?
    Dr heal thyself.
  • Reply 88 of 91

This from someone I'd lay money on couldn't get past the application stage for employment at Apple.
  • Reply 89 of 91

A disaster for apple as whole and for customers that like it. Ignoring the erosion of quality at the stores is like the apple press that wrote glowing articles about how sales were up for Skully while the company degraded until it was almost too late.

Your entire response is one just like supporters of skully provided, congrats for being a living relic yourself.  Pointing to my lack of posts also points to your lack of substance.  

Your banal conclusion does nothing but support mediocrity.  I have more options that. If enough voices point out, the emperor has no clothes, well realizing you have a problem is the first step to fixing it. Apple's numerous about faces in the face of enough backlash prove how hollow your little spat towards my post is (DVD vs CD Burn, bigger screens on iphones, enough backlash for the non upgradable trashcan mac, etc.). If you didnt fundamentally understand that, rather than resorting to low grade derision, you wouldnt bother writing a damn thing. But I await you taking your own advice, just shut up, and vote with your wallet. Yea, right.
    I've read enough of your tripe to recognize you as just another overeducated idiot in love with his voice.

Confined to home I spend a great deal of my time on the internet learning all I can about Apple/AAP (I am a very successful amateur options trader).  Your "insights" fall short of reality.  Apple has a trillion dollar market cap BECAUSE its customers like what Apple is doing, notwithstanding your own limited, albeit verbose, viewpoint.

Mike, my time is wasted wading through posters like this.  Is there a way to block him from at my end?
  • Reply 90 of 91
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,865administrator

A disaster for apple as whole and for customers that like it. Ignoring the erosion of quality at the stores is like the apple press that wrote glowing articles about how sales were up for Skully while the company degraded until it was almost too late.

Your entire response is one just like supporters of skully provided, congrats for being a living relic yourself.  Pointing to my lack of posts also points to your lack of substance.  

Your banal conclusion does nothing but support mediocrity.  I have more options that. If enough voices point out, the emperor has no clothes, well realizing you have a problem is the first step to fixing it. Apple's numerous about faces in the face of enough backlash prove how hollow your little spat towards my post is (DVD vs CD Burn, bigger screens on iphones, enough backlash for the non upgradable trashcan mac, etc.). If you didnt fundamentally understand that, rather than resorting to low grade derision, you wouldnt bother writing a damn thing. But I await you taking your own advice, just shut up, and vote with your wallet. Yea, right.
    I've read enough of your tripe to recognize you as just another overeducated idiot in love with his voice.

Confined to home I spend a great deal of my time on the internet learning all I can about Apple/AAP (I am a very successful amateur options trader).  Your "insights" fall short of reality.  Apple has a trillion dollar market cap BECAUSE its customers like what Apple is doing, notwithstanding your own limited, albeit verbose, viewpoint.

Mike, my time is wasted wading through posters like this.  Is there a way to block him from at my end?
    Anybody on the forums can be blocked by clicking on the user's name and pulling down the menu that looks like a person on the upper right next to messages. The bottom selection is "Ignore."