The TextBlade keyboard is superb, but you'll have to be patient

Comments

• Reply 541 of 1615

Ericpeets - post 531 - You’ve got to be joking. For the love of god, man - 

After all the intense diatribes, gestapo allusions, etc., why in the heck would you buy anything from a company if it were guilty of such accusations?

Much less up the ante, by adding your girlfriend too.

Just follow your own advice, repeated interminably to everyone else  -  just don’t buy our new technology.

Pax Vobiscum

• Reply 542 of 1615
    Poisednose - glad we agree on the substance.

The Wikipedia reference does not qualify or explain its statement on shelf degradation, with the effects of storage conditions.  It’s incomplete authority.

Referring to it as the absolute authority implicitly strips off the important qualifiers.

Putting all the quantitative facts in context establishes that some storage period before use is immaterial to the service life.

The short initial statement we made was simplified to go straight to the substance, without burdening it with all the of science drill-down.

A manufacturer with the detailed knowledge would typically not go through all of it, and instead go straight to the bottom line substance that counts.

That’s an honourable way to spare the reader the weight of all details, while taking them quickly to the material truth.

When challenged, the more intricate details were provided.

A presumption of innocence saves everyone a lot of time, unless there’s a good reason to doubt it.  

edited May 2019
  • Reply 543 of 1615
    dabigkahunadabigkahuna Posts: 465member

But any competent manufacturer stores their lithium ion cells at proper temperature, and charge level, to stabilize their shelf storage life.

As a result, the practical life of the cells is dominated by the number of charge / discharge cycles used.  Not time on the shelf.

That makes sense - the shelf life they may put on the package is that which is based on a typical users storage scenario which, while apparently still quite long, won't be as good as a manufacturer would keep them.
  • Reply 544 of 1615
    The Wikipedia reference does not qualify or explain its statement on shelf degradation, with the effects of storage conditions.  It’s incomplete authority.
    Yes, although I did link the whole article, which does mention that storage at lower temperatures can somewhat mitigate the shelf degradation. Hence 
    Referring to it as the absolute authority implicitly strips off the important qualifiers.

is not really fair. Particularly given that you then give as your own defence 

The short initial statement we made was simplified to go straight to the substance, without burdening it with all the of science drill-down.

and therefore you expect a greater latitude than you are prepared to allow me.

That’s an honourable way to spare the reader the weight of all details, while taking them quickly to the material truth.

Honourable is a very strange word to use in that context. There's an Inigo Montoya quote that comes to mind.

A presumption of innocence saves everyone a lot of time, unless there’s a good reason to doubt it. 

Indeed.

edited May 2019 ericpeetsalexonline
  • Reply 545 of 1615
    Mark Knighton said:
    If only Phil Schiller had openly admitted the nature of the process all along, and had the courage to play it straight, then we wouldn’t see Apple as disingenuous for promising AirPower and then delaying and canceling it.  Ok. Really?  
    You are not Phil Schiller.
    You are not Apple.

Apple did not:
    • Announce AirPower was ready to ship
    • Take 10,000 orders
    • Collect the money
    • Hold the money
    • Announce 500 successive delayed ship dates, each of which was false
    • Add a free gift for early adopters and never deliver the product or the gift 
    • Promise orders delivered in the order they were queued
    • Send test unit AirPowers to 131 people out of queue order
    • Lie to people about why the AirPower was not shipping

Waytools (Mark Knighton) did those things. Even if you do not see the differences between yourself and Apple, or Textblade and Airpower, everyone else does.

Mark Knighton said:
    Apple didn’t string us along, they simply didn’t know.  They worked earnestly, but it didn’t go as expected.
    Correct. Apple didnt string us along. YOU did. And you took the money. And you kept the money. Apple did not do that.
    Mark Knighton said:
    How can any innovator know in advance of challenges they didn’t anticipate?
    They cant. All of your arguments are stupid strawmen - the tactic of a liar. No one ever said no delay is acceptable. No one ever said any excuse is inexcusable. No one ever said every challenge can be anticipated. Quite the contrary - your customers have granted you good faith and the benefit of the doubt countless times, for 4+ years, and at every turn, you have deflected, obfuscated, and/or outright lied to people about what is really going on. You were given oceans of good faith, and mountains of benefit of the doubt, and you depleted all of it with your scammy lying dodgy criminal attitude towards your customers.
    Mark Knighton said:
    There are no clones on the market 4 years in - what does this evidence? This was indeed challenging new ground, and our team overcame it.
    #1 - At best its evidence of nothing. If anything, its evidence that perhaps the product and form factor is too niche to be profitable, or altogether unworkable, hence the possible reasons you have not produced it. Oh, and there is the question of patent issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JZBLjxPBUU

#2 - You cant say you overcame it. See, thats another example of the way you lie lie lie. The product has not shipped! How can you speak as if the final goal was reached when the game is almost over and the score is 131 (unfinished treg units shipped) to 10,000 (customer orders unfulfilled). Your team is losing. Big time. You have overcome nothing as far as 10,000 customers can tell. Your words mean nothing.

Even the word 'Yes' is redefined to be a meaningless 'maybe' by your Kahuna propagandist.

In 2020, you will be on the internet with the Kahuna shill arguing that 'Yes' and 'It is' meant 'Probably not' and 'Not really'.

Because you are a LIAR.

Mark Knighton said:
    To say “No product shipped”, is an unambiguous, false claim.  To repeat it 30 times -  is purposefully aimed to diminish what has already been achieved, and validated.
    You have NOT shipped. You do not have a finished product. 10,000 people have not received a finished product. The only thing you have shipped are unfinished test units with a variety of issues. Stop LYING and trying to spin the situation as if you have succeeded in fulfilling customer orders. You have not fulfilled ANY orders with a finished product.
    Mark Knighton said:
    The article that spawned this thread exists entirely because of what has already been achieved and delivered so far.  It’s not all orders, but it’s real.
    Its not 'all' orders? You are lying again! Its not ANY orders. Every unit shipped is a test unit. Every treg tester has stated that their unit was a test unit. Based on the Kahuna list, not every treg tester even has the final hardware. Why are you such a diabolical liar? This is why people cant stand you!
    Mark Knighton said:
    All the complex work to refine and ship hundreds of units from production tools, and to achieve high satisfaction for users - that’s not nothing.
    This is something, and it’s unique.  No other company has done it.
    Strawman. No one has argued that your product is not unique. What we have argued is that you are a liar, you took the money up front, you knew you could not ship, you knew it was not ready, you kept the money, you lied and lied and lied about when it would be ready, you still havent shipped, you still have the money, and you still havent shipped.

You see - it is your avoidance of every specific criticism being directed at you that again makes you a liar.
    Mark Knighton said:
    To frame all this as “could have been epic ... but no matter how innovative and perfected ... will never be true”.  These are words whispered in the ear of the runner in the last lap of a great race ... to discourage, and goad them to give up.   We won’t.  With 36 months of validation, the record speaks for itself. Demonstrably, we don’t quit.  
    Ah, there is one of your favorite words: 'Validation'. Once again, nonsense spoken with no foundation or reference for the listener. No one but you has any idea what you have 'validated', or how 'valid' your 'validation' was. Its a nonsense word like all of your 'updates'. Progress is progressing (how much progress? how much more progress remains?). Moving forward (how much further?). Checking off items (how many items checked? how many more items to check?)

Go back and read my post about listing specifics and start writing answers. Read other peoples specific questions and give direct answers.

You cant do it. You wont do it. All you can do is lie to people and write page after page of pure BS. All you can do is waste your time here not answering questions and making yourself look worse with every post.
    Mark Knighton said:
    If you truly feel we knew the challenges before they presented, and intentionally made disingenuous estimates - then on moral grounds, the only rational choice is to cancel.
    Wrong again. On firmly moral ground, over 4 years ago, I engaged in a good faith transaction with you which had a set of terms each party agreed upon, and I intend to hold you to the original terms, plus the terms you added.

You will either:

1) Provide the product + the gift
    2) Refund to everyone who ordered and never received a product: the money + the value of the gift + interest for the 4+ year loan  (wait just a bit longer and a judge will be ordering you to do the same!)

Mark Knighton said:
    You’ve always controlled your money.  Just push the button and take it back if you don’t believe in our good faith. 
    Strawman. The issue is not that any individual can get a refund. The issue is that you have lied to 10,000 people, kept the money, lied to incentivize people to let you keep their money, then lied some more.

STOP LYING.

On the lithium ion battery topic - more BS. They do have a shelf life, and even if optimally stored, they will degrade to some extent over the course of 4-5 years. How much? It depends. One web source I found says:

• Lithium-ion batteries age. They only last two to three years, even if they are sitting on a shelf unused. So do not "avoid using" the battery with the thought that the battery pack will last five years. It won't. Also, if you are buying a new battery pack, you want to make sure it really is new. If it has been sitting on a shelf in the store for a year, it won't last very long. Manufacturing dates are important.

If you google 'lithium ion shelf life' many articles appear indicating a range of 2 to 3 years. Some articles say 5-10 years, which even so, would statistically suggest that some percentage of the batteries will already have failed, and the rest will be well on their way to failure. No article I found says unlimited shelf life under ideal conditions as the liar Waytools_Support (Mark Knighton) attempted to suggest. No matter how you spin it, a 5 year old battery is not a new battery. Its a 5 year old battery.

Why dont you tell us exactly how many units of Textblade you have produced, and the exact date of production of each unit? That is yet another specific question you will never answer because you are too busy bickering and lying to do anything useful. When did you procure the batteries in the existing hardware? Are they in fact almost 5 years old? Will you be replacing every finished unit shipped with new batteries, or will you be selling your old deteriorated hardware to your earliest good faith customers? If I had to bet, I would bet you will screwing people over at every opportunity, as you have already done for the past 4+ years. Actually I would not bet at all, because I know you are never going to ship this product, no matter how old the batteries are. You are lying.

Two pallets of aging Textblades with expired batteries.  Millions of dollars collected from 10,000+ customers? 4+ years. No product shipped. No keys for kids. Who has the money? Mark Knighton has the money.

edited May 2019 alexonline
  • Reply 546 of 1615
    Putting all the quantitative facts in context establishes that some storage period before use is immaterial to the service life.
    A manufacturer with the detailed knowledge would typically not go through all of it, and instead go straight to the bottom line substance that counts.
    4-5 years of storage is not 'some' time. 4-5 years is a long time.

A manufacturer puts a manufactured date on a part, and an expiration date on a part that is known to deteriorate. All you have to do is tell everyone here when you bought the batteries, and when the manufacturer specified them as expired.

But of course, you will not tell. You do not answer simple questions with direct answers. You are a blowhard who spends all his valuable time publicly bickering with all the customers you have ripped off and pissed off, instead of finishing your keyboard. You do not know when to shut your big mouth. You do not know how to concentrate on a task and finish it. You do not know how to be honest. You do not care about your reputation.

You just want the money.

Two pallets of aging Textblades with expired batteries.  Millions of dollars collected from 10,000+ customers? 4+ years. No product shipped. No keys for kids. Who has the money? Mark Knighton has the money.

• Reply 547 of 1615

is not really fair. Particularly given that you then give as your own defence 

and therefore you expect a greater latitude than you are prepared to allow me.

Well done poisednoise. An excellent illustration of the sort of tactical manipulation of the truth that Waytools_support (Mark Knighton) excels at.

alexonline
  • Reply 548 of 1615
    RolanbekRolanbek Posts: 81member
    To say “No product shipped”, is an unambiguous, false claim. 

Only if incomplete protoypes = product. To claim unfinished work as work is fine, but it is somewhat ambiguous. 

for example: 

Has a anything been sent to a customer, where that customer now owns what was sent? 

That would be no, to the best of my knowledge, feel free to chip in here. 

Has a anything been sent to a customer, which will not require and update from you to become the same as a 'finished' general release product? 

That would be no, to the best of my knowledge.

Test units have been shipped to testers != Completed, purchased units are now the property of our customers. 

"Product has been shipped" could be argued to describe either of those positions severally. So the positive statement is ambiguous, rendering the negative also ambiguous. 

You don't gain anything with line of reasoning. 

The battery thing, no clue sorry. I don't make batteries lithium batteries and I'm not familiar with them beyond mundane user experience. 

My questions still stand regarding the current configuration of those units, because like others I would be fascinated to here more about the product, and how long it will take to get into customers hands. I would certainly like to hear less of you conspiracy theories regarding the motive of posters and a lot less about you complaining about customers. in general. 

R

arkorottalexonline
  • Reply 549 of 1615
    arkorottarkorott Posts: 100member

Any chemically-based device, if not stored properly, can degrade just by sitting on the shelf.  That’s true of any kind of battery, or even just a bottle of certain liquid compounds,  since they are chemically based.

In particular, if cells are allowed to get hot, they will degrade on the shelf.

But any competent manufacturer stores their lithium ion cells at proper temperature, and charge level, to stabilize their shelf storage life.

As a result, the practical life of the cells is dominated by the number of charge / discharge cycles used.  Not time on the shelf.

A properly stored battery can last up to 20 years on the shelf. A 500 cycle life provides service for say, 3 years, like your phone.

Ergo, storing it properly for 3 years before entering service has no material effect on the 3 year useable life.  

To say they’ve ‘expired’ is contrived to mislead customers.

Tesla power walls are guaranteed for 10 years, and cars for 8 years.  Both warranties assume significant usage.  Shelf storage is gentler, so they will last even longer.

An iPhone’s battery, stored for 2 hours on the dashboard of a car parked in hot sun, can be permanently ruined. Does this mean the shelf storage life is 2 hours?

Obviously not, our phone batteries last years, not 2 hours, and we know not to leave them in the sun.

So stripping off the qualifier of “stored properly ” removes the entire meaning of the statement.
    Good info. Did not know that. Seems reasonable. What about the state of the charge ? 

When you post the update this month at WT site please try to give enough info to covey a sense of timing for general release (with as many qualifiers and conditionals that you need). Thanks
    alexonline
  • Reply 550 of 1615
    arkorottarkorott Posts: 100member
    1. I've advocated for stuff like that - that is, IF (big "if") Treg finds no bugs you need to fix before shipping, how long would you keep Treg testing going just to be sure it is okay? 

2. I disagree with you :)
    Ok, we agree on #1 and agree to disagree on #2 (enforced refunding):

You can't rationalize where to draw the line of when is ok and when it is not ok, because you 
    can't. Is is a line not to be crossed. I think you agree that my previous example with Ford repossessing you car because you criticize them is ridiculous, right ?
    Well, this is not that different.
    The only difference is that in this case it is easy to accomplish and therefore you CAN do it, and the other it is not only illegal but also impractical so you CAN'T do it. Doing things because you can does not mean it is the right thing to do even if you want to.

1 year warranty
    1 year replacement if they come out with a better version
    Very low replacement price if you ruin your device.
    True. When GR materializes all of these will be relevant. I do not recall much of the last one. Where did you read about that ?

edit: typos
  • Reply 551 of 1615
    Happy Sunday to all!

We’ll let the spin talent on the job this weekend indulge in the (very long) last word.

Enough said.  Readers can decide what’s going on.

It’s an extraordinarily beautiful day outside!
  • Reply 552 of 1615
    ericpeetsericpeets Posts: 99member

Ericpeets - post 531 - You’ve got to be joking. For the love of god, man - 

Right... It's a joke to you. Why am I not surprised?

After all the intense diatribes, gestapo allusions, etc., why in the heck would you buy anything from a company if it were guilty of such accusations?

Much less up the ante, by adding your girlfriend too.

I don't 'buy' anything from your company -- literally and figuratively.

Think of my offer as monetary donation to whoever it is you're going to throw under the bus when you fail to deliver in 2019. One of your interns, maybe? Just add that to their severance pay, as they may find themselves jobless around the holiday season.

You don't seem to understand, much less care, that there will be (and there were) casualties and collateral damages to your 4+ year long string of lies. People who wanted to write their doctoral thesis with the Textblade, people who wanted to use it before they retire, people who wanted to teach typing to their kids using the textblade, and on and on. I know you think nothing of them, but it saddens me terribly to read their posts.

Their hopes were dashed, frustrated, and even some humiliated by you and your actions (or inactions). In my book, they need to be compensated or at least given closure.

Besides, you like money. You like hoarding it (since you repeatedly claim you haven't used any of it). Hopefully more money will get you to at least provide decent updates for the disenfranchised in your forums. I knew that $99 wouldn't be enough for you to move your behind, but hoped that $198 will...? Or do you need more? A lot more...? Just to perform the basic duties of a company?

As for me, I don't expect any delivery of a textblade. I know you're not keen on humor, but when I said 'GR or forever, whichever comes first' I was being redundant. Humor's lost when you have to explain.
    alexonline
  • Reply 553 of 1615
    Ok, apologies for foolishly taking your statement at face value.   
  • Reply 554 of 1615
    dabigkahuna said:

Fair enough, though I wouldn’t call that “assured”. I interpreted that more of what they expected which is a step below that. 
    I don't think that anyone at the time that was written interpreted their "Yes" and "It is" as a mere "expected" except for you. Personally, I interpreted it as WayTools stating it as a fact, as in "It is a fact that the TextBlade will ship (General Release) in 2019". They seemed almost offended that people would think otherwise.

But I invite @WayTools_Support to clarify. Did you mean that as mere expectation? Were you trying to assure us that GR would happen in 2019? Were you stating it as a fact?

(Please answer--a short, simple response would save sooo much semantic quibbling.)

Edit to add: None of this is intended as snark. I am being earnest here. (Tone is difficult in text.)
    edited May 2019
  • Reply 555 of 1615
    Even the word 'Yes' is redefined to be a meaningless 'maybe' by your Kahuna propagandist.

In 2020, you will be on the internet with the Kahuna shill arguing that 'Yes' and 'It is' meant 'Probably not' and 'Not really'.
    Why don't you actually see if you can counter the point I made. I gave a clear example to explain the point. The example is one that is easy to understand and probably everyone can recall an perfectly legitimate experience where it happened to (or by) them - and they wouldn't consider it a lie.

As for the "It is", again, that refers to whether things are in some way different now than they were years ago. They are. I've pointed out some obvious ones myself, right in this thread.
  • Reply 556 of 1615

arkorott said:
    Ok, we agree on #1 and agree to disagree on #2 (enforced refunding):

You can't rationalize where to draw the line of when is ok and when it is not ok, because you can't.

I do not recall much of the last one. Where did you read about that ?
    Well, actually, I can rationalize that a line can be drawn. The hard part is WHERE it can be drawn. The fact that it is hard or subject to many different views doesn't mean there should be no line at all. And we do it all the time. Examples:

How old to vote: A 2 year old is definitely too young, but there are different opinions on where that line is drawn.

How old to marry, at least without parental permission.

All kinds of things.

As for the replacement cost, it is on their main page, click Services and Fix (I think that's the pattern. Replacement for an item the customer damages is $29.

Also, in looking for this, I noted that any warranty repair, they pay for shipping both ways so that's good too.

• Reply 557 of 1615
    patientlywaiting said:

I don't think that anyone at the time that was written interpreted their "Yes" and "It is" as a mere "expected" except for you.
    Actually, I think most people, were it not for being upset at the many delays, would feel the same way I do - which is why I gave my example. These kinds of situations where someone says "yes" to something, but something happens so it doesn't happen, are not interpreted as lies. They are everyday kind of events.

Now, if people want to complain that this many delays is not good, fine. But this "yes/no" is binary with no other factors involved when we evaluate the results just isn't so.
  • Reply 558 of 1615
    patientlywaiting said:

I don't think that anyone at the time that was written interpreted their "Yes" and "It is" as a mere "expected" except for you.
    Actually, I think most people, were it not for being upset at the many delays, would feel the same way I do - which is why I gave my example. These kinds of situations where someone says "yes" to something, but something happens so it doesn't happen, are not interpreted as lies. They are everyday kind of events.

[Bolding is mine]. Right, but that is exactly the context in which they said it. Context matters. It is true that in many cases a simple "Yes" can be a mere "I expect to". But in the context of "I am upset...are you realllly going to ship the TextBlade this year??"* a simple "Yes" is read as an assurance by almost everybody. Except, apparently, you.

Please, @WayTools_Support , can you weigh in here? I would love to not have a multi-page debate over the meaning of the word "Yes" when you could clear it up in a second.

*Not a literal quote, but hopefully you understand and will not quibble with some sort of "Those aren't the exact words that AdamRoxby used".
    alexonline
  • Reply 559 of 1615
    [Bolding is mine]. Right, but that is exactly the context in which they said it. Context matters. It is true that in many cases a simple "Yes" can be a mere "I expect to". But in the context of "I am upset...are you realllly going to ship the TextBlade this year??"* a simple "Yes" is read as an assurance by almost everybody. Except, apparently, 
    Yes, that context matters too. But since there are few absolute guarantees in life, it is still true that “yes” is a an expectation. It all comes down to what they think they can do. 

The point is, claiming “yes” means something is somehow assured and is strictly “binary” is just an excuse to make more personal attacks. 

Its easy to criticize many things without doing that. 
  • Reply 560 of 1615
    Under your definition, is there anything WayTools could say that doesn't boil down to mere "expectation"? If they said "I promise to [X]" or "I guarantee you that [Y]" or "I assure you that [Z]", would you say those were only expectations? After all, even if they said that I could always use your argument that some unforeseen event could still occur to prevent it and thus their promise/guarantee/assurance was merely an expectation.
This discussion has been closed.