The TextBlade keyboard is superb, but you'll have to be patient

Comments

• Reply 581 of 1615
    dabigkahunadabigkahuna Posts: 465member

Considering your practice of keeping your order while ridiculing anyone who places an order, let's take a different approach. How about you publicly vow to cancel your order in WayTools does ship in 2019 or 2020? Just so we can tell if you really believe what you say (which doesn't mean anyone else has to believe it!). 
    Why would I do that? I have repeatedly and clearly stated that my intent is to hold Waytools accountable to the original terms of sale, which is reasonable under any circumstances, and to retain a claim so I can sue if absolutely necessary. I am among the earliest customers.
    But you said it wouldn't ship. If it doesn't then agreeing to cancel your order if it does doesn't affect your chances of getting it (assuming your are correct), nor would it affect your claimed effort to hold them accountable for NOT shipping. Only if you are wrong do you lose anything. Seems you aren't very confident about that.
  • Reply 582 of 1615
    TextBladeDenied said:
    You are fixated on the notion of 'lying' as a 'binary' choice

so you use the innocent example of guaranteeing a spouse you will pick up the kids and then getting into a car accident. You intentionally pick the most excusable scenario.
    1. Well, you are the one who keeps saying they are lying, as if there is no other possibility. So it sure seems binary to you!

2. Just establishing that saying "Yes" and then not achieving what you said "Yes" to does not mean someone lied. And I've pointed out that whether it is something actually bad or not depends upon WHY - which doesn't include whatever you might ASSUME.
  • Reply 583 of 1615
    Re posts 575 and 576 -

Rather odd how both perpetually make the case for how these ‘lying liar’ scoundrels don’t make their imaginary product, and are stealing money, while they both concurrently chastise the maker for ‘forcing’ customers to take their money back in refunds.
    As stated repeatedly:  Holding you accountable to the original terms of sale. Really pissed off after 4+ years of your BS. Dont like it? Tough.
    Re posts 575 and 576 -

Even more baffling is how both of them in lock-step, each insist on leaving their money with these alleged thieves, to get the non-product, that’s not production, and will never ship.  
    As stated previously:  To retain a claim against you for a possible lawsuit. TBD. Dont like it? Too bad.
    Re posts 575 and 576 -

And how both go to great lengths to hide their identities and orders so they don’t get ‘punished” with a refund of their “stolen” money. And this is just to make sure they can file a claim to recover said money which they refuse to take back. 
     (Note - I do not know or speak for Rolanbek despite Mark Knighton lumping us together.)

That point aside, speaking only for myself - 100% correct on both points! You finally seem to be getting some of this through your thick skull.
    Re posts 575 and 576 -

And all of this playing out on the comment section of an article about this imaginary product, which didn’t get produced, and didn’t ship to anyone at all, and certainly not to the writer who didn’t get it, but somehow managed to find it superb and loves writing on it.
    Deflection. Obfuscation. Lies. Nobody has claimed the Appleinsider author did not receive a test unit. Nobody has claimed that there are no test units. See how you twist and turn and lie? Thank you for yet another example.

Quite the contrary, I have repeatedly made the point (check my footnote on every post) that you have obtained potentially tens of thousands in revenue per unit for the 131 unfinished test units delivered to treg testers. I dont know how many of those units account for those shipped to journalists. If you prefer, I will account for the two I am aware of in my footnote (1 to Macrumors years ago + 1 to Appleinsider).
    Mark Knighton said:
    Re posts 575 and 576 -

If you’re having trouble following all this, perhaps it’s because that is precisely the plan.
    Nobody here is confused except you, and your CPO (Chief Propaganda Officer) Kahuna.
    Re posts 575 and 576 -

Confusion and distraction are often the bedfellows of deception.
    That is a beautiful example right there of accusing others of that which you know best.

Did I (or Rolanbenk) take your money 4+ years ago and promise you a product would be in your hands at a series of missed ship dates?

You really need to get a grip on yourself.

Two pallets of aging Textblades with expired batteries.  Millions of dollars collected from 100,000+ customers? $95,419.84 in revenue per prototype test units (131) supplied? 2 unfinished test units provided to journalists. 4+ years of waiting. No final product shipped. No keys for kids. Who has the money? Mark Knighton has the money.

edited May 2019 alexonline
  • Reply 584 of 1615
    But you said it wouldn't ship. If it doesn't then agreeing to cancel your order if it does doesn't affect your chances of getting it (assuming your are correct), nor would it affect your claimed effort to hold them accountable for NOT shipping. Only if you are wrong do you lose anything. Seems you aren't very confident about that.
    You are confused. Read what you wrote. If I cancel my order, I cancel my claim. Not going to happen. I retain the right to hold them accountable to the original terms of sale. Period. Obfuscate all you want. Does not matter.

2. Just establishing that saying "Yes" and then not achieving what you said "Yes" to does not mean someone lied. And I've pointed out that whether it is something actually bad or not depends upon WHY - which doesn't include whatever you might ASSUME.
    I dont care what nonsense you think you are establishing. It is not important. You are ignoring the fact that language conveys intent, and intent establishes accountability. When someone is held accountable for their actions in court, the standard of evidence is not the realm of all possibilities in the quantum physical universe as you like to suggest in your whimsical nonsensical and naive musings. In civil cases, preponderance of the evidence suffices. 

Two pallets of aging Textblades with expired batteries.  Millions of dollars collected from 100,000+ customers? $95,419.84 in revenue per prototype test units (131) supplied? 2 unfinished test units provided to journalists. 4+ years of waiting. No final product shipped. No keys for kids. Who has the money? Mark Knighton has the money.
  • Reply 585 of 1615
    TextBladeDenied said:

You are confused. Read what you wrote. If I cancel my order, I cancel my claim. 
    You said they will NOT ship in 2019 and 2020. The deal would only require you cancel if you are WRONG. If you are right, your claim remains.

Seems you have no confidence in your assertion!
  • Reply 586 of 1615
    TextBladeDenied said:
    You are confused. Read what you wrote. If I cancel my order, I cancel my claim. 
    You said they will NOT ship in 2019 and 2020. The deal would only require you cancel if you are WRONG. If you are right, your claim remains.
    Seems you have no confidence in your assertion!
    I am completely confident they will not ship in 2019 or 2020, and I am completely confident that I will retain my order and thus my right to a claim for as long as I please until I see fit to do otherwise, regardless of whatever biased propaganda you spew onto the internet shilling for Mark Knighton.

What I lack confidence in is your grasp on reality.

alexonline
  • Reply 587 of 1615
    I am completely confident they will not ship in 2019 or 2020, and I am completely confident that I will retain my order
    If you were confident, you'd agree to cancel if they ship to show your confidence. Because IF you are right, you risk nothing. So you must not be confident at all.

Lots of people pretend to be confident to the point of being "absolutely sure". And in almost every case, they are not. You might have some guy declaring a certain team will positively win the Super Bowl and to show his "confidence", make a $20 bet. But he won't agree to bet, say, $1000. Why? Because he doesn't have that much confidence! He's simply willing to risk $20 but he knows it is a risk.

edited May 2019
  • Reply 588 of 1615
    Summary of my position on the TextBlade

It is fantastic tech and the best AND most versatile keyboard I've ever had.

I expect it will ship in General Release.

I do not KNOW that it will ship.

I am and was from the very beginning willing to risk $99. Not everyone is.

I added another to my order after getting to use it and am seriously thinking of ordering up to 6 (some for gifts).

I don't even suggest that others should order a TextBlade and take on any risk. As I've said, I'd willing pay $300 for this, now that I know how good it is. So it wouldn't be a big deal to pay another $30 because you want to wait and be sure.

I do tell people the benefits of making a preorder. Yet I'm not sure exactly that they may be at this point with the new price upon release and also a likely change in what is included. Plus no idea what the value of the free gift will be for orders at this point. We only know the value of the top gift (and it is really good!). And, regardless of anything else, it seems you would save the $30 price increase.

If you order and they don't ship and they go out of business, you might lose $99. YOU have to decide if you want to accept that risk.

So my opinion is anyone thinking about ordering one should simply weigh things out and MAKE THEIR OWN DECISION while realizing there are no absolute guarantees.

Feel free to wait to see if it reaches general release and order then. Or wait until it not only releases, but some period of time passes so you can see how ordinary people report on it.

I'm pretty sure not a single person in Treg would tell you that you SHOULD buy it just because they love theirs. We took a risk too. In our case, we were lucky to get chosen for Treg, but until then, it was the same risk as everyone else, made freely. We respect the ability of others to make their own decisions.
    idea2go_twitter
  • Reply 589 of 1615
    What the TextBlade may have trouble with

Let's see, at present it isn't very practical to lay it on your lap! Of course, you can do what I did and simply get a flat plexiglass sign holder to set it on. This can be handy because it means you can print out a chart of your layout and slide it inside the sign holder. Or anything else rigid and flat. Some might say, "Then you lose the extreme portability". Okay, sure, but you don't have that with the other options out there in their basic form anyway. Besides, my sign holder fits just fine in my carrying case for my iPad. And I've used other, smaller things as well. Whatever best suits you.

Will likely require some serious customization of you do coding. I know some coders have done this and so it works fine. I do not know if it works for every coding situation.

Not sure of the effect of LONG fingernails. I think it is safe to say it is better without them being long, but I don't know how difficult it would be to use it anyway. A lot may depend on the angle of your fingers hitting the keys.

While it certainly works better for touch typists, anyone should be able to type even if they use other typing approaches. I suspect additional adjustment time would be needed. OTOH, I submit the TextBlade lends itself to learning to touch type much easier. After all, you aren't trying to deal with 6 rows of keys with each being a bigger stretch for your fingers than the TextBlade is.

It isn't a good keyboard to use where others can see you since they will come over and interrupt your work!
  • Reply 590 of 1615
    I am completely confident they will not ship in 2019 or 2020, and I am completely confident that I will retain my order
    If you were confident, you'd agree to cancel if they ship to show your confidence. 
    Says who? You?

No.

Hows that?

I do not care what you think, silly little troll.

Summary of my position on the TextBlade

I am and was from the very beginning willing to risk $99. Not everyone is.
    I added another to my order after getting to use it and am seriously thinking of ordering up to 6 (some for gifts).
    By your own admission, you have received more than one unfinished prototype test unit, which is the best Waytools is ever going to deliver, so you have risked nothing. You got something in exchange for your money. If you paid for 6 more, you probably would get them (skimmed off the top of one of those two pallets I imagine) as you are part of the Ponzi scheme being played here alongside Mark Knighton.
    So my opinion is anyone thinking about ordering one should simply weigh things out and MAKE THEIR OWN DECISION 
    Who are you speaking to? Do you actually think someone exists in this world that needs to be admonished by you to make their own decision? Seriously?

• Reply 591 of 1615

Two pallets of aging Textblades with expired batteries.  Millions of dollars collected from 10,000+ customers? 4+ years. No product shipped. No keys for kids. Who has the money? Mark Knighton has the money.

TextBladeDenier -  Oops.  Gotcha.

You’ve now quietly edited that closing fud slogan to read “No final product shipped”.  

That little tweak says it all.  It’s the story in a nutshell.  

Why? Because of this -
    Re posts 575 and 576 -

And all of this playing out on the comment section of an article about this imaginary product, which didn’t get produced, and didn’t ship to anyone at all, and certainly not to the writer who didn’t get it, but somehow managed to find it superb and loves writing on it.
    Deflection. Obfuscation. Lies. Nobody has claimed the Appleinsider author did not receive a test unit. Nobody has claimed that there are no test units. See how you twist and turn and lie? Thank you for yet another example.

Quite the contrary, I have repeatedly made the point (check my footnote on every post) that you have obtained potentially tens of thousands in revenue per unit for the 131 unfinished test units delivered to treg testers. I dont know how many of those units account for those shipped to journalists. If you prefer, I will account for the two I am aware of in my footnote (1 to Macrumors years ago + 1 to Appleinsider).

That little word “final” slipped in ever so quietly, shows just how slippery and sneaky you are.

It’s the same, consistent story of the anonymous ID’s, the misinformation methods, and the agenda.

Since you’d posted “No product shipped.” - several dozen times - and relied on that position - you now realized you were in trouble.

This is quite fascinating since it’s all documented before our eyes, in real time —

We can actually see the precise moment when it dawned on you - where one misrepresentation now put another at risk of discovery.  

So you had to fudge it to cover up your problem with your new bogus claim. 

The basic tactic - accuse your target of what you’re doing to them.

The purse-snatcher yelling “Stop thief! while he grabs the bag. 

Man, how creepy this is.  Your accusation is the very thing you’re doing -

Deflection. Obfuscation. Lies. Nobody has claimed the Appleinsider author did not receive a test unit. Nobody has claimed that there are no test units. See how you twist and turn and lie? Thank you for yet another example.” 

What irony.

Right, ‘nobody’ limited their claim to test units.  Your claim went far broader, for maximal shock value.  You claimed “No product shipped.”  Period.  Because it sounds so bad.  That’s the agenda.  And you made it a mantra.  A false mantra, but you sure repeated the heck out of it.

If your new statement is true, that means the old one - wasn’t.  That one you kept repeating.

If no product shipped, why did this article happen?  Products aren’t products, they’re err, prototypes. Customers using it are all ... shills.  People disagreeing with you are paid. The author doesn’t actually like the thing, he just said so.  At some point, the weight of evidence is overwhelming.  What’s real is real.

Take whatever good work is achieved and deny, diminish and denigrate.  Flip everything negative.  That’s oppo-PR for you.  Truth is expendable.  Message is king.

The fact that you altered the slogan proved you knew you were culpable.  You understood the intellectual dishonesty of your statement, and you worked quickly to rehabilitate your problem.  You altered the text to cover your tracks.  This reads like an anatomy of how fraud is perpetrated.  Change your story, then cover your tracks.

You never wanted this product.  This is just a gig for you.  You could care less about how you impact its customers.

You just want to make a buck trying to dish hurt on the guys creating the new tech. 

The thing is, folks like TextBlade.  They want it, and we’re making it.

• Reply 592 of 1615
    Mark Knighton said:
    Two pallets of aging Textblades with expired batteries.  Millions of dollars collected from 10,000+ customers? 4+ years. No product shipped. No keys for kids. Who has the money? Mark Knighton has the money.
    You’ve now quietly edited that closing fud slogan to read “No final product shipped”.  

That little word “final” slipped in ever so quietly, shows just how slippery and sneaky you are.
    It’s the same, consistent story of the anonymous ID’s, the misinformation methods, and the agenda.
    Since you’d posted “No product shipped.” - several dozen times - and relied on that position - you now realized you were in trouble.
    This is quite fascinating since it’s all documented before our eyes, in real time —
    We can actually see the precise moment when it dawned on you - where one misrepresentation now put another at risk of discovery.  
    I will change it back the way it was, because it is fine either way. You have not shipped any product to 100,000 customers. Both statements were true, depending on the perspective I wish to promote. From MY perspective, you have shipped nothing. I thought adding 'final' was being courteous to your desires for minutia, but since you have complained about it, I will put it back the way it was.

Glad to see I am keeping you up at night.  If you had any sense, you would be early to bed and early to rise, working hard to finish the little keyboard you charged thousands of people money for.

But you do not care about your work, or your reputation. Look at you. Look at what you are doing right now.

Keep posting Mark. Like I have said from the outset, the more you display your personality, the better people are able to see what you really are.

Two pallets of aging Textblades with expired batteries.  Millions of dollars collected from 100,000+ customers? $95,419.84 in revenue per prototype test units (131) supplied? 2 unfinished test units provided to journalists. 4+ years of waiting. No product shipped. No keys for kids. Who has the money? Mark Knighton has the money.

alexonline
  • Reply 593 of 1615

The thing is, folks like TextBlade.  They want it, and we’re making it.
    Yep, I have never disputed that the 131 treg testers, two journalists, and yourself, like the Textblade, since they are the only people known to have actually used it for any length of time. But for the 100,000 other customers who paid around $100 a piece, they dont like the situation much at all, since you took their money, and gave them nothing in return. 4+ years ago.

No matter how you try, it will not obfuscate the essential points. But keep posting Mark. Keep wasting your time to show everyone how focused you are on your work.

You are a lying scam artist. You have lied countless times about ship dates, and causes of delays. You have not shipped a finished product to anyone. You will not ship in 2019 or 2020. Given the established record of this thread, all I have to do is wait, and then say, 'I told you so'.

Two pallets of aging Textblades with expired batteries.  Millions of dollars collected from 100,000+ customers? $95,419.84 in revenue per prototype test units (131) supplied? 2 unfinished test units provided to journalists. 4+ years of waiting. No product shipped. No keys for kids. Who has the money? Mark Knighton has the money.

• Reply 594 of 1615
    weirdosmurfweirdosmurf Posts: 101member

Why? Because of this -
    Re posts 575 and 576 -

The basic tactic - accuse your target of what you’re doing to them.

The purse-snatcher yelling “Stop thief! while he grabs the bag. 

Man, how creepy this is.  Your accusation is the very thing you’re doing -

Deflection. Obfuscation. Lies. Nobody has claimed the Appleinsider author did not receive a test unit. Nobody has claimed that there are no test units. See how you twist and turn and lie? Thank you for yet another example.” 

What irony.

Right, ‘nobody’ limited their claim to test units.  Your claim went far broader, for maximal shock value.  You claimed “No product shipped.”  Period.  Because it sounds so bad.  That’s the agenda.  And you made it a mantra.  A false mantra, but you sure repeated the heck out of it.

If your new statement is true, that means the old one - wasn’t.  That one you kept repeating.

If no product shipped, why did this article happen?  Products aren’t products, they’re err, prototypes. Customers using it are all ... shills.  People disagreeing with you are paid. The author doesn’t actually like the thing, he just said so.  At some point, the weight of evidence is overwhelming.  What’s real is real.

Take whatever good work is achieved and deny, diminish and denigrate.  Flip everything negative.  That’s oppo-PR for you.  Truth is expendable.  Message is king.

To be entirely fair and reasonable, you’d need to knowledge that stating “product shipped” is an obfuscation at best and disingenuous at worst (technically it could be considered worse, but I’m trying to be reasonable...)

”Product shipped” has an inference with it to a reasonable outsider (potential customer) that the general release product has been shipped to customers in exchange for payment. It’s an extremely slippery way to phrase something which doesn’t actually mean what a reasonable person would think it means...

Your “product” has yet to ship. Your test beta-units have been sent out for testing purposes. These are not production units. You have stated that the testers, when general release actually occurs, will receive their units brand new and they can return their beta-test units...

Equally, to be fair on the last point of that snippet I’ve quoted; your statement of “message is king” kinda smells just as stinky if applied to you... you are the king of messaging over substance and twisting and turning the English language in to a pretzel to convey a message which portrays you far better than the cold, clear facts alone do...

“Messaging” is spin; if you’re a genuine engineer, let your device do the talking (borrowing a musician’s saying “let your instrument do your talking...), not mealy-mouthed spin doctoring... Only way that’ll happen? Releasing a good product. The sooner that occurs, the sooner dissatisfied customers will stop complaining... If you don’t enjoy 5 years of testy customer feedback, then get get your arse in to gear and improve your output (or that of your staff). However if you want to wait and wait and wait some more while you’re waiting, then you’ll continue to have frustrated customers - especially the ones who felt “bait and switched” by your initial offering implying release was imminent... 4+yrs ago...

alexonline
  • Reply 595 of 1615
    The funniest thing about that post is that you basically vomited all over this thread because you finally found one word in the footnote of my posts that you thought made a sentence debatable.

I guess that means everything else I have said is indisputable. Thank you for the vote of confidence. I do have your number Mark.

For reference:

Two pallets of aging Textblades with expired batteriesMillions of dollars collected from 100,000+ customers? $95,419.84 in revenue per prototype test units (131) supplied? 2 unfinished test units provided to journalists. 4+ years of waiting. No product (final, finished) shipped (to any customers except testers who will have to return the product eventually in exchange for a final version - and lets not forget about that dead mans switch to disable the keyboard entirely if testers do not return the test unit). No keys for kids. Who has the money? Mark Knighton has the money.

See? But thats too wordy. I will keep it as is until I decide to change it again.

You just keep track of all the changes for me, ok? Thanks.

alexonline
  • Reply 596 of 1615
    The real beauty of the way this thread has unfolded is that I have been up front since the beginning that I believe Waytools (Mark Knighton) to be an unredeemable liar, who has shown bad faith and ill will towards his customers, and poor judgement all around.

Taken in whole, everything he has posted on this thread, along with his trusty propaganda sidekick Kahuna, has demonstrated all charges to be true. 

Mark Knighton is an extremely unpleasant and toxic personality. He attacks recklessly and relentlessly. His attitude and personality reflect a criminal mindset. His accusations of 'Oppo-PR' (note that he has not told anyone who he thinks the oppo-PR is operating on behalf of) are paranoid and bizarre if taken at face value, but really he is just trolling when he says stuff like that. That tells you something else about him: he would rather bicker and fight and troll his pissed off customers, all of whom he ripped off**, than act like a professional adult and resolve the situation with them.    **except 131 random testers who paid for the product just as I did and received an unfinished product about a year later in exchange for promising their free beta testing services

On his forum, you only get one or two rounds of his nasty attacks. Then you are banned. Conversation over. No emails or phone calls are ever returned from Waytools, so all communication thence forth ceases entirely.

Thats not just my story. Thats the story of thousands of Waytools customers.

This thread is the story of Mark Knighton.

• Reply 597 of 1615
    TextBladeDenier -

Lots of pages of damage control up there.  

Guess the elephant in the room got lit up.  And flinched.

Anyone who brags about keeping folks up at night gives definition to creepy.

A person who actually wants the product, doesn’t hope to say “I told you so”.

That fact that you’re working against success is woven throughout the tone of your posts.

You’re not doing customers any favors.

alexonline
  • Reply 598 of 1615
    Weirdosmurf - 

We’ve shipped several hundred production units to treg.  

You say it’s not product, and it’s not production.

You say “product shipped” in quotes as if we said it.  We didn’t.  

We’re explicit that it’s not in general release yet. 

Our statement is true, yours aren’t. 

This was the same fud you tried to sell on our forum, which is why you’re here now.

alexonline
  • Reply 599 of 1615

Dabigkauna - that’s the bottom line.

Know the facts, then make your own choice.

Anyone who doesn’t want in, we respect. 

Anyone who chooses to encourage us, we want to reciprocate.  

Any change of substance will have detractors and supporters.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

It would be great if everyone was fair online.  It’s not that way.  Trolls happen, and we all deal with it.

But when something is good, all of this eventually sorts out, and it prevails.

• Reply 600 of 1615
    WayTools_Support said [in post 599]:
    Weirdosmurf - 

We’ve shipped several hundred production units to treg.  

You say it’s not product, and it’s not production.

You say “product shipped” in quotes as if we said it.  We didn’t.  [my italics]

We’re explicit that it’s not in general release yet. 

Our statement is true, yours aren’t. 

This was the same fud you tried to sell on our forum, which is why you’re here now.
    however...

WayTools_Support said [in post 571]:
    Production vs Protoype

weirdosmurf post 568 and tbd posts 563, 569 -

The terms used in industry for physical hardware products work like this, sequentially  -

Mock-up —> Breadboard —>  Prototype —>  Test Samples —> Pre-Production —> Pilot Production —> Production

- Mock-ups through Test Samples are all made without production tools, by hand fabrication, 3D printing, machining, or temporary castings.

- Pre-production uses some test shots from some of the tools together with improvised parts for testing.

- Pilot production uses the tooled parts, before all the volume assembly processes are sorted out.

Production - is from the actual molds, dies, and assembly processes.

Objectively and Unequivocally  - the TextBlades shipped to treg customers are Production.  There’s no wordplay wiggle-room at all. They can’t be anything else. [my italics]

I have no axe to grind here, but I do feel it only fair that inconsistencies are pointed out.
This discussion has been closed.