ok... hmmm... so what is THIS then?

Why, it's clearly an ashtray!!!

ZoSo
  • Reply 122 of 140
    badpatbadpat Posts: 3member
    Quote:

Originally posted by lungaretta

ok... hmmm... so what is THIS then?

That is a mock-up i made with the dimesnions from macwispher.

I've got the other picture by mail.

Patrick
  • Reply 123 of 140
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Shame the perspective is waaaaay out...
  • Reply 124 of 140
    Quote:

Originally posted by Badpat

That is a mock-up i made with the dimesnions from macwispher.

I've got the other picture by mail.

Patrick

That oft-rumored Nintendo/Apple thing must be happening, then, as it clearly has Gameboy Advance switches and headphone jack.
  • Reply 125 of 140
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Overhope

Shame the perspective is waaaaay out...

Actually, no, it's no waayyy off. Some elements on the screen are milli-off but the device itself [or most of it] looks real and is correctly following the tight focus of the right front corner.

What did it for me was no wire shadow on the right, it's there on the device but not on the screen.
  • Reply 126 of 140
    Oh! Oh! Gimmie! (shame that today is 4-1...)

If they DID come out with one, I'd order it today.
  • Reply 127 of 140
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KidRed

Actually, no, it's no waayyy off. Some elements on the screen are milli-off but the device itself [or most of it] looks real and is correctly following the tight focus of the right front corner.

What did it for me was no wire shadow on the right, it's there on the device but not on the screen.

The perspective does look off...I've noticed this since the very first time I saw the mockup. It looks like a distorted trapezoid tablet/PDA to me.

It could be the lightsource and shadows and other elements on the picture that are making the tablet look distorted but, it does look distorted.
  • Reply 128 of 140
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KidRed

Actually, no, it's no waayyy off.

I was talking about the second picture which has no image on the screen...
  • Reply 129 of 140
    K, here is my NEWEST and BEST tablet mockup... http://www.spymac.com/gallery/showph...sort=1&thecat= ... hope you like it!
  • Reply 130 of 140
    Quote:

Originally posted by Overhope

I was talking about the second picture which has no image on the screen...

Ah, ok.
  • Reply 131 of 140
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

The perspective does look off...I've noticed this since the very first time I saw the mockup. It looks like a distorted trapezoid tablet/PDA to me.

It could be the lightsource and shadows and other elements on the picture that are making the tablet look distorted but, it does look distorted.

That disstortion happens when a subject is that close to the camera, it throws off the visually fixed point on the horizon. What happens is when an object is so close to the camera, you have a different focal point and foreshortening comes into play forcing the background perspective to become dynamic and therefore creating that out of wack look.
  • Reply 132 of 140
    Sorry, that link was broken - here is the real link - http://www.spymac.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=23068 - my mock up... btw, spymac makes me mad sometimes... they have to flame me on something that isnt my rumor... plus, im not a pro, just a guy with a copy of ps
  • Reply 133 of 140
    teddyteddy Posts: 155member
    Bioflavonoid I think that mock up is sweet. Don't worry about those guys at spymac. I think it looks awsome I would take one. If they don't like it they should stop bitching and make one of there own. Anyways that looks really nice. Lets hope it comes true.
  • Reply 134 of 140
    Quote:

Originally posted by Teddy

Bioflavonoid I think that mock up is sweet. Don't worry about those guys at spymac. I think it looks awsome I would take one. If they don't like it they should stop bitching and make one of there own. Anyways that looks really nice. Lets hope it comes true.

Thanks man, Spymac, in my opinion, is a big ass sometimes.
  • Reply 135 of 140
    What if this Mac Tablet was really a thin client to some new DVR? Not that I give MOSR much credit for accuracy, however, they speculated on March 12th of 2002 that Apple was working on a DVR and that it could possibly incorporate 802.11g. (look through their achives...).

Now, considering that iPod is the only 'hub' device, and considering that it has been so successful at getting PC users to look at Apple hardware with it's Win version, wouldn't it make sense for Apple to introduce a tablet that doesn't necessarily need a MAC, but is just icing on the cake if you do own one?

The Tablet would be able to play video, because it could stream it from the Apple Branded DVR. Audio could be provided by the stereo that the DVR is hooked up to, and the DVR would be hooked up to the internet. The tablet and or your Mac would hook up automatically using Rendezvous (voila zero-config necessary! Brainless for PC Users.) For a home user who hasn't yet bought into wireless, the Apple Branded DVR encorporates an Airport base station. And additionally, the pictureframe Tablet becomes a means to surf and to video conference with iChat (plus Inkwell, plus iCal, yadda yadda, yadda)

MOSR did seem to reiterate the same again on July 7th of 2002. This tablet could just be an answer to MS's yet to be successful MIRA.

Just a thought... ...blatent speculation! And maybe introduced at NAB? possibly?
  • Reply 136 of 140
    P.S.

the DVR would have a DVD-RW in it so you could record your TV suff and or your home movies from your iMac. This would allow you to play your DVD's and watch them on your Tablet. (someone was sad that the tablet didn't have a DVD slot in the enclosure... here is your drive!)
  • Reply 137 of 140
    bandalaybandalay Posts: 116member
    Am I crazy (don't answer that) or does this look a lot like what Macwhispers described?

Debuting in 2nd quarter 03...
  • Reply 138 of 140
    cyclecycle Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bandalay

Am I crazy (don't answer that) or does this look a lot like what Macwhispers described?

Debuting in 2nd quarter 03...

the price will kill it...
  • Reply 139 of 140
    While I desperately want the mysterious device to be an iBook crammed into a tablet form factor with 8? screen (complete with 802.11g, Bluetooth, Firewire...and maybe even GSM/GPRS), a thought just occurred to me. What about a home stereo version of the iPod? Complete with touchscreen iTunes interface, 802.11g for DLing individual tunes from a pay-and-play service and Firewire for migrating existing MP3 collections and newly ripped CDs or syncing and charging a regular iPod? A 40 gig harddrive, RCA or XLR outs and a $500 - $700 pricetag would make this a nice component in the audio setup of those who have filled half their harddrives with music.
  • Reply 140 of 140
    Quote:

Originally posted by cycle

the price will kill it...

yeah.. And how the hell do they get away with:

Quote:

Just a couple weeks ago the company's sales department was telling potential customers that the OQO would be available in April. Later, that changed to sometime in the second quarter of this year. Still, the company started taking pre-orders with a 20% non-refundable deposit.

...In the computer industry?