Samsung mocks Apple for removing power adapters from iPhone boxes

Comments

• Reply 21 of 74
    cloudguy said:
    Xed said:
    Samsung, of course, has a long history of trolling Apple for moves that it eventually copies. 

Every… fricken… time.

"All truthpasses through three stages: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident.” — Arthur Schopenhauer
    1. Not every time AT ALL. As I stated above, Samsung never adopted the notch, never adopted Force Touch and the vast majority of their phones still offer headphone jacks.
    2. Not as many times as Apple has done the same with (say) the stylus, the phablet, LCD to OLED, wireless charging ... you name it. 
    3. Do not expect Samsung to copy the "portless iPhone" when it comes out either. USB-C is too important to give up on all models, and SD cards are too important to give up on midrange and cheap models. 

You are really funny!

Remember how the Samsung’s phones looked like, when the first iPhone  came out?
    Without the iPhone they should be still looking the same till now!
    lordjohnwhorfinwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 22 of 74
    This reminds me why I stopped buying Samsung consumer products. 
    lordjohnwhorfinpscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 74
    Not saying that I agree with Apple’s decision to not include these components anymore, but given Samscum has admitted that their strategy is to copy rather than innovate, I wonder how long it will be before they follow suit...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 74
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,251member
    flydog said:
    Most of those Samsung chargers will eventually be used to power an iOS device. 
    Not me. Have you ever taken apart one of those drug store selling USB chargers? They're garbage and I wouldn't put it past Samsung to use inferior charger components. That said, I pick up Apple chargers at Macsales when they have a sales along with Apple cables. I have plenty because they seem to have legs when people come and visit. 
    pscooter63docno42watto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 25 of 74
    It wouldn't be so shameful if Samsung weren't ridiculing something that has a positive environmental impact.

Hopefully, they'll come on board soon enough, even if it means that they are copying Apple.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 74
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,024member
    All Apple has to do is come back and say how they are doing for the environment. In fact, Apple should do a commercial with just this emphasis and not even mention Samsung. It will make them look like absolute fools!
    GG1watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 74
    Mark today's date folks... Ready to troll back

watto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 28 of 74
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,824member
    Samsung has taken to social media to mock Apple for its recent decision to remove power adapters from iPhone boxes.

Credit: Samsung
    Credit: Samsung
    Typical Samsung originality - the best they can do. Personally not in need of the power adapter nor EarPods and I suspect many, many others aren't either.
    qwerty52watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 74
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,824member

flydog said:
    Would you trust it?  :*
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 74
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Beats said:
    cloudguy said:
    Xed said:
    Samsung, of course, has a long history of trolling Apple for moves that it eventually copies. 

Every… fricken… time.

"All truthpasses through three stages: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident.” — Arthur Schopenhauer
    1. Not every time AT ALL. As I stated above, Samsung never adopted the notch, never adopted Force Touch and the vast majority of their phones still offer headphone jacks.
    2. Not as many times as Apple has done the same with (say) the stylus, the phablet, LCD to OLED, wireless charging ... you name it. 
    3. Do not expect Samsung to copy the "portless iPhone" when it comes out either. USB-C is too important to give up on all models, and SD cards are too important to give up on midrange and cheap models. 

The notch one is funny. iKnockoff morons claimed the notch was copied from the Essential Phone camera hole. A camera hole that was just a camera from a knockoff iPhone no one knew or cared about until they found this excuse.

When Samsung made a camera hole in their knockoff iPhones people dismissed it. So a camera hole is not a notch if used AFTER the iPhone notch.

In short, YES Samsung copied the notch by iKnockoff users standards but not if you add exceptions to the rule to make Apple seem like they copied tech that's nothing like the TrueDeotch camera system.

2. Apple has never copied Samsung. The iPhone to this day does not support Pencil. It's not a stylus focused invention. The newton was but not the iPhone.

"Phablet"... yeah a bigger screen is such an innovation! Funny how when Apple invented the iPad iKnockoff morons claimed "It's just a giant iPod touch!" but when Samsung makes a bigger iPhone knockoff it's "an innovation!"

OLED and "wireless" charging are not a Samsung invention. When are morons gonna learn? Samsung made idiots think this and they ate it up like sheep. OLED is old outdated technology and the Wii had a "wireless" charging pad back in 2008.

3. And OF COURSE knockoff iPhones will copy portless iPhones. The same was said about the headphone jack and soft keyboard. Morons insisted no one would copy Apple's crappy inventions. "Those are toys!" "They don't make a good email machine!" Remember those? Also remember when people mocked Apple for adopting USB and USB-C?
    By any chance do you have “knockoff” set as a keyboard shortcut? Just saying, you’d probably save yourself a nice chunk of time if you did. 
    muthuk_vanalingamchemengin1TRAGwatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 74
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    iqatedo said:

flydog said:
    Would you trust the Samsung OLED displays, NAND flash, and DRAM chips being used in the new iPhones?
    MplsPmuthuk_vanalingamchemengin1
  • Reply 32 of 74
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    Because they include needed accessories?
    muthuk_vanalingamchemengin1
  • Reply 33 of 74
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Who cares?
    I think it’s hilarious. It’s timely, it’s ballsy, and it’s cheeky. We know they’re going to copy Apple here, they know they’re going to copy Apple, and the entire planet knows they’re going to copy Apple. That’s not the point. They are just having a little fun while trying to remain relevant while the rest of the world celebrates iPhone week. Why are so many people acting like Samsung insulted their mother and taking the whole thing so personally? Jesus, get a life. 
  • Reply 34 of 74
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member

hentaiboy said:
    iqatedo said:

flydog said:
    Would you trust the Samsung OLED displays, NAND flash, and DRAM chips being used in the new iPhones?
    Some years back I read an article that did a tear down analysis of various USB chargers - Apple, Samsung, as well as various others. The build quality of both the Samsung and Apple chargers was roughly equivalent and significantly better than all the others. People here deride Samsung, and some of the criticisms are justified, but their products are not cheaply made. (Well, maybe the folding phone was!)

Personally, I think it was embarrassing that Apple was as stingy as it was and continued to include the measly 5w charger with $1000 phones and now that they don’t give one at all. As I and many others have said, they could easily have given a voucher for a charger for those who wanted one. As far as the argument that ‘everyone has one’ goes - well, all many people have is the underpowered 5W chargers because that’s all Apple ever provided.
    lordjohnwhorfinmuthuk_vanalingamchemengin1docno42
  • Reply 35 of 74
    MplsP said:
    Because they include needed accessories?
    Because they suck.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 74
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    "In the name of saving dear earth"; Samsung if you can not lead than at least follow Apple, instead pathetically mocking Apple. You are anti environment. How low can you go Samsung ? Shame on you!!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 74
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    Oh, man, another Samsung phone going down in flames.

A meager distraction. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 74
    MplsP said:

hentaiboy said:
    iqatedo said:

flydog said:
    As far as the argument that ‘everyone has one’ goes - well, all many people have is the underpowered 5W chargers because that’s all Apple ever provided.
    I have mixed feelings about it. Personally, I have enough chargers and cables to take care of my household plus a couple of extras just in case. Not getting a charger or cable doesn't really bother me. 

However, my MIL got an iPhone 11 a few months ago. It came with a charger and cable but what if she had waited until now and instead got an iPhone 12? People like her, who aren't following tech news, would expect to get a charger and be surprised if one wasn't included.

I can also see her being surprised at check-out time if there was a message saying something like "Don't forget the charger!!" with a link to add one for $20 and another for the cable, also at $20. How many people will be in a similar situation and think, "Screw paying that extra $40! I saw a cable and charger on Amazon that was $10 for both! I'm getting that." Should we expect to see more stories of people's new iPhones having issues because suddenly there are thousands of them being attached to cheap chargers and cables?
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 74
    Someone get a recording of those Samsung ads to troll them with their own ads when they remove the chargers. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 40 of 74
    XedXed Posts: 2,568member
    hentaiboy said:
    iqatedo said:
    flydog said:
    I'm sure his point is that PSUs (and batteries) are major points for fire hazards if corners are cut. I've never heard of a CE fire occurring because an OLED display not working right.
    iqatedowatto_cobra