Apple plans to make 220 million iPhones in 2022, fewer than predicted

Posted:
in iPhone
A new supply chain report claims that Apple is planning to make roughly the same number of iPhones in 2022 as it did across 2021, or around 20 million fewer than analysts expected.

Apple has been rumored to sell over 300 million iPhones in 2022, and one industry estimate pegged production for the year at 240 million. Now despite the iPhone being the only smartphone to see its sales rise in Q1 2022, sources say Apple is keeping its new iPhone orders to the same level as last year.

According to Bloomberg, unspecified sources familiar with Apple's projections, say that the company is taking a conservative stance. Suppliers have reportedly been ask to plan to assembly approximately 220 million iPhones.

Part of the reason is said to be concerns over the continued impact of China's coronavirus lockdowns. This has reportedly put at least one iPhone 14 model up to three weeks behind schedule.

There is also the war in Ukraine, plus before either of these, there were signs that iPhone sales were slowing.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    Nikkei again? Those idiots…
  • Reply 2 of 5
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    Unless there is a new much faster Lighting 3 data transfer speed, I’m still holding onto my Xs Max until the external port is USB which is rumored to be finally coming to the iPhone 15 next year.
  • Reply 3 of 5
     I am running my iphone 12  max until I can finally see more than 1 or 2 minor  changes as each year  they  only add minor upgrades and change a colour .  There are a lot if nice collaborations out there regarding camera sensors and lenses , larger lenses and  greater megapixel . Fingerprint sensors in screen . Better   AI voice assistants . 
    They have a lot to catch up on. 
  • Reply 4 of 5
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    220 millions is a baseline. Apple is good at adjusting upward in time to meet the demand.
    Beats
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Fidonet127Fidonet127 Posts: 507member
    Analysts predict predict what Apple will make vs other analysts predict.