something new

Comments

• Reply 41 of 146
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    wow, counter is already at 4000, if this is real, i give it less then 20 minutes of life

EDIT - make that 5000, lol

EDIT - 10 more minutes, now its 6000

EDIT - 7000

EDIT - 8000

EDIT - 9000

EDIT - 10000
  • Reply 42 of 146
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    The inexplicably blurred corner is very suspicious. If it weren't for that, I might have confidence in the legitimacy of this image. Scanner error? Photoshop mishap? Or was the corner of the "brochure" damaged, so he had to fill it in? I agree that it could be tape. And I don't like the case as pictured on the site, but when you copy it to your desktop and open it scaled down in Preview, it looks kickass. It seems like Monday is decades away!

I know that someone mentioned this before, but if you rotate the image in Preview 90deg. clockwise, the thing looks EXACTLY like a server. Does anyone know the measurements for standard servers, so I can see if the aspect ratio of the pictured unit complies to, say, a 4U standard?
  • Reply 43 of 146
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GardenOfEarthlyDelights

UFO photos are exactly the same, and I know those are true.

ZZZZZING
  • Reply 44 of 146
    coscos Posts: 99member
    This looks like an old 486 box from acer. I bet the blurred out section is an intel inside 486DX sticker.
  • Reply 45 of 146
    coscos Posts: 99member
    One thing is for sure, I saw this design and...

I "**** my pants"
  • Reply 46 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by Clive

But, remember the MDD pictures, everyone said "fake, too blurry, too fugly" (right on the second count anyway).

Our very own Jonathan analyzed the MDD pics to death and declared them fake. Not that that means anything.

I would call this definitely, positively a "maybe."
  • Reply 47 of 146
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    MDD?
  • Reply 48 of 146
    curufinwecurufinwe Posts: 104member
    mdd = mirrored drive doors
  • Reply 49 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

MDD?

Mammaries -- size Double D
  • Reply 50 of 146
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    heeeeeeeeeej, it still has handels up and below the front side

for the blur, it's a known artifact of colorcopiers when auto text recognition is on.

but in this case i think it hides something that could give the poet away; it's to gaussian blur.
  • Reply 51 of 146
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    not that this really means anything, but this isn't JYD.
  • Reply 52 of 146
    spotcatbugspotcatbug Posts: 195member
    looks like ass
  • Reply 53 of 146
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    yea that blur spot it a total marquee select, Gaussian blur. I can get the same results doing it in photoshop on another part of the image, the lines around it are two clean to be anything else. what i dont get is how come the top drive plate is bigger than the cd one below it. its the same size as the plate on the bottom, so not removable/replaceable? Traditionally recent macs have shipped with two spots, for a zip drive or more recently for another cd drive. Also a slot loading cd drive, not a good move. Plus a silly point but, the power button looks too big?

Looks HEAVY though..........
  • Reply 54 of 146
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by spotcatbug

looks like ass

sorry, just looked at my girlfriends butt in a way too tight indian rose jeans, i prefer ass
  • Reply 55 of 146
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

I know that someone mentioned this before, but if you rotate the image in Preview 90deg. clockwise, the thing looks EXACTLY like a server. Does anyone know the measurements for standard servers, so I can see if the aspect ratio of the pictured unit complies to, say, a 4U standard?

Standard space between the rails of a 19" rack is 17.75". 4U rackmounts are approx 7" tall.
  • Reply 56 of 146
    macmediamacmedia Posts: 152member
    Gaussian Blur - 5 or 6 pixels. I made my own dark label with white text and blurred it and I could still see where the text was. So, if that's a label of some sort in the bottom left corner then I wonder why there isn't a hint of text there? If it's a fake, someone spent a some time on it...

Chas
  • Reply 57 of 146
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    1. Ugly

2. Fake
  • Reply 58 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

sorry, just looked at my girlfriends butt in a way too tight indian rose jeans, i prefer ass

I'm sorry, but I can't imagine that. Got Pics?
  • Reply 59 of 146
    nitzernitzer Posts: 115member
    I think it's real and it will look beautiful in RL.
  • Reply 60 of 146
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    He used a gaussian blur of 6 or so...

if you select the entire image, except for the spot already blurred, then blur out the image at a blur of 6ish. You'll see it blends together.

No idea how this helps at all...

Still waiting for Apple Legal to get involved... hmmm..