something new

Comments

• Reply 61 of 146
    Whats up with those strange letters? WYSIWYG?
  • Reply 62 of 146
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    everyone said that the new iPod with the four buttons would be ugly too, and it turned out to be awsome, you can't really tell how it will look with that photo, i bet it would look much better in person if it was designed by apple - if it was designed by apple.

look at the counter, it's at 7000 now
  • Reply 63 of 146
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

Whats up with those strange letters? WYSIWYG?

What You See Is What You Get
  • Reply 64 of 146
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    What you see is what you get

edit: woops
  • Reply 65 of 146
    snahabedsnahabed Posts: 16member
    So. Ugly.

That has to be either fake, or a server. No way Apple would sick that on consumers, artists, musicians.. aesthetes!
  • Reply 66 of 146
    nitzernitzer Posts: 115member
    Imagine the sweet ass alu clad displays that could go with this beast...

I dig it.
  • Reply 67 of 146
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

look at the counter, it's at 7000 now

Thats from the same 25 people who keep refreshing to see the counter go up
  • Reply 68 of 146
    ziplocziploc Posts: 41member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bodhi

Either its a hilarious hoax or if real the person has no idea who Worker Bee was. First rule to posting a photo of an unreleased machine:

Never ever create a site and host it yourself. You send it to another site and let them throw it up. Worker Bee put pics of the new mouse on a yahoo website. Apple subpoenaed yahoo and got the IP of the person who created the site and nailed Worker Bee.

Who needs a court order when you can type in

http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/images/

Assuming that Poetry is the actual user site and not an Angelfire category of some kind then we know exactly who this guy is. The contact link leads us to:

http://www.willsowter.co.uk

It's interesting that he is a photographer. But he has no product photography under his online portfolio.

hmmmmmm.....

-zip
  • Reply 69 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by Willoughby

Thats from the same 25 people who keep refreshing to see the counter go up

hahaha lol,

well its 10000 now,
  • Reply 70 of 146
    zoozx27zoozx27 Posts: 88member
    Man that is such an UGLY butter face fake I would almost consider not buying it unless the body was a 10
  • Reply 71 of 146
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ziploc

Who needs a court order when you can type in

http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/images/

Assuming that Poetry is the actual user site and not an Angelfire category of some kind then we know exactly who this guy is. The contact link leads us to:

http://www.willsowter.co.uk

It's interesting that he is a photographer. But he has no product photography under his online portfolio.

hmmmmmm.....

-zip

"Poetry" does appear to be a category.
  • Reply 72 of 146
    richardrichard Posts: 13member
    This is it. I'll bet on it. And I'm darn sure it looks awesomely powerfull and stylish in real.
  • Reply 73 of 146
    he does say this site will disappear quick, so hes aware of the consequences, if this is real that is.
  • Reply 74 of 146
    When you sign up with angelfire they force you to pick a random word to go before your sign-in name. poetry is just a random, meaningless option. I signed up last week and chose ut2 over poetry and many other choices.

FWIW This is kinda what I thought a cross between a PM and a Xserve would look. I don't like it much though. Hope it's a fake.
  • Reply 75 of 146
    i noticed it doesn't have a speaker, unless it is burried somewhere in that grill
  • Reply 76 of 146
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    if this is legit we should expect CaD orders by the end of the day, and this guy is toast. way to easy to track down.

fun to look at though.
  • Reply 77 of 146
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    Wonder what the new keyboard and mouse will look like, should this be the new PowerMac.

Displays would also have to be given the metallic look.
  • Reply 78 of 146
    ensoniqensoniq Posts: 131member
    I'm willing to believe that this is a test system, and that someone took a photo of it. Inside the machine, the real stuff...outside, just a quickly thrown together case so that testers can try the insides without seeing the shock of what Ives is doing to the outside.

To believe Apple will ship that beast is inconceivable.

-- Ensoniq
  • Reply 79 of 146
    I vote fake.

I haven't seen Apple print anything in halftones since...~trying to remember if his old SE or Centris 610's manual was printed in halftones~

Even the new boxes are printed in color.
  • Reply 80 of 146
    its down!!

Looks like he just took down the index page, the person could just be doing it for effect though.