Apple leaks G5 specs

Comments

• Reply 341 of 1072
    I think this is bad for apple...

What if the stats in that pic reflected the models late after the intro of the G5? Who would buy a mac knowing the power to be later released?

I pity the fool who buys a "top of the line" PM G4 late Sunday night.

The 1ghz bus is nice considering Intel had a lot of trouble getting a 800mhz FSB working on there new line of P4s.

With a 1 GHz Bus the clock multiplier will be like 2. (I know, I know!)

Steve keep the power commin'
  • Reply 342 of 1072
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

No Sh*t! I didn't even think about that.

I want to see what CNN, TechTV, MSNBC, and NBC have to say about this in the morning? This is going to rock the world!

um..... hopefull you'll come down to earth soon
  • Reply 343 of 1072
    weevweev Posts: 3member
    Dear Apple

While your there opening that cat full of bags and those gates holding back the horses could you leak out the POWERBOOK 970 specs please. I want to sell a few things on the weekend.

Thanks

A loyal customer

• Reply 344 of 1072
    mpls244mpls244 Posts: 61member
    Quote:

Originally posted by slice

They litigated against the original WorkerBee....

Although was he an actually employee? I'm thinking

he may just have been a contractor.

Nonetheless, employees have contracts too.. and this would certainly be breach of contract.

I was assuming that this was a mistake by WorkerBee 2, not an intentional act.

If it was intentional, Apple probably would sue him.

Personally I have a hard time believing that an Apple employee or contractor would intentionally risk their job for a stunt like this.
  • Reply 345 of 1072
    ciacia Posts: 267member
    OK OK! We all need to take a deep breath about this.

Now that we've done that, can we get back to discussing the exciting iPod 2.01 software that just came out? Look at all the bug fixes!
  • Reply 346 of 1072
    weevweev Posts: 3member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mpls244

I was assuming that this was a mistake by WorkerBee 2, not an intentional act.

If it was intentional, Apple probably would sue him.

Personally I have a hard time believing that an Apple employee or contractor would intentionally risk their job for a stunt like this.

I think this was a glitch - image name the same, akamai, there you go...
  • Reply 347 of 1072
    tsukuritetsukurite Posts: 192member
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

I think this is bad for apple...

What if the stats in that pic reflected the models late after the intro of the G5? Who would buy a mac knowing the power to be later released?

I pity the fool who buys a "top of the line" PM G4 late Sunday night.

The 1ghz bus is nice considering Intel had a lot of trouble getting a 800mhz FSB working on there new line of P4s.

With a 1 GHz Bus the clock multiplier will be like 2. (I know, I know!)

Steve keep the power commin'

If I understand your post, you're afraid these specs are for Version 2 machines? I don't think Apple would be entirely sure what the specs will be yet, let alone send them off to the web team to create graphics. I could be completely wrong (more often than not), and I know most companies do have long roadmaps, but it seems a bit er, premature, to even have graphic like this, if it was a Version 2 machine.

I'm not sure if that made sense or not, but it's nearly 1am, so I'm not surprised.

edit: nope, not at all, but I'll leave it.
  • Reply 348 of 1072
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

um..... hopefull you'll come down to earth soon

OK, so I'm a little excited. Can you blame me?
  • Reply 349 of 1072
    elmlishelmlish Posts: 6member
    Wow.

wow.

....riffling through wallet...

...riffling through wife's purse...

....raiding kid's piggy bank...

dang.

wow.

Anyone want to buy a slightly soiled left sock

(the right one's got holes in it)? Mint Condition. Actually it's got a bit of mint near the heel. I think I stepped in something. Oh yes, it was my jaw just sitting there on the floor...and nearly all my bodily fluids.

This blows my mind

This blows my colon.

Thank you web dude. I needed something to keep me up tonight so that I can finish my deadline. Better than KMX.. Better than Red Bull. Leaked Apple info that is actually really good!
  • Reply 350 of 1072
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I remember The apple store, and all of apple's site later, wasn't loading for me last night for a while.

ridiculously good news for apple should these Pmacs be for real.

of all the people to get hte info from, it had to be apple themselves I love it.
  • Reply 351 of 1072
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    Only 2GHz? It would take at least 2.3GHz to beat Intel's 3.2GHz P4 that will be introduced Monday. At 2GHz, we can expect SPEC scores to be on par with an old 3.06GHz P4 on a 533MHz FSB. I don't even think the 2GHz machine will match the current 3.0GHz canterwood for most things given OS X's overhead. These PowerMacs will certainly be more expensive than comparable PCs.

Thumbs down.
  • Reply 352 of 1072
    I want to point out that Apple supporting up to 8 gb of ram is very huge in itself...Besides the "how" they are going to do it, it proves that OSX WILL indeed be 64-bit compliant "out-of-the-box". Because of course with the current 32-bit iteration, the max is "only" 4gb. I could be wrong on this, but I think it is accurate. So if the leak is indeed true, which I have all reason to believe so of course, then this is yet another great piece of info.
  • Reply 353 of 1072
    Quote:

Originally posted by elmlish

Wow.

wow.

....riffling through wallet...

...riffling through wife's purse...

....raiding kid's piggy bank...

dang.

wow.

Anyone want to buy a slightly soiled left sock

(the right one's got holes in it)? Mint Condition. Actually it's got a bit of mint near the heel. I think I stepped in something. Oh yes, it was my jaw just sitting there on the floor...and nearly all my bodily fluids.

This blows my mind

This blows my colon.

Thank you web dude. I needed something to keep me up tonight so that I can finish my deadline. Better than KMX.. Better than Red Bull. Leaked Apple info that is actually really good!

ROTFL!

<OT>Is it riffling, rifling, or riffiling?</OT>
  • Reply 354 of 1072
    nemesisnemesis Posts: 138member
    Will there be an Apple Press Release tomarrow?
  • Reply 355 of 1072
    elmlishelmlish Posts: 6member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tsukurite

ROTFL!

<OT>Is it riffling, rifling, or riffiling?</OT>

I'm not sure...

the only one Mail.apps spell checker doesn't like is #3. riffiling.
  • Reply 356 of 1072
    craig12cocraig12co Posts: 106member
    i can't decide if i want to know what the prices are or what the case looks like more. the waiting hurts... so... bad...
  • Reply 357 of 1072
    crayzcrayz Posts: 73member
    Existence - umm...no dude. you're an idiot. sorry, reboot and try again
  • Reply 358 of 1072
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

Only 2GHz? It would take at least 2.3GHz to beat Intel's 3.2GHz P4 that will be introduced Monday. At 2GHz, we can expect SPEC scores to be on par with an old 3.06GHz P4 on a 533MHz FSB.

Yeah, cause it's sooo old.

Quote:

I don't even think the 2GHz machine will match the current 3.0GHz canterwood for most things given OS X's overhead. These PowerMacs will certainly be more expensive than comparable PCs.

Thumbs down. [/B]

Oh, yes, well of course. We should all just sit down and wait for Apple to give us a 10GHz machine for $20.00USD.
  • Reply 359 of 1072
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

Only 2GHz? It would take at least 2.3GHz to beat Intel's 3.2GHz P4 that will be introduced Monday. At 2GHz, we can expect SPEC scores to be on par with an old 3.06GHz P4 on a 533MHz FSB. I don't even think the 2GHz machine will match the current 3.0GHz canterwood for most things given OS X's overhead. These PowerMacs will certainly be more expensive than comparable PCs.

Thumbs down.

That's almost funny. But Panther is going to be the biggest story of the show. Put it all together, and drool baby!

You can keep your windoze box. I'll stick with my Mac's.
  • Reply 360 of 1072
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

That's almost funny. But Panther is going to be the biggest story of the show. Put it all together, and drool baby!

Yeah! What he said!

(sorry to suck more bandwidth, but, oooo, grrrrr )