Invesco Field

Indianapolis at New Orleans

8:30 PM

Superdome

Mon, Sep 29

Green Bay at Chicago

9:00 PM

Soldier Field

i'll hold off on my own picks for now...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 202
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Arizona at St. Louis

San Francisco at Minnesota

cross my fingers

Tennessee at Pittsburgh

Its time for sweet revenge!

New England at Washington

I could care less and actually do not like either team.

Imagine that in 2003 you still have a team with a name like the 'Redskins' . . . . what the hey?! couldn't they at least change it to Warriors . . or Braves or something?!

Jacksonville at Houston

?????

Philadelphia at Buffalo

They gotta get their mojo back!!

Cincinnati at Cleveland

See above blurb re:mojo . . . although they just need to acquire some

Kansas City at Baltimore

The game Du Jour!!! Wish I could watch it but the Chiefs are a much better team IMO

San Diego at Oakland

Gannon is pissed off and so is Romanowski . . .so watch out . . especially at home.

Dallas at NY Jets

Dallas got lucky with the Giants and the Jets just havn't found their rythm yet . . . if they will it will start here . . . but maybe they just desperately need Pennington back hm?!

Atlanta at Carolina

Atlanta is nothing without Vick

Detroit at Denver

Upset stunner of the day. Marriuchi has been doing some top-secret ceremonial tantric sex magick and the chakra's are going to explode this week . . . at least I hope so. I'll always vote for them as upset team of the week . . but I couldn't want it more htan this week (except maybe against some other team I hate)

They're just better this year than NO.

Mon, Sep 29

Green Bay at Chicago

Urlacher . . . . what else can I say
  • Reply 2 of 202
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Arizona at St. Louis

right now, i am betting against st. louis due to losing marshall faulk, and arizona still being stoked at beating green bay (even if it was green bay's fault). i suppose this is my big upset of the week.

culpepper is hurting in his back, which should take some distance off long balls to randy. if san fran can't win this game, i give up on pickin' 'em anymore this season, and erickson will officially suck balls.

Tennessee at Pittsburgh

tough call. i'll go with the home team, but this should be a really good game.

another home team, AND almost all of new england's defense is injured, traded or released. they have a lot of good rookies, but they're still rookies. ramsey to coles all day long.

Jacksonville at Houston

who the hell knows. let's say houston as the home team.

Philadelphia at Buffalo

i get the feeling philly will make this close, but it's in buffalo, and staley is no williams. donovan will have to run 15 times, and throw 60 to win this.

Cincinnati at Cleveland

another weird game. give cincy credit... they have played hard against each opponent. they have gotta get kitna out of that offense. watch the fans to boo holcomb off the field if they have a bad first half - and boo couch if he comes in the second. i'll go with cincy.

Kansas City at Baltimore

kansas city. baltimore has no air offensive. lewis is great, but kansas city isn't cleveland. dick vermeil will come the closest to an undefeated season than anyone in recent memory.

San Diego at Oakland

are either of these teams that bad? junior seau was the heart of the whole team, and it shows. without porter, the raiders have no speed so they have to do everythign short. gannon apaprently hates trestman now. they're getting penalized out the wazoo, romo has offically lost his mind this season (and selling bowflex on t.v., which automatically make him an enormous loser) and callahan is looking fondly at notre dame to get him out from under al davis' stare. go with san diego.

Dallas at NY Jets

i still think dallas is a very bad team. i think the jets are simply poor. guess that means j-e-t-s, jets, jets... uh, jets.

Atlanta at Carolina

atlanta = one man team. absolutely astounding. carolina finally has a defense, and delhomme can get them to the endzone (though he will have two int's).

Detroit at Denver

sorry, pfflam, i like harrington a lot, but i just do not see them knocking off the broncos at mile high.

zzzzzzzz... huh? oh, there's a game? who knew? gimme indy, with new orleans slipping to - ouch 1 and 3.

Mon, Sep 29

Green Bay at Chicago

gimme green bay, spoiling another stadium reopening game this year. i mean, it is still chicago.
  • Reply 3 of 202
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Arizona at St. Louis

Tennessee at Pittsburgh

Jacksonville at Houston

Philadelphia at Buffalo

Cincinnati at Cleveland

Kansas City at Baltimore

San Diego at Oakland

Dallas at NY Jets

Atlanta at Carolina

Detroit at Denver

Green Bay at Chicago
  • Reply 4 of 202
    LMAO@ people picking the Bungals over Cleveland...
  • Reply 5 of 202
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Yeah, it's not like Cleveland just allowed a gimp with bionic knees to run for 8 billion yards.
  • Reply 6 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

dude, LMAO that cleveland even bothers to take the field these days. they played ugly last week. san fran just played uglier.
  • Reply 7 of 202
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Arizona at St. Louis

Tennessee at Pittsburgh

Jacksonville at Houston

Philadelphia at Buffalo

Cincinnati at Cleveland

Kansas City at Baltimore

San Diego at Oakland

Dallas at NY Jets

Atlanta at Carolina

Detroit at Denver

Green Bay at Chicago
  • Reply 8 of 202
    Please, Holcomb was limping on the field and still managed to kick the 49ers asses...I guess the Browns just suck enough to drive 90 yards in the final minute to win the game huh?
  • Reply 9 of 202
    Quote:

I guess the Browns just suck enough to drive 90 yards in the final minute to win the game huh?

yep, pretty much. let's look at the browns season so far. 9-6 loss to indy. utter destruction at the hands of prophet jamal lewis, and 3 and a half quarters of u-g-l-y. okay, maybe theyll beat cincy, but they are NOT a good team right now.
  • Reply 10 of 202
    Quote:

Please, Holcomb was limping on the field and still managed to kick the 49ers asses...I guess the Browns just suck enough to drive 90 yards in the final minute to win the game huh?

I hope the 49ers and Browns play the Seahawks that way. It'll be a long day.

I think Green Bay snaps back strong.

I'm going with the Vikings as well.
  • Reply 11 of 202
    BR seems to be the only intelligent person here thus far.
  • Reply 12 of 202
    Quote:

BR seems to be the only intelligent person here thus far.

it's okay, tiger. i know what it's like, rooting for a loser. i lived in tampa my entire life. just let it out...
  • Reply 13 of 202
    Looks like the only one rooting for a loser is you by picking Cincinnati.
  • Reply 14 of 202
    now, you see? this is why i started these nfl weekly threads. predictions AND talkin' smack!

tres bien!
  • Reply 15 of 202
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

Detroit at Denver

sorry, pfflam, i like harrington a lot, but i just do not see them knocking off the broncos at mile high.

But wouldn't it be sweeeet!??

almost as sweet as Detroit beating the Niners in San Francisco . . . that would be the best . . . Mariuchi slapping the hors d'oevres out of that old control freak's hands . . .

hey what's up with these votes against Pittsburgh. . . . they got a very strong air game and a very strong middle line on Defense and they made up some of what they lacked on secondary last year . . . .once they get the running offense rythm back people will start to give them the respect they deserve . . .

now, that that is out of the way:

I would make two positions clear:

Jacksonville at Houston

and I would say that

Niners will probably win

and:

Quote:

from tigerwoods:

That attitude will be the teams attitude as well.... which is why they will lose
  • Reply 16 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

That attitude will be the teams attitude as well.... which is why they will lose

yep, last i checked, corey dillon still plays for the bengals. but then again, cleveland is so strong against the run... what? uh... oh. sorry. never mind.

gosh, who held the single game rushing record before jamal lewis broke it??? oh, yeah....
  • Reply 17 of 202
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    STL

MIN

PIT

NE

JAX

PHI

CLE

KC

OAK

DAL

ATL

DEN

IND

GB

I still think we should go with spreads instead of straight picks.
  • Reply 18 of 202
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

culpepper is hurting in his back, which should take some distance off long balls to randy. if san fran can't win this game, i give up on pickin' 'em anymore this season, and erickson will officially suck balls.

It's not Erickson, it's Knapp. And the aching O-Line. They presented themselves with GREAT chances to win both games they lost. It's too bad they got burned by the stupidest brainfarts ever.
  • Reply 19 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I still think we should go with spreads instead of straight picks.

a.) you did pretty damn well last week on just picks. i would think you would want to stay that way. ah well, post whatever you like. it's all in fun anyway...

b.) for all of the football i consume, i have never understood spreads and all that crap. ("the over/under is 3 1/2" wtf?!?) you can do it if you want, but i'm sticking with picks. kinda like the lottery. doubtful if anyone will go 14-0 or 16-0 on a particular week. we should have a prize if anyoen does.

and i hold no confidence in erickson. he was mediocre in seattle, won a national championship in miami off of johnson's recruiting... i don't know much about his career with da beavers, though. he seemed to get them to respectability, which i guess is something. he seems to me to be stuck somewhere between good (but not great) college coach, and good (but not great) pro coach. maybe it's the situations he's placed int, though, i don't know.

p.s. safari's caching problems are no affecting forms, too. so folks, be careful if you go back to edit a previous post more than once -- safari may lose your last edits.
  • Reply 20 of 202
    Arizona

1:00 PM

Edward Jones Dome

Minnesota

Metrodome

Tennessee

Heinz Field

Washington