Semi-Perpetual NFL Picks Thread

Comments

• Reply 41 of 202
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

I can change nothing. I am no longer a moderator.

well, if you didn't do it... and i didn't do it... then WHO DID????

(this is quickly becoming a scooby doo episode... later in the thread, someone's gonna rip off groverat's face and reveal amorph or something).
  • Reply 42 of 202
    muhahaaha.

ps: my skins are gods.
  • Reply 43 of 202
    Cardinals @ Cowboys

Broncos @ Chiefs

Vikings @ Falcons

Raiders @ Bears

Titans @ Patriots

Lions @ 49ers

Browns @ Steelers

Bengals @ Bills

Dolphins @ Giants

Saints @ Panthers

Seahawks @ Packers

Redskins @ Eagles

Colts @ Buccaneers
  • Reply 44 of 202
    alright, now that we seem to have a thread for week-to-week picks n' such, i'll throw my hat in the ring for week five (edit: okay, now that the packers are finishing picking bear meat out of their teeth, i'll make my last two picks):

Cardinals @ Cowboys

i hate bill parcells for making the cowboy respectable this quick.

Broncos @ Chiefs

if this were at denver, i would have gone with the broncos.

Vikings @ Falcons

is vick healthy yet? no? vikings go 5-0.

Raiders @ Bears

super bowl hangover? take a pair of chargers and bears games and call me in the morning.

Titans @ Patriots

titans are playing surprisingly well. i'll go with them.

Lions @ 49ers

honestly, half of me says this won't fly, but i'd like t.o. to eat a bit more crow and have a few more temper tantrums (tantra?) before i start pickin' the niners again.

Browns @ Steelers

going with the home town steelers. i've always liked couch better than holcomb, but i think maddox and zeroue (sp?) will score more.

Bengals @ Bills

bills have a better chance of getting off the slide than the bengals have winning back-to-back on the road.

Dolphins @ Giants

tough, tough game to call. if this game were later int he year (i.e. cold), then i would give it to nyg. but as it is, with miami coming off a bye, i'll go with the 'phins.

Saints @ Panthers

panthers have shown no signs of slowing down. saints have shown no signs of starting up.

Seahawks @ Packers

i get the feeling i am going to regret thiss, but i am goin to pick green bay. solid showing against that high school team that plays in chicago, plus it's at home (and a long trip for the seahawks).

Redskins @ Eagles

sigh. okay, i'll start picking the eagles again. plus, they're at home.

Colts @ Buccaneers

yes, colts destroyed the saints. but everyone except the texans have destroyed the saints this year so far. bucs coming off bye. there may be some let up in this game as it is non-divisional and non-conference. i'll go with my bucs.
  • Reply 45 of 202
    Cowboys

Chiefs

Vikings

Bears

Titans

Lions

Steelers

Bills

Dolphins

Panthers

Packers

Eagles

Colts GO DUNGY!!!!!
  • Reply 46 of 202
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    This is why I prefer new threads . . . more energy more comments . . . .

mst I repost my picks

Oh . . . and Grover . . . Maddox is pretty good . . . when he is being intercepted
  • Reply 47 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

This is why I prefer new threads . . . more energy more comments . . . .

mst I repost my picks

Oh . . . and Grover . . . Maddox is pretty good . . . when he is being intercepted

yeah, i feel the same way, but SOMEONE had to start issuing next week's picks ahead of time. i decided to give the perpetual thread a shot, but it seems to have stagnated. i wanted to have the new weekly threads spawned closer to the weekends for a bit more energy and anticipation.

ah well...
  • Reply 48 of 202
    By the way, Tarrel Owens should by fined for his Unsportsman like conduct. Very unbecoming of a professional . . .and a millionaire . . .

Hey, its a game: look at the history of play and game and you see the whole origin of the notion of a 'gentleman': honor and valor were all part of the game in ancient cultures.... 'virtue' gets its origin in Greek culture in one's ability to play honorably and to win . . but if one loses one still plays honorably . . . shares the root of 'virility'
  • Reply 49 of 202
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

By the way, Tarrel Owens should by fined for his Unsportsman like conduct. Very unbecoming of a professional . . .and a millionaire . . .

Hey, its a game: look at the history of play and game and you see the whole origin of the notion of a 'gentleman': honor and valor were all part of the game in ancient cultures.... 'virtue' gets its origin in Greek culture in one's ability to play honorably and to win . . but if one loses one still plays honorably . . . shares the root of 'virility'

I'd say trade him, but this isn't baseball, and trades are exceedingly rare. Plus he's gunna be a free agent, but maybe, just maybe we can get a contender to take him in exchange for a draft pick or something...

Owens is great because he's the most physical receiver in the entire league, and he's crazy fast, but his hands and attitude are crap.
  • Reply 50 of 202
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Last week I went 10 - 4. I think I can beat that this week.

Cardinals @ Cowboys

Broncos @ Chiefs

Vikings @ Falcons

Raiders @ Bears

Titans @ Patriots

Lions @ 49ers

Browns @ Steelers

Bengals @ Bills

Dolphins @ Giants

Saints @ Panthers

Seahawks @ Packers

Redskins @ Eagles

Colts @ Buccaneers

Chargers vs Jaguars
  • Reply 51 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I'd say trade him, but this isn't baseball, and trades are exceedingly rare. Plus he's gunna be a free agent, but maybe, just maybe we can get a contender to take him in exchange for a draft pick or something...

Owens is great because he's the most physical receiver in the entire league, and he's crazy fast, but his hands and attitude are crap.

I can count about 5 or 6 receivers I would want ahead of Owens. Until he learns to shut that yap and be a team player, he'll never be the best wideout in the league. Too bad...he has all the tools.

Imagine if Miami had a real quarterback...I think Chris Chambers could quite possibly be the best receiver in the league. He has the athleticism of Moss with hands rivaling Carter and is a team player with a good work ethic. If Griese ever starts we might see some very special things out of Chambers in the coming years.
  • Reply 52 of 202
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Lions @ 49ers

This is the game I'm most excited about today. Can't wait to see The Revenge of Mariucci?.
  • Reply 53 of 202
    Its earlu but it feels loke there might be sme dissapointments this week: the packers are plauing well and Denver just scored first . . . personally, though I like Portis I don't like Denver not do I like the Packers . . .

. and, Atlanta is up by 6
  • Reply 54 of 202
    WOW.... Shaun Alexander is awesome . . . fun to watch

(though he spells Sean wrong)

I guess the Seahawks are the real-thing
  • Reply 55 of 202
    Damn.... Packers are looking good . . . they improved a lot since the beginning of the year .. .. . hm?
  • Reply 56 of 202
    DA BEARS !

ya, they suck....but I love 'em ('til the bitter end)

GO CUBS TOO !!
  • Reply 57 of 202
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Lord. I nearly walked out on the Bears at halftime. Glad I stuck around. Exciting game (the 2nd half anyways).
  • Reply 58 of 202
    Seattle's Defense looked pretty weak. The Packers looked like a real team . . . ugh, just think about it "cheeseheads" . . . the double ententres just turn my stumach

Chiefs pull off a miracle (listened to this game while watching the Packers game) Daunte Hall is truly amazing.
  • Reply 59 of 202
    For some reason the Lions game is not showing here in Wisconsin though they are in the same division as the Packers and its not on NFL Prepass either . . . damn, I was locking forward to it . . . oh well . . . they're losing big time anyway . . .
  • Reply 60 of 202
    Actually the lions are only down 17 - 10 right now.

I'm 8 - 1 in the morning games! WOO HOO!