Panther 7B** Builds Discussion (images on page 2 & 5)

Comments

• Reply 1101 of 1176
    I would just like to say that I am completely and utterly addicted to expose.

I sat for over 3 hours last night, hiding all, showing all, showing all in current...hiding all, showing all, showing all in current...

I have an emac, and it is flawless, superb, perfect. It may well be the most elegant, and beautiful implimentation of anything that I have ever seen in any operating system.

I am sitting in the office now, and all I can think about is going home to my pretty and...hiding all, showing all, showing all in current...

I need help.

• Reply 1102 of 1176
    Warning to everyone here:

Read the announcement in this forum ASAP. Asking for technical support questions regarding Panther is still prohibited until it is publicly available.
  • Reply 1103 of 1176
    Quote:

Originally posted by maninmac

I would just like to say that I am completely and utterly addicted to expose.

I sat for over 3 hours last night, hiding all, showing all, showing all in current...hiding all, showing all, showing all in current...

I have an emac, and it is flawless, superb, perfect. It may well be the most elegant, and beautiful implimentation of anything that I have ever seen in any operating system.

I am sitting in the office now, and all I can think about is going home to my pretty and...hiding all, showing all, showing all in current...

I need help.

YES! you do need help... get it soon...
  • Reply 1104 of 1176
    jay1jay1 Posts: 22member
    Brad No offence but ever thot some of the people here might be develpers and asking for tech help from other develpers that have access to it? Or even x apple emploies. think about it. =/
  • Reply 1105 of 1176
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jay1

Brad No offence but ever thot some of the people here might be develpers and asking for tech help from other develpers that have access to it? Or even x apple emploies. think about it. =/

As Panther's not officially done, it would be hasty for anybody to reply to tech support questions. It's a moving target.
  • Reply 1106 of 1176
    cowerdcowerd Posts: 579member
    Quote:

Developers have official support channels with Apple. Developers do not ask for help for unreleased software in a public forum. That is a violation of NDA. What the fsck would an ex-Apple employee know about the latest OS release. Think about it?
  • Reply 1107 of 1176
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

How buggy is the GM????

Well, my bugs in 7B85 so far:

1) Printing crashes some apps.

2) AlBook keyboard lights quit working after waking from sleep..

3) When connecting to a remote server through an alias, the name//password dialog won't accept keyboard input.

So ....... yes.
  • Reply 1108 of 1176
    Quote:

Eugene and cowerd have the right idea. If you read the announcement I mentioned, you would see:

Quote:

Only registered developers with Apple have legitimate access to these builds and they have no reason to post such requests here.

Developers working with Panther have signed NDAs - nondisclosure agreements - and have direct access to Apple itself for asking questions and solving problems.

Thus, there is no legitimate reason for such tech support questions. If you choose to pirate it, you choose to deal with the problems you encounter on your own and will not receive any help from this forum.
  • Reply 1109 of 1176
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I agree with Eugene. I personally think there is more going on.

Granted, everyone thought there was more going on with 10.0, but then again there was a standard build released by Apple. Currently, no GM seed has been widely distributed or mentioned outside of rumor circles.

Who knows if this is related to 10.3.1... but if there was an update to be rolled out, you'd think you'd have your developers test it too.
  • Reply 1110 of 1176
    Quote:

Originally posted by BKMaggert

Well, my bugs in 7B85 so far:

1) Printing crashes some apps.

2) AlBook keyboard lights quit working after waking from sleep..

3) When connecting to a remote server through an alias, the name//password dialog won't accept keyboard input.

So ....... yes.

i noticed another, probably old, but i have icons that will go underneath the dock in 7b85
  • Reply 1111 of 1176
    moosemoose Posts: 25member
    Quote:

Originally posted by frank_t

I Feel sorry for anyone that went back and redownloaded it for a read me file

Frank_t

The one they put on ADC had the fixed readme.
  • Reply 1112 of 1176
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Atrox

Did anyone else loose all volume/mute and eject keys after an archive and install (7B85)? I'm one of two people I know that this has happened to.

USB Overdrive causes this. I submitted a bug report to Apple.
  • Reply 1113 of 1176
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    Just a quick observation regarding expose - it does not show classic apps. Don't know if that has been mentioned before but I guess it should not surprise me.
  • Reply 1114 of 1176
    Quote:

Originally posted by anand

Just a quick observation regarding expose - it does not show classic apps. Don't know if that has been mentioned before but I guess it should not surprise me.

What do you mean by "show"? The classic app windows disappear when any running OS X apps shrink down or move off screen?
  • Reply 1115 of 1176
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I've noticed that application windows that normally can't be resized or moved will simply fade out instead of moving when Exposé is invoked. However, sometimes they will move instead of fading if the "show desktop" command is used.

It's not carbon vs. cocoa, because MS Office (carbon) behaves normally. The pallettes are a different story though - they fade out. So does the "About this Mac" window (which also uses a non-standard style). I guess Exposé only affects with the standard interface style.
  • Reply 1116 of 1176
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

I've noticed that application windows that normally can't be resized or moved will simply fade out instead of moving when Exposé is invoked. However, sometimes they will move instead of fading if the "show desktop" command is used.

It's not carbon vs. cocoa, because MS Office (carbon) behaves normally. The pallettes are a different story though - they fade out. So does the "About this Mac" window (which also uses a non-standard style). I guess Exposé only affects with the standard interface style.

Exposé is for documents and other user centered windows (browser windows, iTunes, iCal, Finder windows and so on). Palettes, toolbars and othes like that are hidden (they aren't windows anyway).
  • Reply 1117 of 1176
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    for those with funky volume/eject problems, a little bird might have told me that emptying the Cache folders (/Library and /Users) will solve these issues.

or so i heard.
  • Reply 1118 of 1176
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

jay1, no OFFENSE, but (did) you ever THINK that some of the people here might expect something resembling proper GRAMMAR and SPELLING from an actual apple DEVELOPER or its EMPLOYEES ("ex" or otherwise).

but, hey, no offense. \
  • Reply 1119 of 1176
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

How buggy is the GM????

Clean Install:

-Finder will quit and relaunch if several AIM icon files (including animated AIM icons) are selected on the desktop and dragged into a finder window (such as the "Pictures" folder). This may happen with other types of files, too.

-Caps Lock will turn itself on sometimes at login, but the "Caps Lock" light on the keyboard will not indicate it. If the button is pushed twice, it will operate as normal.

-Dock/Menus may not respond to mouse when a user has "fast user switched" and left Safari open & iTunes playing. This may be caused by "Kensington Mouseworks" drivers.

-Mail won't play custom sounds properly.. If custom sound is set to play when action occurs (ex: when new mail arrives), there will be a loud POP before and after the sound file plays. This doesn't occur if the sounds already included in the system are used.

-Folders may not show updated files when their content is changed until after a restart.

-Preview's up/down scroll buttons distort if the up/down arrows in the side drawer are pushed while an animated image is playing. (this occurs in 10.2, also)

there is other odd behavior that occurs with Photoshop 7.0.1, but I don't remember exactly what it is.

This is on 7B85.. The bugs are reported to Apple & I will write more here for any others I remember encountering recently.
  • Reply 1120 of 1176
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    has anyone tested remote desktop with 7b85 or better?