Pic of computer setup - 2003

Comments

• Reply 481 of 627
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Here's my new desk. A replacement to both my old writing desk and computer desk. Now my room has more space to put stuff.

The desk really matches the ACD and tower
  • Reply 482 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

Here's my new desk. A replacement to both my old writing desk and computer desk. Now my room has more space to put stuff.

The fun you could be having with your FFX action figures? why are they not in hilarious poses?
  • Reply 483 of 627
    All those FFX figures (except Tidus) are fixed posed molded statues.......very expensive (since I got them directly from Japan)
  • Reply 484 of 627
    Quote:

DUDE! I have that desk!
  • Reply 485 of 627
    Quote:

All those FFX figures (except Tidus) are fixed posed molded statues.......very expensive (since I got them directly from Japan)

Whatever turns you on!
  • Reply 486 of 627
    niconico Posts: 50member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Dual G5. Coming soon: 1GB ram and blue light mod. 8) [/B]

Sorry, what is blue light mod ?

thnx

Nico
  • Reply 487 of 627
    He's going to replace the LED on the front with a light blue one.
  • Reply 488 of 627
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member

Bow down before the power of the iMac G3.

The FASTEST G3 iMac that Apple EVER made. We're talking 700 mind-numbing MHz of raw G3 processing power here, kickin' it in behind the crystal clear 15" CRT, running at a very spacious, razor sharp 1024x768 resolution. Couple that power with an incredible 512MB of RAM running at 100MHz (that's OVER HALF A GIGABYTE), and you just imagine how this beast screams.

I've got a huge 60GB hard drive in this baby too, and it's 5400 RPM rotational speed would make it hover right off my desk if it weren't for the attached peripherals.

A 8x CD-RW drive completes the package. I can use this drive to back up data to CD-R, or make my own CDs for listening to in the car. It's pretty amazing.

In this photo we've also got a 15GB iPod, some Sony headphones, and to the left of the iMac is my inspiration for AppleOutsider posting.

Hope you enjoy the photo. Signed 8x10s are on sale now for $5.99, just drop me a PM and we can work out the details.

• Reply 489 of 627
    Let see how long it will last

I bet 5 weeks
  • Reply 490 of 627
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Sorry man, I've already had it for almost 8 weeks.

• Reply 491 of 627
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    5 weeks is a little bit long for him...

My turn...

• Reply 492 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

5 weeks is a little bit long for him...

My turn...

Very sexy blue light, what did you do to get that?
  • Reply 493 of 627
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Well.. I started out with a pair of 300mm (11-inch) Blue Cold Cathode light tubes [made by PCToys]. I bought it in COMPUSA, but later realized that I can get it cheaper on the manufacturer website.

It comes with a inverter, female and male molex connector, switch, and some mounting tools.

I didn't bother to use those mounting tools supplied, I basically used some scotch tape and sticked both tubes on the bottom of the MDD. Plugged it to the hard drive power connector and it's done.

I know the tubes should belong inside the case.. but I'm still figure it out due to the tight space limitation of the MDD.
  • Reply 494 of 627
    sorry.... 'twas only available for a limited time.
  • Reply 495 of 627
    This is my new setup:

400mhz iMac

OS9

1Ghz 12" PB

OSX 10.2.7

VPC

Win XP

pb and imac

This is my collection:

Mac Classic (top 2)

Mac IIci (below left)

Mac LC 475 (below right)

collection

pb 12"

at night

ps. geocities' website show the pics only after I hit the ENTER at the address.
  • Reply 496 of 627
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Due to popular demand, I have moved my G5 to under the desk. The pic is coming soon.
  • Reply 497 of 627
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    _my_ current setup untill the new machine.

oh, i haven't installed that panther yet.
  • Reply 498 of 627
    murbot,

That iMac... new, used, "new-to-you", or referb?

just wondering...
  • Reply 500 of 627
    Oops.